Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 02:19 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,841,834 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am really concerned that none or few of us will be here in 2020. Trump seems to be giving more and more evidence that he is going to pre-emptively attack North Korea with nuclear weapons. Out of everything I was afraid of if Trump got elected, this takes the cake. Anything else Trump could do can be undone in the future. This can not and it could be the end of us all.

Trump could launch a few warheads at NK. In retaliation, NK takes out Seoul, Tokyo, and Guam. They try to reach Hawaii but the missile doesn't make it. China then unleashes its arsenal on the US in defense of NK. The US unleashes its arsenal on China. Most of the human population is wiped out within a year and we begin to enter a nuclear winter.

Trump's base i.e. evangelicals aren't worried because this isn't how they believe the "end times" narrative is supposed to play out or they simply haven't considered what the aftermath of a nuclear war would look like. I however am starting to get pretty terrified.
scared much? if your shadow popped up when you didnt expect it to, do you jump? trump cannot just launch nuclear weapons just because he gets a bug up his backside, in fact i believe he is much smarter than that.

also i dont believe that trump will start a war with NK, more likely retaliate when necessary.

i think your fears are irrational at best, and i think you need to step back and start thinking again instead of panicking.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-08-2017, 02:23 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Are you scared of nuclear war?

What would be the point in living in fear of something you have absolutely no control over? I have never understood this mindset.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:36 PM

1,296 posts, read 1,219,548 times
Trump supporters would love for NK to bomb the West Coast because they feel that people who live in those blue states aren’t real Americans anyhow, so it would be no loss to them.

Old 10-08-2017, 02:55 PM

4,139 posts, read 4,528,885 times
Anyone not afraid of nuclear war is an imbecile. Regardless of where a nuclear explosion takes place it will have a devastating effect on the environment the the foreseeable future. There is never an appropriate time for nuclear weapons.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:02 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuit_head View Post
Trump supporters would love for NK to bomb the West Coast because they feel that people who live in those blue states aren’t real Americans anyhow, so it would be no loss to them.
True. I know it will happen one day. A world wide nuke war will end most life on the planet and at least stop warming for 4 years.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:05 PM

10,456 posts, read 4,040,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bawac34618 View Post
I am really concerned that none or few of us will be here in 2020. Trump seems to be giving more and more evidence that he is going to pre-emptively attack North Korea with nuclear weapons. Out of everything I was afraid of if Trump got elected, this takes the cake. Anything else Trump could do can be undone in the future. This can not and it could be the end of us all.

Trump could launch a few warheads at NK. In retaliation, NK takes out Seoul, Tokyo, and Guam. They try to reach Hawaii but the missile doesn't make it. China then unleashes its arsenal on the US in defense of NK. The US unleashes its arsenal on China. Most of the human population is wiped out within a year and we begin to enter a nuclear winter.

Trump's base i.e. evangelicals aren't worried because this isn't how they believe the "end times" narrative is supposed to play out or they simply haven't considered what the aftermath of a nuclear war would look like. I however am starting to get pretty terrified.
No. I have faith in a higher power, so I believe if it's that time for me to go, then it's that time for me to go. Because in the end, we all die anyways.

Old 10-08-2017, 03:07 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times
Not afraid of nuclear war or meteor strike since there is nothing I could do about it

Old 10-08-2017, 03:09 PM

16,759 posts, read 8,214,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
No.

I don't buy into the fearmongering by the left.
POTUS the fear monger in chief will never do anything but tweet to keep his base on edge.

The non-morons in Gov't. will not allow a nuclear war to start.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:16 PM

30,432 posts, read 21,255,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Not afraid of nuclear war or meteor strike since there is nothing I could do about it
The meteor can be stopped, but not nuke war.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:52 PM

8,104 posts, read 3,960,029 times
So much for the lies

Donald Trump’s anti-interventionist foreign policy causes a panic among the warmongers

Posted on 5/2/2016, 9:03:41 AM by HomerBohn

Donald Trump continues to make establishment heads explode.

The foreign policy prescription he laid out in a speech hosted by The National Interest magazine last week was more Ron Paulian than neocon, and for that it drew ridicule – like everything Trump does – from the Republican establishment, mainstream media talking heads and foreign policy “experts” whose policies, ideas and opinions have the world in flames and edging us closer and closer to all-out World War III.

Trump promised his foreign policy would be non-interventionist to a certain degree, with the idea that the U.S. could “live peacefully and in friendship
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies