Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 10:02 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,467,330 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvmensch View Post
Hopefully English is not your primary language. The point made was that the finger trigger was no longer the trigger for the mechanism. Think about it. Maybe you can find someone to translate it into whatever language you are skilled in.
These were your words were they not Mr engineer?

So in fact the trigger is pulling the receiver assembly forward or the stock back. So actually the trigger is not the trigger...the front of the rifle is...

The trigger does not pull the receiver forward. Nor does it pull the stock back.

You clearly do not know how the implement works... just shake your head up and down and say yes, I do not know how the device works and no I did not look into how the device works. I am just thumping my chest in an attempt to show my disdain.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 10:45 AM

13,774 posts, read 5,508,083 times
Quote:
The intent is all hand guns and long guns which are gas or inertia operated.
That would be almost all semi-automatic weapons in existence.

Well, if you're going to dream, dream big.

Old 10-13-2017, 11:18 AM

18,058 posts, read 10,247,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
These were your words were they not Mr engineer?

So in fact the trigger is pulling the receiver assembly forward or the stock back. So actually the trigger is not the trigger...the front of the rifle is...

The trigger does not pull the receiver forward. Nor does it pull the stock back.

You clearly do not know how the implement works... just shake your head up and down and say yes, I do not know how the device works and no I did not look into how the device works. I am just thumping my chest in an attempt to show my disdain.
some folk are conceptually challenged. The trigger has two different definitions...the piece of mechanism upon which you place your finger to fire a weapon and the mechanism which initiates the firing sequence. I could for instance start the firing sequence with the push of a button. That button is not a mechanical trigger mechanism. But it is the trigger of the gun firing sequence.

With a bump stock the mechanical trigger is a step in the firing sequence but not the initiator. In fact the moving part of the gun presses the trigger against your finger. You do not have to squeeze.

Old 10-13-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
some folk are conceptually challenged.
Especially an engineer who has no concept of how the device works.

I'd explain to you how the device works, but I'm having too much fun watching you commit mental gymnastics trying to explain how the device works giving an irrelevant comparison to a button, switch, hall effect sensor.

For your sake, look at the fire control group in an AR rifle.
Then look at how the bump stock works.

Hint:The trigger does not cause the forward motion and you do need to squeeze or in technical terms-engage the trigger.

Old 10-13-2017, 02:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Especially an engineer who has no concept of how the device works.

I'd explain to you how the device works, but I'm having too much fun watching you commit mental gymnastics trying to explain how the device works giving an irrelevant comparison to a button, switch, hall effect sensor.

For your sake, look at the fire control group in an AR rifle.
Then look at how the bump stock works.

Hint:The trigger does not cause the forward motion and you do need to squeeze or in technical terms-engage the trigger.
Comprehension is difficult for some. So they resort to insults as you are doing.

But here...more for the people who can't follow this absurd discussion ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_fire

The caption on the animation...

With a bump fire stock, the trigger (red) is toggled by the stable trigger finger when the receiver moves forward, and is reset when the receiver moves back due to recoil.

Notice the stable trigger finger or is stable also not in your comprehension range?

Old 10-14-2017, 10:33 PM

Wonder where the refugee went?

Old 10-15-2017, 07:47 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,686,101 times
interesting. The cops can have it but you and I can't?

Police force equips all rifles with suppressors citing safety reasons

“Probably the best way to say it, beyond suppressors, is this is an OSHA-approved noise reduction device,

Mods, This might be in the wrong gun thread if so please move it for me.
Thnks

Old 10-15-2017, 11:48 AM

78,866 posts, read 46,395,966 times
Quote:
Hopefully English is not your primary language. The point made was that the finger trigger was no longer the trigger for the mechanism. Think about it. Maybe you can find someone to translate it into whatever language you are skilled in.

Yes it is. Your finger is inserted into the finger guard and actuates the trigger, your hand just grips the handle attached to the stock, instead of the lower receiver.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Comprehension is difficult for some. So they resort to insults as you are doing.

But here...more for the people who can't follow this absurd discussion ..

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bump_fire

The caption on the animation...

With a bump fire stock, the trigger (red) is toggled by the stable trigger finger when the receiver moves forward, and is reset when the receiver moves back due to recoil.

Notice the stable trigger finger or is stable also not in your comprehension range?
Quote:
Wonder where the refugee went?
LOL citing Wikipedia the place where anyone may add revisions as they see fit...
The finger being stable... are you yet again insinuating the finger does not have to engage the trigger? Because you have to pull/engage the trigger. The mechanism that drops the hammer... the stock doesn't act as the trigger for the last time, you fail at comprehending how the device works. Implying you just rest the finger on the trigger and pull the rifle forward, is not how it works... You'd have to have a super light trigger, which wouldn't even result in the primer being stricken hard enough to fire...
1. You don't know how the fire control group functions
2. You don't understand how the bump stock works.

Again. I'd explain it to you but watching you commit mental gymnastics over something so simple is quite entertaining. Please. Do try again. To try and define the fore end of the rifle as a "trigger" or "trigger device" is false.

Well where I've been, this morning, shooting range.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Yes it is. Your finger is inserted into the finger guard and actuates the trigger, your hand just grips the handle attached to the stock, instead of the lower receiver.
That is not the normal starting sequence for a bump stock. And I would suspect it may not work. Your trigger finger would be in the way of the trigger reset on the recoil of the first shot. The trigger pushes against your finger...not the other way around.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies