Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 09:08 AM

934 posts, read 402,535 times

Advertisements

It is rather sad - just think about how many young and probably talented women didn't get their chance because they didn't want to touch that repulsive halfton of lard with a ten foot pole. And how many did bcs they wanted a career so badly. Anyway, in all that mess I sympathize with all victims, but admire only the young model Gutierrez who did have both brains and courage, not just to go to the police, but to meet the pukestein for the second time so that she can tape and really expose his modus operandi. I think she wasn't given enough credit. Now with that tape out, no one can say McGowan&co are lying.

It is also sad that many of the forum members now do nothing but use this for their partisan political bickering, while sexual abuse is going on everywhere. You are not solving the problem, actually you aren't even addressing it properly, if you keep on with your competition in who is a lesser molester.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 09:19 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post

Besides, he was trying to be a Democrat back then when he was younger.

He's recovered from that horrible affliction now.
He donated to Hillary's campaign back in 2008! Its not that long ago.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:26 AM

3,324 posts, read 2,136,040 times
I'm not particularly interested in the political element but I am interested in the lack of consistency of all sides in sufficiently condemning bad behavior whenever and wherever it's observed.

People who use power as a tool with which to coerce sexual favors are repugnant. People who offer sexual favors as a substitute for merit are repugnant, and those who accept such favors in place of merit are repugnant. This is the plain and simple truth of the matter.

I've seen both sides of the coin and I've been propositioned by both those in power and those who wanted my favor as a man. The results have been that I've dropped accounts, quit one job in the past, and either didn't hire or promptly terminated employees. And I'm honest enough to admit that prior to marrying my wife there was one instance where I almost violated my conscience in favor of indulging an extraordinarily beautiful woman whom I had known since childhood. Fortunately I decided that the prospect of "nailing" an 11-out-of-10 wasn't worth jeopardizing either my first mid-level management position or my relationship with my proverbial soulmate.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
So sad to see fools politicizing this issue. It's not a liberal or conservative issue. It's a male entitlement mentality issue, period end of story. If it was in fact true that permission for sexual advances was written into his contract, litigation will be relentless. Shame on the media and Hollywood for covering this up. Bravo to the women who have come forth. I don't want to hear any more lectures from Hollywood about women's rights. You allow assault, rape, you are liars and manipulators. I hope Hollywood is fully exposed.
Hollywood is a business, like any other business. This kind of behavior, unfortunately, goes on everywhere. Many women attempting to climb the corporate ladder have encountered it as well. As women, you and I both know it. I hope the women in show business and in every other field do continue to speak up. It takes a lot of courage to confront entrenched power, especially when it could cost you your livelihood.

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolac View Post
How shallow this stupid thread is. Clearly OP, you have no idea what happened to those women, the intimidation, pressure and stress they must have felt. No one really has any idea all that they went through to simply follow their dreams of success. There is not a women on this thread that should be celebrating the stupidity of this thread. Where are you? Why are you not posting here about the real issue? We should be shaking our heads at how mindless it is and we are.
Good post, and I agree. The problem is there have been numerous threads here tying Weinstein's behavior to liberals as if one equals the other. The OP is attempting to show that is not true. As you say, it's not a left/right issue, it's a male entitlement/cultural issue.

Trump is as much a part of the problem as Harvey Weinstein. To deny that is to deny the core issue.

Old 10-14-2017, 09:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,520,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
Bill clinton is a rapist. See how east it is?
You think it's east but I think it's west.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
two old rich fat men of the same era- this IS they way it was
Absolutely. Hell, I experienced it in Corporate America - back in the day when men still got away with it.
It's a bit harder now at least in CA.

Quote:
Originally Posted by switchtoecig View Post
It is rather sad - just think about how many young and probably talented women didn't get their chance because they didn't want to touch that repulsive halfton of lard with a ten foot pole. And how many did bcs they wanted a career so badly. Anyway, in all that mess I sympathize with all victims, but admire only the young model Gutierrez who did have both brains and courage, not just to go to the police, but to meet the pukestein for the second time so that she can tape and really expose his modus operandi. I think she wasn't given enough credit. Now with that tape out, no one can say McGowan&co are lying.

It is also sad that many of the forum members now do nothing but use this for their partisan political bickering, while sexual abuse is going on everywhere. You are not solving the problem, actually you aren't even addressing it properly, if you keep on with your competition in who is a lesser molester.
You know, I didn't even know her name until I saw them play the tape on the news this morning. She deserves much more admiration than what she is getting. All I could think of was how brave she actually was to go in for more of the same. SHE should be all over the news getting kudos.

And I agree - this is not a political issue. It's a sexual abuse issue.

How many women do you know that haven't been a victim of some type of sexual abuse, inappropriate touching, etc.

Most of us have experienced it at some point in our lives and we didn't give a cluck if the man was a democrat or republican!@

Old 10-14-2017, 09:32 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,276,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Maybe they cohost a Passover dinner?
Maybe they blow a shofar together (wink, wink, nudge, nudge).

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Shofar

Old 10-14-2017, 09:46 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,607,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
Several dems he donated to have already started they will give the money to charity. No one wants to be associated with that.
Why?

They should keep it. The money didn't do anything wrong, and as long as it doesn't influence them to intercede on his behalf....

If they didn't know when he gave it to them, I see no reason why they should give it away.

I won't criticize a single Democrat who keeps that money.

Old 10-14-2017, 10:08 AM

18,010 posts, read 27,456,617 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Yeah. About his newborn son having heart surgery.

What a loser.
Agreed. What kind of a twisted perverted Manshow sellout Hollywood loser would parade his son out on TV for anti-Trump politics? Jimmy Kimmel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Jimmy Kimmel didn't "parade his son on TV," he illustrated his son's condition to educate his audience on some very real consequences to policy being put forth by the current administration. But no one is surprised that you can't see the difference.
Yes he did.

And then he went, Waa! Not my Pwesident Waa!

Last edited by McGowdog; 10-14-2017 at 10:24 AM..

Old 10-14-2017, 10:13 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Agreed. What kind of a twisted perverted Manshow sellout Hollywood loser would parade his son out on TV for anti-Trump politics? Jimmy Kimmel.
Jimmy Kimmel didn't "parade his son on TV," he illustrated his son's condition to educate his audience on some very real consequences to policy being put forth by the current administration. But no one is surprised that you can't see the difference.

Old 10-14-2017, 11:08 AM

8,497 posts, read 4,558,569 times
Imagine that. A man with great wealth and in a position of power abusing young women. Goes years without it hurting him as he threatens lawsuits. It could be either Weinstein or Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies