Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 01:30 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Once again, this was a vocabulary lesson. The reason it's helpful is because knowing and using the proper names and terms promotes respect. Respect for yourself and respect for others. We are not talking about little children. We are talking about young men and young women. Young men and young women whose bodies are changing. If you don't think that sex is on the minds of 6th-graders, then you aren't remembering 6th-grade accurately. Young women are growing breasts, young men are curious about those breasts. Young people are developing interest in other young people, and for some of them, whose interest isn't in the opposite sex, it's confusing. It's embarrassing, too. I remember having to take my purse with me to the restroom to change pads, and blushing the entire time. In a way, having the proper vocabulary gives students a certain amount of distance, a perspective, that is useful in lessening the embarrassment of puberty, of the whole "not-knowing" that is puberty.
i give up. basic sex ed would teach you all of this. changing bodies, menstruation, even sexual feelings, being attracted to others, etc.

no need to go into transgender and bisexuals and all of that. i never said 6th graders never have sex on their minds. and i also remember being embarrassed about my period and guess what i knew all about it. still embarrassing...

being embarrassed, it's what teens do!

i give up. i can't say anymore than i already have.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 01:32 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
You don't know how it was presented in class. The only thing that's in the article is a fragment of what is a vocabulary test. I'm not sure what it is that you think they are "obviously" teaching.
i really can't be any more clear that i have been. you keep trying to twist what i am saying. i'm done, i can't say anymore about it that i haven't already said. we will have to agree to disagree.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:33 PM

33,544 posts, read 37,145,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Oral sex is safe sex, can't get pregnant that way. Okay, instead of bestially, how about teaching anal sex. This way little boys can be ready for sex with either gender. That sounds like it would be a real liberal sex ed winner.
Wow, I think you missed the sex ed class if you think oral sex is safe sex....It's not safe at all.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:34 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanspeur View Post
Wow, I think you missed the sex ed class if you think oral sex is safe sex....It's not safe at all.
Right?? Exactly why sex ed should be taught & it should start in middle school.

Old 10-10-2017, 01:43 PM

42,732 posts, read 29,884,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i give up. basic sex ed would teach you all of this. changing bodies, menstruation, even sexual feelings, being attracted to others, etc.

no need to go into transgender and bisexuals and all of that. i never said 6th graders never have sex on their minds. and i also remember being embarrassed about my period and guess what i knew all about it. still embarrassing...

being embarrassed, it's what teens do!

i give up. i can't say anymore than i already have.
It was a vocabulary lesson. I don't know why you think the class got "into transgender and bisexuals and all of that." It was a vocabulary lesson. Just basic sex ed.

Last edited by DC at the Ridge; 10-10-2017 at 01:58 PM..

Old 10-10-2017, 01:46 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,930 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
As any ideologue knows, "give me a child until he is seven, and I will give you the man."

Fundamentalist Christians are fine with childhood indoctrination, as long as children are being indoctrinated with fundamentalist Christianity. But if children are being taught about evolution or human sexuality in schools, the fundamentalist Christians go crazy.

Bingo, the same parents that think 12 is too young to learn about sexuality have no problem exposing much younger children to the sexual activity, murder, rape, genocide, and slavery that exists in the Bible. How many parents never even think twice about exposing their very young children on a regular basis to the image of a man being executed on a Roman torture device but freak out at the mere mention of the word transgender in their child's presence?

I truly believe that parents that complain about stuff like this don't care that their child is learning about sex, they are just freaked out that someone might teach them about something more than heterosexual abstinence only until marriage sexuality.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:27 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Why are so many wanting teachers to teach self identity? That's messed up.
It so the children are brainwashed with self identity that by the time they turn 18, they will blindly vote liberal.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:33 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,990,052 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpat View Post
So let me get this straight, learning about all the different kinds of people out there is not something you want your kids to know anything bout?

They are going to learn about all these varieties of people eventually so its best to learn that in school.

Don't worry though, you can still teach your kids to hate all those varieties people they learned about. Or is it that you're bothered that once they know about people they'll have a harder time hating them?

Hmmm.
Yes, of course I do. Theres many different cultures in the world that I wold hope my kids would learn about. Cultures that are parts of all different types of people.

6th grade in my opinion is still too young for these terms. I wonder how many kids did this assignment and then the following day come to school and start calling people gay just to make fun of them?

Yes, as I stated before I have a older brother that is gay and I do not hate him. So if anyone would know about gays , it would be because I grew up with him since birth. I also accept who he is. So I am still wondering where you sense the false narrative that I hate gays, because I don't want my kids learning the term when they are not emotionally developed enough to understand?

Thats not hatred. Its a realistic approach to the matter.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:39 PM

1,949 posts, read 3,864,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Yes, of course I do. Theres many different cultures in the world that I wold hope my kids would learn about. Cultures that are parts of all different types of people.

6th grade in my opinion is still too young for these terms. I wonder how many kids did this assignment and then the following day come to school and start calling people gay just to make fun of them?

Yes, as I stated before I have a older brother that is gay and I do not hate him. So if anyone would know about gays , it would be because I grew up with him since birth. I also accept who he is. So I am still wondering where you sense the false narrative that I hate gays, because I don't want my kids learning the term when they are not emotionally developed enough to understand?

Thats not hatred. Its a realistic approach to the matter.
Well that is good to know because the tone of your OP was laced with venom.

But tell me then, when and how are you going to teach your children about all the different kinds of humans there are out there?

Will you wait until they ask you (by which time they have already been talking about it for weeks/months)?

Will you portray everyone as equal when you do have that talk?

Old 10-10-2017, 02:43 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,949,093 times
The transgender lesson shouldn't take more than 30 seconds and two props: Some hedge clippers and a pack of ballparks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies