Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2017, 02:49 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times

Advertisements

This is something to ponder if Trump's kids have given thought to. The Trump reputation is becoming toxic and this may have long term effects for Trump businesses. When the Trump sons opened a hotel in Vancouver BC a few months ago, they called themselves "progressive" and hoped to open hotels in Seattle and the Bay Area. They were openly mocked and ridiculed. They want the money from liberals but liberals absolutely cannot stand them.

“The carpark is rarely even half full,” said Milne, 53, looking out again on Friday under clear blue skies. “For what was supposedly the best golf course in the world, I don’t really think this is a resounding success.”

A few hours after Milne spoke, he got some confirmation. A financial report that Trump’s company filed with the British government shows he has lost millions of dollars at the resort, called the Trump International Golf Links, as well as at a second one on the other side of Scotland overlooking the Irish Sea.

Trump Loses Millions At Scottish Resorts For Third Year In A Row – Talking Points Memo

Trump is making money off of taxpayers by charging the Secret Service to access his properties ($65K to use his elevators in one month) but he'll hand his children the legacy of the Trump name.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2017, 02:51 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,112,869 times
After the way he treated some Scottish landowners, I have no respect for any Scot who would work for or patronize him.

eta: well if they had to work for him, they might get a pass, I know jobs can be scarce.

eta: http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-en...-a7383311.html

Old 10-10-2017, 02:57 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Trump is well known for overstating the value of his brand or should i say the value his brand once had.

It is mean but i am glad his brand is being trashed and developers no longer want his Name on their buildings.

As to his golf courses i am sure they would show a little profit if they could because publicly losing money is not good for biz.

Old 10-10-2017, 02:59 PM

4,608 posts, read 3,302,957 times
Scots can do the "don't get mad, get even" thing to perfection. They don't like him and haven't for decades. If his businesses there go down the drain, I won't be surprised.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:01 PM

20,169 posts, read 24,334,415 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ndcairngorm View Post
Scots can do the "don't get mad, get even" thing to perfection. They don't like him and haven't for decades. If his businesses there go down the drain, I won't be surprised.
Maybe the Scottish example is what's inspiring the wholesale boycott of the NFL. Of course, Americans are in more of a "get mad AND get even" mindset, thanks to the millionaire thugs who deign to instruct us in ethics.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:06 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Trump's Scottish Golf Course Losing Millions Third Year in a Row
Third year in a row.
You do know he has only been president for 9 months, right? So what does an investment that loses money have to do with him being president?

Nothing. But it's great fodder for those who do not think much. It shows them "something", where nothing exists.

MAGA

Old 10-10-2017, 03:08 PM

2,274 posts, read 1,339,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump is well known for overstating the value of his brand or should i say the value his brand once had.

It is mean but i am glad his brand is being trashed and developers no longer want his Name on their buildings.

As to his golf courses i am sure they would show a little profit if they could because publicly losing money is not good for biz.
Even before the election and Trump's political activities, the Trump brand was known as a brand that sells overpriced low quality merchandise to aspirational new money types. None of Trump's peers in the 1% are buying his steaks, wine and clothing. Trump customers are mostly middle class rubes that falsely believe that Trump is selling true luxury items. It is similar to how the general public believes that Rolex is the most expensive and prestigious watch brand.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM

130,332 posts, read 12,112,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
Even before the election and Trump's political activities, the Trump brand was known as a brand that sells overpriced low quality merchandise to aspirational new money types. None of Trump's peers in the 1% are buying his steaks, wine and clothing. Trump customers are mostly middle class rubes that falsely believe that Trump is selling true luxury items. It is similar to how the general public believes that Rolex is the most expensive and prestigious watch brand.
true & how gullible they were when he was voted in

Old 10-10-2017, 03:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,716,760 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Third year in a row.
You do know he has only been president for 9 months, right? So what does an investment that loses money have to do with him being president?

Nothing. But it's great fodder for those who do not think much. It shows them "something", where nothing exists.

MAGA
Trump's supporters said he was such a great businessman, ignoring how many times he scammed contractors and declared bankruptcy. This just show that he hasn't improved and his kids will be left holding the bag which is poetic all around. I'm waiting for the tearful interview with the Trump kids where they blame the White House meatloaf.

Old 10-10-2017, 03:17 PM

25,575 posts, read 17,293,027 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Trump's supporters said he was such a great businessman, ignoring how many times he scammed contractors and declared bankruptcy. This just show that he hasn't improved and his kids will be left holding the bag which is poetic all around. I'm waiting for the tearful interview with the Trump kids where they blame the White House meatloaf.
Wait for whatever you want. I don't care....

Your theory that the losing golf course was some sort of backlash against Trump's presidency is easily shown to be hogwash.

It lost money in '14; will lose money now..........................Trump announced his candidacy on June 16, 2015.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies