Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 06:01 PM

206 posts, read 90,931 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
To my dismay, people had no problem electing Bush for a second term..... Just saying. John Kerry wasn't exactly igniting people to go the polls either, because he too look like a war monger.
Kerry was against the war in 2004, that election was my first time voting. Kerry advocated essentially a "cut and run" that we abandon the Iraq war without a fight; that is why he lost the election. Most Americans supported the Iraq war until 2007 when it became clear that the war was being mishandled, before that the war had overwhelming support with the American people.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 06:09 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,038,191 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, anyone with a brain can see the dems went too far left. I mean that with no disrespect. I've been beating the drum that they need to get back to the center more and focus on core things like jobs, economy, improving healthcare and border security. Stuff that most day to day people can meet in the middle on.
^Yes! All of the crap the democrats are worried about right now, will not help me pay the mortgage and put food on my table.

Sadly, that huge budget plan that Trump signed off on for the military, is putting food on my table. I work of a communications/defense contractor, and we just got a big contract with the government and with other subcontractors.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:14 PM

4,437 posts, read 7,673,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CH86 View Post
Kerry was against the war in 2004, that election was my first time voting. Kerry advocated essentially a "cut and run" that we abandon the Iraq war; that is why he lost the election. Most Americans supported the Iraq war until 2007 when it became clear that the war was being mishandled, before that the war had overwhelming support with the American people.
Kerry almost won! Very hard, even with an unpopular war, to beat a wartime incumbent! (Ask George McGovern!). Kerry lost by only two points. Much of the time, candidates lose to incumbents by much more than that, especially wartime....!

Karl Rove also went into Black churches, in such swing spots as Ohio, and brought the message of Bush being "a man of God," while characterizing Kerry the exact opposite! Bush got a two percent increase in the Black vote. I don't even know if Eisenhower ever got a two percent black uptick for a GOP incumbent in '56! Folk then saw New Orleans flood, and realized, "Oops, we voted for the wrong one!"

Old 10-08-2017, 06:27 PM

34,053 posts, read 17,064,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
Yeah, anyone with a brain can see the dems went too far left. I mean that with no disrespect. I've been beating the drum that they need to get back to the center more and focus on core things like jobs, economy, improving healthcare and border security. Stuff that most day to day people can meet in the middle on.
DNC can't see the middle from the leftmost edge they are on.

Bill Clinton won : "It's the economy, stupid".

HRC lost: "IT's the Transgenders, stupid" was her M.O.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CH86 View Post
Kerry was against the war in 2004, that election was my first time voting. Kerry advocated essentially a "cut and run" that we abandon the Iraq war without a fight; that is why he lost the election. Most Americans supported the Iraq war until 2007 when it became clear that the war was being mishandled, before that the war had overwhelming support with the American people.

Old 10-08-2017, 08:43 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,455,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
If he endorses single payer health care, and signs it, he would get re-elected.
So he would have to be a communist and then you would support him.
Not at all. If he was a Bernie Bro that would be good enough.

Just single-payer health care like Israel has, but not the whole kibbutz.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:10 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,524,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Evangelicals have never been more transparent than after electing Trump. They continuously attacked Obama and his family but madly support Trump with his record of cheating, three families, multiple marriages, grabbing women without their permission, calling STDs his personal Vietnam, etc. All because of their own dislike of LGBT. But Trump also promised LGBT that he would do them no harm. That has not been the case. He has made LGBT a continual target. LGBT vote and so do their families and friends. So while he already had the evangelicals, he has lost the LGBT community. And LGBT tend to be affluent as are the tech and other companies that support them.
I just saw an evangelical Republican on Morning Joe who was concerned about what Trump has done to the entire evangelical movement - as IN - making them all look like hypocrites.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
This is what it's all about. The evangelicals would rather the country be destroyed in a nuclear holocaust than continue to be a place where LGBT people are treated like humans.
Bingo. I think you are correct.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
LGBT didn't get their way last November. Shazam!
You have shown us how happy evangelicals are that LGBT may now be discriminated against. Something we have seen all along - but it is nice for you to confirm it for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I could see this. They became too far to the left, that it alienated alot of people.
Too far left? Ya'll currently have Nazi's saluting in your president's name.

Old 10-09-2017, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
I
You have shown us how happy evangelicals are that LGBT may now be discriminated against. Something we have seen all along - but it is nice for you to confirm it for us.

Wrong. now they simply get the same treatment all citizens get w/o special treatment. I am happy that is the case.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies