Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-04-2017, 06:11 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times

Advertisements

How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People?.. is what it takes to "Fix America" ?

Maybe our schools system should not be obsessed with "money making only educational programming of STEM" driven to only focus on training people for business and profit as a single objective of educations and ignoring the civic and civility that is necessary within society.

AND.... invest more into CIVICS, SOCIOLOGY, PSYCHOLOGY, AND CULTURAL LEARNING. We may well need to go back to the old concept of "having " Social development cultural programs in schools, Band Class, 4H clubs (What is the 4-H Pledge? I pledge my HEAD to clearer thinking, my HEART to greater loyalty, my HANDS to larger service, and my HEALTH to better living, for my club, my community, my country, and my world). Student Activities...
As to young adults, I've posted it multiple times, because we as a society need a major civic related organization. As we no longer have the "type of military organizational grooming this nation once had", it was "abused by war profiteering madness) Therefore, I propose a "A Civic Corp"... and we need to stop crying about money, and fund it as a Federal Program that Serves America, and within it skill development, civic pride related programming, civil humane ethical programming.

By all means, we need to educate people on "Relationships", in how to understand and working with building one, maintaining one and managing their emotional self. We've flat out ignored this, and rely on the hormonal urges and the facial and body image and over time, it has proven not to be working. Age changes all that and as it changes, people fade away from each other, develop contempt, lusting takes on so many frames, and then people are chasing the imagery of their youth, and fighting against the nature of life and times natural changes to what we look like, what our body shape is, and it too changes our hormonal drives.

Yet, in all the knowledge in the world, we still don't think its important to deal with educational training about what is a relationship. Men and Women - Marry, and instead of understanding it is a legal contract, and "KNOWING" it does not give either one "ownership" of the others. It is a agreement to work as a team, a pair and a unit. Therefore, people have to learn how not to impose "expectations upon each other, as a required duty, of which they themselves may need to focus on their role in self responsibility, as a first option, and learn how not to try to beat each other into submission by all
sorts of tactical means and methods. Often people don't learn this until after a broken relations makes them review and face up to themselves and their conduct.

Human Relations requires everything it took to build it, that is what it takes to maintain it. which is respect of the others individualism, the respect of the other as a person, and to get over this sense of "obligation as if the other is responsible for the other, people have to learn to maintain individual responsibility for and of themselves, and realize, Marriage is an agreement to share, and at all time and in all things, human nature has levels of selfishness, but if one is self responsible, instead of "relying solely or predominantly on the other", there is a problem already brewing. Everyone finds out ... "Relationships is Work"... it has not changed in the history of human beings. Maybe, just Maybe... there needs to be "education that teaches people the destructive power that "EXPECTATIONS" can and will have in relationships... Therefore, Teach people to "Respect" BEFORE they attach/impose "Expect" upon each other.

Often we claim to understand that, but ignore it when we are within "interactive relations"... We assume a relationship or a marriage, is suppose to have the other "as if they owe us something"... When the point is to share and care, the more one shares, the more they care, the more they care the more they share... and it takes "communication" for that cycle to work.
It's the hardest work any individual will ever encounter within the reality of human relations.

How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People?.. is what it takes to "Fix America" ? It's not a game, its reality, there is no "instant replay". There is no "do over". We have to learn patience, self responsibility, tolerance, and work very hard to pursue, develop and invest in the works of learning how to "understand".
What we can't agree upon with each other, we might learn to respect that life has differences within others. Because one does not understand something today, does not mean they may never come to understand. If they are open to growth and change. Because life will invoke growth and produce change, whether one is willing or unwilling to do so, it is inevitable. Therefore.. the work of understanding and gaining it, is a life long process for "EVERYONE".

We learn more about ourselves 'everyday", why do we find it hard to respect the fact that others are also doing the same. and mistakes will be made. We want to be considered after mistakes, and we need to become willing to consider others after they make mistakes. No one is ever going to be perfect.... There is No Perfect Human Beings.

We Live, We Learn, We Grow, We Change, We Develop and We Continue Trying to Learn How to be better in being ourselves. The More we learn to forgive ourselves, the better equipped we are to learn to forgive others, when they make a choice that does not work out the best, or we make a choice that does not work out the best.
To keep going, we need the "understanding from and of each other". without compassion, we will fail to get, give or gain that understanding.

Old 10-04-2017, 09:51 AM

5,472 posts, read 3,227,705 times
Caring behaviors certainly make us feel good and are extremely important to a marriage and committed relationship.

There is something to learn everyday!!! sometimes we block out what we can learn by clinging to anguish and allowing ourselves to be over come with anger.

We might want to ask ourselves, "why do we hold on to envy", and "what benefit do we gain from resentment", and why do we dislike learning from each others to the point we will become enraged with contempt, even within the sharing of information?

So many claim they want a better world, and overlook the fact that "we as individuals make up a component of what society is, and what it becomes".

Do we even return a greeting ? how often do we think of simple no cost kindness? and what is the overall benefit of always being in such a hurry, not only do we not smell the flowers, we get so consumed, we often don't even see the flowers.

When we were young, we'd even pay attention to the shapes of the clouds, and yet today, so many walk around and never take the time to look up, at the many shapes the clouds display that we have opportunity to acknowledge.

Yet, only when some of the natural gifts are lost, do we come to recognize the grace and beauty of being able to see, to hear, to smell, and to walk about, or interact with others.

It's insane today, how material measure and the incessant quest for monetary pursuits become the driving force, even when we can afford to maintain our basics, we will neglect and disregard each others, even in some cases when people have millions of dollars in the bank...
We tale education not for the sake of its information dispensing, it now is used like a status tool, until it breed not only an anti-social climate, but many other things that benefit no one. Status and Title, Pomp and Pageantry, and all such things, come to be of far less meaning as age moves us beyond the importance we've made it.

The question continues... How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People?.. is what it takes to "Fix America" ?

Are we willing, or do we just blame the rest of the world as if we are exempt?

We see the mess in Las Vegas, We see the ravages of the weather on whole states, and territories, and yet we can't come to consensus as to how to make better our society? We go into the spin of remorse for a few days, and then the media spins another event, and we become distanced from the tragedy and what it takes to improve and make better the things we claim so much emotional compassion about only a week ago... Then it gets covered over by the next situation where its given center focus, and suddenly fades from the conscience subject within society.

At some point we have to realize, as a nation of people, we have problems, and many are generated by the conduct of people.... "how do we address it, and are we prepared for the long term changes that will need to be undertaken?"

There is no microwave quick fix, it requires changes... and new understandings. Instead of everyone walking around "talking about "my freedom"... why not think in terms of "my responsibilities" to be a good civic and civil person, and embrace the regard to promote good will within humanity? Sometimes, it make take nothing more than a smile, or a hello, or a considerate thought.

We know absolutely nothing, beyond what is within and of the world .... and it gives us the means to build and create anything we can think to imagine and work to develop. What more are we expecting?
and how much are we "disrespecting". Often times our disrespect exceeds our respect, and then we start expecting, when we have failed even within ourselves to respect ourselves.
The first thing we need to know, is "that freedom we all talk about" is not free....
It is a product of Responsibility, that one gains the freedom of accessibility.

Love only comes easy when one is "Loving" in what they do, how they give, how they share, how they appreciate and within how they relate. It takes "work"!!! Those who get anguished because its not everyday easy, is expecting, without respecting... and often they disrespect themselves in doing so... then they climb up, and become "obstinate"....
such is the madness of what "selfishness" can and will do, in its cycle of destroying relationships, as well as the individuals within them.

How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People?.. is what it takes to "Fix America" ?

God gave us everything, including our lives... and we expect so much, until we rebuke at the work it takes for us to live and love.

We should want to know.... How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People? and then we might learn even better how to appreciate and respect even ourselves, and find how much easier it makes it to be considerate of and for the lives of others.

A good questions that can help us all be better people, is to ask: " How am I, today" "How are you to family and friends?" How's my family? How's my relationship" How's my mate? What did I do that was nice for and unto myself today? what did I do that was nice for and to someone else today?

We have to start someplace... its best to start with "self".... so we are working to be whom we say we are, and whom we want people to know us as being whom we are....

The question continues... How do we "Fix" Ourselves as People?.. is what it takes to "Fix America" ? (This is a: Controversy)

Old 10-07-2017, 08:07 AM

21,020 posts, read 19,397,063 times
Would be nice if you were on your city's City Council.
I bet you write Editorials for the paper...or you should.
I would be curious what your profession is...I could pick one for you...hahaha..
professor, teacher, counselor, motivational speaker, speaker at churches.
I don't personally see this as controversial...just wise advice and direction.

Old 10-07-2017, 01:20 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Great post C&C. Sadly I think as a people it will take a lot of work to get us out of our caves though. I don't think we have evolved far enough yet.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies