Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 06:48 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,885,452 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by momonkey View Post
1. The wall should return dollars on the pennies when the cost illegal immigration is reduced.
The problem with the wall is quite a bit of the area where the wall will need to go in is not ideal to build on. Some of the terrain is mountainous. Also with the law, those law abiding illegal immigrants (the ones who were either DREAMers or just got in but don't break laws) have no true way to freely leave. Also the bigger drain with illegal immigrants are those who stay after their visas end. Search Adam Ruins Everything Immigration for proof. This makes the wall, a symbolic and costly gesture that won't stop government waste to the immigrant problem.

Quote:
2. Every president travels.
Did you complain when Obama did, I did. The fact is Trump has been going away and playing golf far more than Obama has. Some cabinet have abused travel orders and now his VP used it in a political stunt. The fact is Trump and several of his cabinet have abused this.

Quote:
3. No brainer - totally agree.
Glad we can agree on things.

Quote:
4. If Gnatcathers are stupid enough to incubate and feed Cowbirds offspring, they deserve to be extinct (see welfare).
I'm not sure if they do but I think the DoD looking after them is asinine, that is better off to another department, IMHO.

Quote:
5. Which one?
Any but specifically the one in Alaska.

Quote:
Ok, so here is why you will continue to lose elections.
I haven't won any because i voted with my conscience and let it be my guide. It helps me personally sleep at night, but I still worry about my country.

Quote:
VP Pence is the former governor of Indiana, as in Indiana Colts, as in Peyton Manning whose number was being retired that evening.

The dozen or so ingrates that took a knee to our national anthem simply picked the wrong day to do so.

Of course the VP was going to be there.

Missing would be like the Governor of Michigan missing a tribute to Bo Schembechler.

Some things you just don't do.

That goes for sticking around after the knee taking "stunt".
I'm going to have to disagree here. I get what you say later with him being the former Governor when Peyton played for Indy, but Trump said he told Pence to leave if there were lneelers. Because Pence used Air Force 2 and had Secret Security detail as well as extra cop detail, this stunt wasted 250k in the matter of two hours. I ask what was the goal here?

Quote:
How about a protest by NFL players against the much bigger tragedy of black on black killings that have nothing to do with police.
This is just noise around the issue of blacks getting stopped by police. I've cited the story of a 5'2" 120 lbs black woman on a bicycle pulled over by cops and then injured bevause she "fit the profile of a 5'10" 180 lbs black male" before. Then we have cases where cops are held above the law and go to grand juries for their possibility of being charged, only to let off Scott free when use laymen would never even get that privilege under the same set of circumstances.

Quote:
If NFL players believe police are more inclined to shoot blacks that whites, maybe blacks should stop carrying illegal firearms and committing violent felonies.

This would reduce the contact with law enforcement and possibly make police less apprehensive when face-to-face with a black person, particularly young, particularly male.
It don't change the issue if even law abiding black people are pulled over like that woman i spoke of earlier. This is a reflection into another issue which don't get me wrong is an issue, but it isn't a part of the issue of police brutality to innocent (black) people.

Quote:
It may be a stereotype, but it's also a statistic.
It is more inner city crime on a whole.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,446,358 times
I wish Trump admin would probably the same effort into genuinely improving health care as he does into haggling with the NFL.

Why do we need the President trying to manhandle football again? It's a private issue that can be handled just fine by viewer boycotts. If enough of them stop watching, NFL will get the message.

Seriously, is there nothing more productive for the President of the USA to focus on than this?

Old 10-11-2017, 06:55 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,527,092 times
It doesn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone else that Pence is a complete toady.

No one but tRump would have ever picked him as veep. He knows that he's only in that position because tRump was desperate to find somebody, anybody who might give him tiny slice of GOP credibility.

So, of course Pence will do whatever he's told, no matter how transparently phony and cynical it is.

Carry on.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:38 AM

14,673 posts, read 14,635,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
It doesn't surprise me and shouldn't surprise anyone else that Pence is a complete toady.

No one but tRump would have ever picked him as veep. He knows that he's only in that position because tRump was desperate to find somebody, anybody who might give him tiny slice of GOP credibility.

So, of course Pence will do whatever he's told, no matter how transparently phony and cynical it is.

Carry on.

My friends in Indiana tell me Pence was a very unpopular governor and likely to not be re-elected, so Trump saved his political career. I notice it’s a running theme with the GOP politicians he surrounds himself with...Pence, Christie, Guliani, etc. Those who need him more than he needs them, unlike the Republican members of Congress.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:44 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,451,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
My friends in Indiana tell me Pence was a very unpopular governor and likely to not be re-elected, so Trump saved his political career.
... and to think the sycophant is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

The whole world has been turned upside down.

Old 10-11-2017, 08:48 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,152 times
Trump brings people on board so they can "owe him later."

Old 10-11-2017, 09:00 AM

18,008 posts, read 27,450,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Natural510 View Post
My friends in Indiana tell me Pence was a very unpopular governor and likely to not be re-elected, so Trump saved his political career. I notice it’s a running theme with the GOP politicians he surrounds himself with...Pence, Christie, Guliani, etc. Those who need him more than he needs them, unlike the Republican members of Congress.
Well my friends from Indiana, evidently outnumbering your friends, told me a different story... At the voting booth.

We are not worried about Indiana.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I wish Trump admin would probably the same effort into genuinely improving health care as he does into haggling with the NFL.

Why do we need the President trying to manhandle football again? It's a private issue that can be handled just fine by viewer boycotts. If enough of them stop watching, NFL will get the message.

Seriously, is there nothing more productive for the President of the USA to focus on than this?
Trump can't though. The only answer is Medicare-for-all. We can deal with tax raises on this (so long as it isn't a sales tax) because by and large, it would cover the insurance. Insurance agencies can shift to supplemental insurance to stay in business. This also removes employers from needing to offer healthcare plans for benefits too. Sadly Trump before Obama was for this, but now he's against it because Breitbart don't like it.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
... and to think the sycophant is a heartbeat away from the presidency.

The whole world has been turned upside down.
Them we can vote Pence out 2020. Any Democrat can be a better president than that waster of public funds.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:24 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,553,730 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump and Pence thrashed the unhinged left again.

#MAGA
Nah, trump & pence are the ones getting thrashed by the public & rightfully so!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Trump has done more for the middle class in 8 months that the idiot you voted for twice did in eight years.
Like what?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies