Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 02:24 PM

7,800 posts, read 10,101,805 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
BINGO. This populist trend will last several election cycles.
And then what? The Republicans will have alienated anyone who isn't an old White person or a billionaire. What happens when the old farts go off to meet Jesus? How are you going to win elections then?

Your riding the wave right now but mark my words, sometime within the next 10-15 years that wave is gonna be gone permanently.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 02:34 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoOnMyMind View Post
Trade policy and immigration reform. Also, the anti politician movement isn't going anywhere so if the Dems run a politician good luck
This is why people like Mark Cuban are considering running. He has at least as much money as Trump, younger, better looking, less family baggage, smaller ego and far far far less childish. Most anyone that runs will be viewed as less childish than Trump - including an actual child.

I can't think of a specific policy that would get Trump re-elected - maybe he'll try the immigration thing. Again. He has probably lost the LGBT community - he promised he would do nothing to harm then but has been after them ever since.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,638,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
And then what? The Republicans will have alienated anyone who isn't an old White person or a billionaire. What happens when the old farts go off to meet Jesus? How are you going to win elections then?

Your riding the wave right now but mark my words, sometime within the next 10-15 years that wave is gonna be gone permanently.
You seem to think that a vacuum will be created and nothing to fill it. A one party government is a dictatorship.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:44 PM

17,441 posts, read 9,259,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
This is why people like Mark Cuban are considering running. He has at least as much money as Trump, younger, better looking, less family baggage, smaller ego and far far far less childish. Most anyone that runs will be viewed as less childish than Trump - including an actual child.

I can't think of a specific policy that would get Trump re-elected - maybe he'll try the immigration thing. Again. He has probably lost the LGBT community - he promised he would do nothing to harm then but has been after them ever since.
You didn't there was any way Donald Trump would win in 2016 either.
It might be a good idea to figure out 2016 before all this speculation about 2020. Just a thought.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,701,211 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
You didn't there was any way Donald Trump would win in 2016 either.
It might be a good idea to figure out 2016 before all this speculation about 2020. Just a thought.
He won with only 70,000 votes in three states. He lost the majority vote. He is a minority elected president that is in office only because he managed to thread the needle. We are learning daily how much entities like Facebook and Russia helped to target a specific angry electorate in certain counties. And certain groups that gave him a chance in the last election such as LGBT will not be fooled again. What's more there were Hispanics that voted for Trump last time that will be unlikely to do so again. I would never say he has no chance but I would say he has less chance. Has he ever polled above 50% in his entire time in office? Ever? I think the last poll had him at 32% which is a new low.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:52 PM

37,794 posts, read 40,990,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Correct thread?
Yes. It will become a major health issue and he will handle it.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:12 PM

52,194 posts, read 52,629,348 times
If Trump has any measure of success in getting some of the items he campaigned on done AND if the dems don't get their crap straightened out, which they haven't, they appear to be doubling down on the wrong issues then Trump has no problem winning a second term.

If Trump drags us into a war with NK, then really not sure how this nightmare will play out.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:29 PM

34,001 posts, read 17,030,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WIHS2006 View Post
Those old farts kids will replace their votes, plus the middle class-all demographics-historically tends to vote with GOP more and more, as they enter the mature adult decades.

Your true concern is your party is in shambles. We both know of the 1,100 statewide and DC seats they lost the last 8 years. It saddens me deeply the problems the DNC has had-NOT...LOL!!

Old 10-08-2017, 03:34 PM

206 posts, read 90,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
If Trump has any measure of success in getting some of the items he campaigned on done AND if the dems don't get their crap straightened out, which they haven't, they appear to be doubling down on the wrong issues then Trump has no problem winning a second term.

If Trump drags us into a war with NK, then really not sure how this nightmare will play out.
Trumps only chance at being reelected is by being a successful wartime president. A peacetime Trump has no chance in 2020.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:34 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,509,862 times
I'm not sure of any one particular policy but in my mind, 'it's the economy Stupid".

IF the economy is good, middle class wages go UP and their taxes go DOWN ~ I could see him winning reelection that way.

The evangelicals will vote him in again no matter what as long as he continues to make life harder for gays, transgenders, and women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies