Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 PM

12,638 posts, read 8,956,097 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
Good job Governor Brown. The sanctuary state law is a good one.

California's law only gives sanctuary to well-behaved, productive immigrants. Anyone convicted or suspected of a long list of felonies will be turned over to ICE.

Keep the good ones, deport the bad guys. It's common sense. It's such a good law police chiefs supported it.
Ask the Steinle family how smart it is. California is filled with idiots who elect idiots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2017, 07:34 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnUnidentifiedMale View Post
I don't understand the rationale behind this at all, or at the very least, I strongly disagree with whatever rationale is behind it.
The rational is simple. Illegals along with their anchor babies and grandbabies make up a substantial portion of the population in CA. The anchor babies grow up and vote. Many people in CA are adult children of illegals and are U.S. citizens and vote.
Without these people some cities would go bankrupt as their revenue from sales taxes especially would decrease significantly. Schools would have to close due to lack of enrollment. It's a very slippery slope and one CA can not get out of now. They are dependent on illegals and their relatives to keep the economy floating.
CA has 14 million Hispanics, the vast majority from Mexico and Central America. Many are illegal or descendants of illegals. Not all of course but the majority are.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:38 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,598,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
I predict the population of CA will go up with all the illegals that will come over from Texas .

It's amazing that the governor would sign a bill to reduce the power of law enforcement .

---
These are uncertain times for undocumented Californians and their families, and this bill strikes a balance that will protect public safety, while bringing a measure of comfort to those families who are now living in fear every day,” Brown said in statement.

California becomes ‘sanctuary state’ as governor signs bill – Daily News

Actually it kind of isnt since they have their law stand down at protests(example Berkeley) and such anyhow.
California has been a good example of how to think and go backwards for a while now. This really isnt surprising.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:54 PM

17,343 posts, read 11,285,635 times
California's philosophy for obvious political and financial reasons which I stated is to protect as many illegals as possible. Local law enforcement gets their paychecks from local government and state government. No one expects them to do anything except do what they are told to do if they want to keep their jobs. The police chief for the City of Los Angeles is one of the biggest pro illegal alien law enforcement officers in the country. He answers to the mayor who couldn't be more pro illegal alien if he tried.
I don't think Berkeley or most other large cities are much different.

Old 10-05-2017, 07:56 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Ask the Steinle family how smart it is. California is filled with idiots who elect idiots.
Wrong. Did you read my post? Did you read California's sanctuary law? Under the sanctuary law just signed, any undoc alien with felony priors is NOT granted sanctuary and is handed over to ICE.

Of course the conservative fake news media will skip over that part. They'll lie and falsely claim that California gives sanctuary to criminals. It doesn't. Sanctuary is only granted to those on good behavior.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Wrong. Did you read my post? Did you read California's sanctuary law? Under the sanctuary law just signed, any undoc alien with felony priors is NOT granted sanctuary and is handed over to ICE.

Of course the conservative fake news media will skip over that part. They'll lie and falsely claim that California gives sanctuary to criminals. It doesn't. Sanctuary is only granted to those on good behavior.
OH really. Tell me, what legislation has been passed by the idiot Democrats in California to make sure another murder like Kate Steinle doesn't happen again. This bill certainly doesn't do anything to prevent the same thing from happening again and again and again. If you live in California, why are you happy that the idiot Democrats you elect aren't doing a thing about violent felons who are illegal?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:09 PM

10,513 posts, read 5,167,683 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
OH really. Tell me, what legislation has been passed by the idiot Democrats in California to make sure another murder like Kate Steinle doesn't happen again. This bill certainly doesn't do anything to prevent the same thing from happening again and again and again. If you live in California, why are you happy that the idiot Democrats you elect aren't doing a thing about violent felons who are illegal?
The legislation just signed into law does exactly what I said.

Sanctuary is ONLY given to undocumenteds who have no prior felonies and are not accused of one.

The new law does NOT provide sanctuary to criminals. Period. That's why police chiefs support the law.

Comprende, amigo?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:09 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,463,616 times
Quote:

Which crimes are allowed? I'd like to see the list.

They are people that already snuck into the country illegally...Why should there be any tolerance for any crime from them?

Old 10-05-2017, 08:12 PM

Quote:

Sanctuary is ONLY given to undocumenteds who have no prior felonies and are not accused of one.

The new law does NOT provide sanctuary to criminals. Period. That's why police chiefs support the law.

Comprende, amigo?
Oh, so the new law means that California will cooperate with the Trump administration?

It does not. Exactly the opposite. There will be more blood on the hands of California Democrats as a result of this bill. When it happens, I wonder if idiot Democrats in CA will own it. I suspect not.

Old 10-05-2017, 08:16 PM

41,813 posts, read 51,059,937 times
Quote:

Comprende, amigo?
Time to make illegal entry a felony. If I understand correctly once deported it becomes a felony.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies