Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: What do conservatives want from their opposition
"Political Re-education" 9 37.50%
Lose their voting rights permanently 4 16.67%
Be imprisoned 2 8.33%
Be deported to a country of the conservatives' choosing 9 37.50%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 12:47 AM

9,569 posts, read 5,622,948 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I really wonder, so have created a poll...
Conservatives anywhere in the world would like to silence political opposition....funny how they don't realize why Trump likes Putin so much.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:09 AM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobdreamz View Post
Conservatives anywhere in the world would like to silence political opposition....funny how they don't realize why Trump likes Putin so much.

Far from it.
We want you guys and gals to speak, yell and scream like the emotional irrational children you expose yourselves to be daily.
Why stop the best sales tool we have.

The 1st amendment exposes not only fact & truth, but also fools. Why stop that.
I have only witnesses the progressive democrats & republicans, censor ideas and speech they hate.

Old 10-11-2017, 01:44 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
You don't really wonder. All you want to do is play childish games and deflect from discussing policy since the policies you follow are failures.
Go ahead and discuss policy. I dare you.
I didn't vote in the poll because I couldn't find an answer I liked. I like this ^^ answer.

Quote:
Instead we get silly OPs like the one here.
Damn right. We've all had quite enough of the silliness around here.

*exits thread on pogo stick*

Old 10-11-2017, 01:46 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
LMAO Exactly what I'm talking about. Another example of a post with deceit and deflection. I'm embarrassed for you. You can't make this up.
Keep your embarrassment to yourself. I don't think you can afford to share it.

The original poll was garbage, to be sure, but there have been efforts since then to discuss policy, and for the most part, you have refused to acknowledge them, other than to accuse those with whom you disagree of "making stuff up."

Old 10-11-2017, 02:04 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,845,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post

The original poll was garbage, to be sure, but there have been efforts since then to discuss policy, and for the most part, you have refused to acknowledge them, other than to accuse those with whom you disagree of "making stuff up."
I agree with this too!

Old 10-11-2017, 02:38 AM

15,945 posts, read 12,285,067 times
A willingness to work with the right to compromise on legislation instead of running into a corner and screaming "racism" or "oppression" over relatively minor issues. Don't pull stunts like trying to recall Walker because he wants to cut lavish pensions that let public employees retire at 55 in luxury at the expense of the state budget. Objectively look at issues instead of using emotions to manufacture injustice where none exists.

Old 10-11-2017, 03:46 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
Why? I'm just asking a question here, because from what I have gathered here from this site, the conservatives will never vote for a liberal, and seem to not want us liberals to vote for liberals either....
Have you stopped beating your wife yet?

Old 10-11-2017, 04:39 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
This doesn't make sense

Quote:
Your post is garbage. Tons of OPs with no talk on policy. That was my point. Doesn't surprise me you missed it.
The Vapid Response Team thinks when someone says "I like turtles" that counts as a discussion.
Anytime someone makes an OP and wants to discuss policy I'll be more than happy to.

Tell you what go ahead and start a thread on our involvement in the Middle East or the economy and I'll be happy to jump in. Otherwise I'll continue to ridicule anyone who makes and stands up for OPs like this.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:49 AM

18,461 posts, read 7,087,596 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
To answer OP's question. They want government to be handled at the state/local level not centered in a massive wasteful, powerful, bureaucratic federal government.
This.

The vast majority of it anyways.

National defense, foreign policy, border enforcement and immigration and maybe some certain aspects of infrastructure that would be impractical on a state level are legitimate functions of the federal government.

Pretty much everything else should be left up to the individual states.

Old 10-11-2017, 04:51 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,601,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Have you stopped beating your wife yet?
I don't hit women, and me and my fiance haven't taken the plunge yet. Don't get your made up point
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies