Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-04-2017, 11:13 PM

31,304 posts, read 32,751,792 times

Advertisements

Any item being sold that injures 530 people and kills 59 more would be taken off the market by the most government agencies. Why is the BUMP STOCK continuing to be sold? Where are our responsible leaders that were voted into office to represent citizens?

The NRA should be outraged by the event that took place in Vegas demonstrating their pathetic stand on guns and gun equipment. If the Republicans have all the control in government right now and they do nothing – what does this say about them?

And “yes” this is the right time and the right place to talk about this issue!

The government agencies have taken toys off the market because of injury or death to kids. Furniture has been recalled because of issues, planes grounded after a major failure until the problem is corrected, medicine pulled off the shelves, food items removed and recalled; yet this type of weapon and equipment is sold and continues to be sold. WHY?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2017, 11:16 PM

5,751 posts, read 2,755,678 times
Because cars kill peoeple and should we ban those and my second amendment rights and blah, blah, blah.
Save your breath. They have their way and they like it no matter how many die.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 PM

5,717 posts, read 3,122,690 times
Last I checked, a "bump stock" never killed anyone.

And do you think we should ban skyscrapers and commercial jets?

Old 10-04-2017, 11:22 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,202,959 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post
Any item being sold that injures 530 people and kills 59 more would be taken off the market by the most government agencies. Why is the BUMP STOCK continuing to be sold? Where are our responsible leaders that were voted into office to represent citizens?

The NRA should be outraged by the event that took place in Vegas demonstrating their pathetic stand on guns and gun equipment. If the Republicans have all the control in government right now and they do nothing – what does this say about them?

The government agencies have taken toys off the market because of injury or death to kids. Furniture has been recalled because of issues, planes grounded after a major failure until the problem is corrected, medicine pulled off the shelves, food items removed and recalled; yet this type of weapon and equipment is sold and continues to be sold. WHY?

Products are removed from the market when they are defective. Products are much harder to remove from the market, when the product worked as designed, and are legal. It was the miss use of the legal product and the person pulling the trigger is where the problem lies.

What you are wanting is a legal product declared illegal; a more lengthy process.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:25 PM

31,837 posts, read 14,815,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Because cars kill peoeple and should we ban those and my second amendment rights and blah, blah, blah.
Save your breath. They have their way and they like it no matter how many die.
I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves because we have taken advantage of what their intent was by this amendment.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:32 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,459,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AksarbeN View Post

It says we aren't bending at the knee to fit an anti gun agenda.

I ask the same questions, where's the representatives I elected in NY to overturn the firearm legislation portion of the safe act in NY? They were too busy trying to make friends across the aisle to come to a compromise.

Ok. Attended rallies the works. Nothing.

I am not willing to forfeit my rights or have them altered any more.

I'm done with compromising to fit a liberals idea of a utopia. Want to be like Europe so badly? Move there. This isn't Europe.

Find me a president and congressmen senators and governors to repeal the NFA and Hughes Amendment they've got my vote.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:49 PM

5,751 posts, read 2,755,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
I think our forefathers are rolling over in their graves because we have taken advantage of what their intent was by this amendment.
Not only that, but the framers assumed there would be revisions to the constitution. Jefferson wrote:

we should “provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods.” “[E]ach generation” should have the “solemn opportunity” to update the constitution “every nineteen or twenty years,” thus allowing it to “be handed on, with periodical repairs, from generation to generation, to the end of time.”

Instead we have people with a slavish devotion to a document the writers presumed would need constant updating, not adhered to unchanged for over 200 years. They were smarter than that.

Old 10-04-2017, 11:57 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,459,918 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
Not only that, but the framers assumed there would be revisions to the constitution. Jefferson wrote:

we should “provide in our constitution for its revision at stated periods.” “[E]ach generation” should have the “solemn opportunity” to update the constitution “every nineteen or twenty years,” thus allowing it to “be handed on, with periodical repairs, from generation to generation, to the end of time.”

Instead we have people with a slavish devotion to a document the writers presumed would need constant updating, not adhered to unchanged for over 200 years. They were smarter than that.
Slavish devotion would be for that amendment revised to give up any further 2nd ammendment rights.

When the first fails the 2nd prevails.

You may be okay with trading liberty for comfort, myself and many more Americans are not.

Remember. "Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin.

That's what revising the 2nd leads to. So beings theres a 19 or 20 year window for repair. I say time to scrap the NFA.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:09 AM

513 posts, read 577,459 times
Oh boy now I've heard it all. So now firearms are equivalent to products that are removed from the marketplace because they're faulty? Am I to understand it that you're telling me Stephen Paddock went on a rampage because his firearms were faulty? Just when I thought hoplophobes couldn't get any kookier, you prove me wrong. I'm not a Republican, but thank God level-headed Republicans are in control of Congress at a time like this. If hoplophobic Democrats were in control, they'd ram through some knee-jerk reactionary legislation that would cost all of us at least some if not all of our liberty forever.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:11 AM

513 posts, read 577,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
The Second Amendment doesn't grant us the right to bear arms any more than the First grants us freedom of the press. It expressly prohibits the federal government from infringing on it, as our rights are God-given.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies