Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-08-2017, 04:01 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times

Advertisements

Here’s a money quote made by Steve Bannon a year ago from a new book “The Devil’s Bargain” by Joshua Green:

Quote:
Privately, even Bannon had moments of doubt. In the depths of Trump’s worst scandal, after the Washington Post broke news of an Access Hollywood tape that captured his lewd comments about women and how he liked to “grab them by the *****,” Bannon admitted to an associate that Trump might be done for. Yet he wasn’t despondent, not did he seem to view the possibility as a fatal setback to the broader movement. ”Our back up strategy,” he said of Clinton, “is to f*** her up so bad she can’t govern.” Psyching himself up to the task, he added, “My goal is that by November eighth, when you hear her name, you’re going to throw up.”
For those of you thinking only Democrats treat politics as a to the death blood sport, wake up.

The loser in this is all of us, because nothing can possibly get done if the goal of both sides is to make the nation ungovernable by the opposition. It’s the direct result of the disappearance of moderates on both sides, because they were the people who were willing and able to compromise. The only winners with their demise are those who believe that government is inherently evil and are rooting for total destruction and anarchy, or the breakup of the country.

https://politicalwire.com/2017/10/08...-one-year-ago/

https://www.amazon.com/Devils-Bargai...060be86175b8c2

Last edited by Bureaucat; 10-08-2017 at 04:20 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 03:35 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,573,399 times
I just checked my library and I am #60 on the hold list for Devil's Bargain. I did read an excerpt a while back and noted some inaccuracies so I wouldn't take everything as gospel.

As a Dem, I campaigned for Trump and voted for him and am happy to see him checking off the list of goals on Steve's famous whiteboard. Mainstream media never reports the positive, of course, so you wouldn't be aware. Maybe start reading Breitbart?

If you don't know what winning is, watch Bannon speak at the Value Voters Summit earlier this week. He mentions some of the bigger wins as well as behind the scenes political intrigue and the plans to take out GOP incumbents. You will learn why establishment elites are worried about his influence since his ideas resonate across both parties = populism.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies