Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-08-2017, 05:07 PM

210 posts, read 97,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I read the article in the NY Times and I guess I am not surprised. Considering the Show Time series Homeland had made internet farm trolls spreading misinformation a big story line last season. Which was shot well before the election. I guess the only difference between the two was that it was a political party operative/talking head US citizen running the farm.
That Homeland plot was crazy.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:05 PM

24,392 posts, read 23,044,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Russians...taking on Russians:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...d02_story.html

"How much the trolls affected the outcome of the U.S. election is unclear. But their omnipresence is evident on Twitter, where one recent study suggested that trolling by pro-Putin bots trolling dominates political talk about Russia, and in the comments section of publications like The Washington Post, where trolls can be found criticizing the premises, lambasting other posters and accusing one another of being trolls.
While the troll farm’s operations have stirred concerns about the reach of Kremlin propaganda across Europe and the United States, Savchuk and her cohorts are concerned about their own country.
“Every online forum, every comment section on every local site, everywhere I look, most of the commenters are trolls,” she said in an interview. “It’s like half the country is trolls.”"
>>>> Worrying about the Russians affecting elections is like calling an exterminator when you see an ant walking across the floor but ignoring the family of possums living in your kitchen cupboards. There was rampant pro Hillary and anti Trump content spewn across MSN, Google, Facebook, Yahoo, Youtube, and on TV leading up to the election but they want to blame the Russians for the actually REAL anti Hillary posts and information that independents and US citizens spent time promoting.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies