Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2017, 07:25 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,111,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Surely veterans have more important issues to whine about than this?
I'm a veteran and I fully support the players who kneel. 100%.

Many veterans support them.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2017, 07:27 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Good question. I'd love to know how much it cost us taxpayers to fly Pence to Indianapolis just for a few hours so he could carry out a planned publicity stunt.
And not just that - remember a security crew has to go in advance; then another crew has to accompany the VP, etc.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:27 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
You know what disrespected the US flag this weekend? White Supremacists marching again in the streets of the US this weekend, and not a word about it from Pence or Trump.

And all the while, the people losing their minds over these silent protests refuse to take one moment to consider WHY they are protesting.
So what you are saying is that these Prima Donna's have the right to protest, but people who disagree with their method of protest don't have the right to protest in return?
I haven't watched a game this season and don't feel as if I have lost a thing. Pence exercised his right to protest the method that some players use to protest. Either we have the right to protest or we don't. Which is it?

Old 10-09-2017, 07:29 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,906,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Good question. I'd love to know how much it cost us taxpayers to fly Pence to Indianapolis just for a few hours so he could carry out a planned publicity stunt.
QUARTER OF A MILLION BUCKS! And that's not counting everything.
The price tag for Pence's trip to Indy: $242,000 - KION

Old 10-09-2017, 07:29 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,532,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
So what you are saying is that these Prima Donna's have the right to protest, but people who disagree with their method of protest don't have the right to protest in return?
I haven't watched a game this season and don't feel as if I have lost a thing. Pence exercised his right to protest the method that some players use to protest. Either we have the right to protest or we don't. Which is it?
Protest all you want - just not on my dime, please.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:35 AM

11,222 posts, read 8,305,122 times
Quote:
I don't speak for the person you quoted, but I did not see them say that Pence (or anyone) didn't have a right to protest or disagree. I've not seen anyone say that, other than those, like Pence and the President, who have said that the players should not have that right. (They said that their livelihood, their ability to provide for their families should be stripped away if they protest peacefully.)

So I agree with you, either we have the right to protest, or we don't. I say we do, EVERYONE does. That includes Pence. But I sure would label him and Trump as hypocrites for staging/endorsign a protest at the National Anthem of an NFL game. ACCORDING TO THEM, it disrespects the flag and our servicemen.

But to be clear, I ABSOLUTELY support Pence's right do protest, even if I don't agree with his position. The only ones I've seen who don't support those rights are the ones calling for "if you protest, you should be fired" (and using their political platform to say it).

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Trump said the protesters should be fired for protesting on the job. That either holds true or not.

Those kneeling didn't waste thousands and thousands of tax payers dollars.

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Pence used tax payer money for a political stunt/show. The swamp will always be the swamp and it is -- as claimed by the man himself -- being maintained by the President, Mr. Trump.

No denying it.

It was a stupid stunt. Using a picture from years back. Making sure to get a picture of him standing & then leaving immediately -- (to attend a fundraiser)....in protest.

Support Pence's right to do whatever tickles his fancy but not on my dime.

How about all of you that love the man chip in and pay for his little show.

Old 10-09-2017, 07:36 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
Hmmm... I believe THEY don't even know why they're protesting. Oh yeah, it's their perceived injustices. Right. So let's make a political statement and disrespect America over social issues. Brilliant. The bottom line is they're still upset they lost the election, just like all the other snowflakes.

As for losing their minds, the liberals do that on a daily basis for whatever silly reason they can muster. And to them, every person that disagrees with them is suddenly a white supremacist, which is their latest buzz word. I doubt they know what that is, either.
perceived injustices. really?? get out your back yard sometime... learn about real life-

Old 10-09-2017, 07:37 AM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Guess again who the great divider was.

where obama left off, the dems hate and fear mongering campaign would not exist except for their media propaganda machine and a herd of gullible, confused and delusion supporters.

Cops have saved more black lives than anyone.

Pence did good.
he's a puppet- with the appearance of good-
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies