Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 11:52 AM

23,795 posts, read 13,245,863 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
With the hurricanes and the negative news over Trump going to or not going to Puerto Rico and what he said or didn't say or should have said debates among the talking news heads and now we have this terrible shooting in Vegas I have to ask what happened to North Korea?

The last we heard Kim Jong was threatening the world with nuclear war and Trump was promising swift retaliation of NK did attack any of or allies.
What happened?
Did Kim Jong test his hydrogen bomb or did he get burped and put back down for his nap?

I think it goes to show how easily we are all distracted and lead by the media.
This is how he's been handled for years. Low key -- background.

If you engage him in fights, twitter wars and insults, things escalate. That's what makes Trump so dangerous.

Stop making this about the media.

There is only one person who literally feeds off of media attention and he is sitting in the Oval Office.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 11:56 AM

45,676 posts, read 23,984,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Say what? There were detonating nukes and shooting missiles over Japan but noooooo....it was Trumps tweets that made it newsworthy? LMAO....
You are further supporting my view -- yes of course -- North Korea was first to make it newsworthy lobbing missiles but to suggest the media made it a bigger deal is crazy.

Old 10-05-2017, 11:59 AM

9,837 posts, read 4,630,448 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
With the hurricanes and the negative news over Trump going to or not going to Puerto Rico and what he said or didn't say or should have said debates among the talking news heads and now we have this terrible shooting in Vegas I have to ask what happened to North Korea?

The last we heard Kim Jong was threatening the world with nuclear war and Trump was promising swift retaliation of NK did attack any of or allies.
What happened?
Did Kim Jong test his hydrogen bomb or did he get burped and put back down for his nap?

I think it goes to show how easily we are all distracted and lead by the media.
i think it shows us how good Trump is at playing the distraction game and how bad the Media (including all soures) is at staying focused on the real issues.

NK was always just trump trying to distract from the real stories.

1 Russia , putin and team trump's involvment
2 Trump's financial ties to PUTIN.
3 Trumps family ties to Russian money
4 Trump's family's choice to use private email..
5 Trump's failure to pass any major legislative bill since Jan 20th. so far not one big bill has passed.
6 Trumps terrible cabinet choices, that expose his complete ignorance and his awful and amatuar hiring skills.
7 Trump's failure to build his wall, his failure to either repeal or replace.
(i could go all day but i am bored already)

Trump creates issues like North Korea, take a Knee, Fight with PR, Hillary, Crowd Size and a never ending stream of bull, because he is the worse POTUS in modern history and he has absolutely no idea what he is doing.

Old 10-05-2017, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Rex Tillerson has been too busy kissing the Dotard's butt and trying to save his job and reputation to spend any time on NK! Thus we have crickets.
Trump may well be in his dotage but he retains his manipulation skills. His fight with Tillerson is to lay the blame for NK on Tillerson. Trump amped up NK, and needs someone to blame....

Old 10-05-2017, 12:24 PM

24,446 posts, read 17,191,355 times
SO what I'm hearing is that Trump is the greatest Ring Master of them all. He can balance many things while keeping the show going. Finally we have something good to say about Trump.
He is amazing in how he has everyone talking and taking notice of the world around them even if it is not always good stuff.

It is funny how with the Dems in charge we are content to sit in the back of the bus even if we were heading for a cliff while with the Reps in power and Trump in particular we have woken from our stupor to find ourselves on a swerving drunken path. When the Dems take over again no doubt they will have us back on course towards the cliff.
I guess our crazy drunken Uncle Trump is now taking us on the scenic diversion route.?

Old 10-05-2017, 12:26 PM

1,816 posts, read 1,149,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump may well be in his dotage but he retains his manipulation skills. His fight with Tillerson is to lay the blame for NK on Tillerson. Trump amped up NK, and needs someone to blame....
Wrong, this guy couldn't strategize a one car parade. This was nothing more than this thin skinned narcissist throwing a temper tantrum over Tillerson calling him what he is, a Moron!

Old 10-05-2017, 01:21 PM

4,921 posts, read 7,685,199 times
The news is nothing more than a distributor of propaganda directed by the elitists who run the country. Their actions are much like that of a magician who redirects the audience's attention while hiding the trick.

Notice how the news media has gone overboard to tell us that Tillerson did not call Trump a moron. When the phrase "Trump is not a moron" is repeated over and over again after a little time passes what is remembered in most people's mind is "Trump moron".

Up to this year PBS televised the news from Germany, DW news, and Japan, NHK news. I enjoyed watching both shows and then watching the American news. At times I thought I was hearing stories from two different dimensions much like something you might heard on the Twilight Zone. This year PBS pulled the plug on DW and NHK leaving up with the propaganda from American news sources.

Old 10-05-2017, 01:59 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,184 times
I have to laugh whenever The Story changes at the MSM, I come to this forum and suddenly the first page is completely different! Imagine that! Obedient monkeys one and all.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
Wrong, this guy couldn't strategize a one car parade. This was nothing more than this thin skinned narcissist throwing a temper tantrum over Tillerson calling him what he is, a Moron!
you could be completely correct, but the effect is the same.

Old 10-05-2017, 02:11 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,326,067 times
Trump started talking about black athletes and every other issue immediately went away.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies