Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 11:59 AM

12,547 posts, read 9,927,676 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Not petty. She was asked to violate the law, hospital policy and a patient's civil rights.

That's a major deal.
But as far as crimes go, she basically did nothing...in fact she didn't do anything. It's not like the cop suspected she had slipped something lethal into an IV.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Pick your battles wisely? lol That is what she did, She defended the rights of the individual.
And her battle wasn't made on a street corner. It was made while wearing scrubs, in a hospital, surrounded by nurses/staff that supported her. That's a battle you may be able to win. Get into a battle of resistance with a cop at 2am on the side of the road somewhere...well, that might not end as well regardless of skin color.

Old 10-11-2017, 06:36 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
And her battle wasn't made on a street corner. It was made while wearing scrubs, in a hospital, surrounded by nurses/staff that supported her. That's a battle you may be able to win. Get into a battle of resistance with a cop at 2am on the side of the road somewhere...well, that might not end as well regardless of skin color.
More and more are also carrying. One would think people would simply want the police to just do the right thing.

Your argument is no different than telling a woman that she needs to watch her skirt length.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:22 PM

Quote:
More and more are also carrying. One would think people would simply want the police to just do the right thing.

Your argument is no different than telling a woman that she needs to watch her skirt length.
What does my argument have to do with women or women's skirt length? LOL.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:23 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BugsyPal View Post
SALT LAKE CITY — A Utah police officer who was caught on video roughly handcuffing a nurse because she refused to allow a blood draw was fired Tuesday in a case that became a flashpoint in the ongoing national conversation about police use of force.

Cop who forcibly arrested nurse for refusing to draw blood is fired | New York Post

https://www.thestar.com/news/world/2...-is-fired.html
Good.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:25 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,860,814 times
Glad to hear! Surprised it took this long.

Old 10-11-2017, 07:59 PM

79,913 posts, read 44,167,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddiehaskell View Post
What does my argument have to do with women or women's skirt length? LOL.
You understand.

Old 10-11-2017, 09:22 PM

7,702 posts, read 5,446,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbohm View Post
i agree with you on this. but as i keep saying, there are times to fight, and times not to fight. you need to pick your battles and more importantly you battlefield carefully. out on the street is not the time or place to fight, the cop can bring on far too many people on his side. what the nurse did however was the right thing to do, and she was on the right battlefield, her own, and she had everything on her side. if the cop had pushed the issue, he would be the one wearing handcuffs on his way to jail.
I hear you; however, the cop did push the issue with the nurse and he should have been arrested by his fellow officers and had to sit his own butt down in jail at least overnight so that he would have an arrest record, even if it would most likely be dismissed and later cleared.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:37 AM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SFBayBoomer View Post
I hear you; however, the cop did push the issue with the nurse and he should have been arrested by his fellow officers and had to sit his own butt down in jail at least overnight so that he would have an arrest record, even if it would most likely be dismissed and later cleared.
and i agree on that was well. imo the cop should have been prosecuted for unlawful detainment at a minimum, and attempted kidnapping at the worst.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:09 AM

7,588 posts, read 4,156,645 times
Quote:
If he is demanding to violate your rights, you have every justification to be violent.

This was NOT something petty. I am amazed that you seem to think it was.

He shouldn't become aggressive.
I can see both sides to this. There is a reason why nobody jumped in to help her. The police officer was clearly on a power trip and possibly the motivation was to cover a mistake LE made, which shows this case was not something petty for both sides. Sometimes these guys are just waiting for a reason to take it to the next level.

I do believe in the phrase "shoulda, coulda, woulda" . Unfortunately, we can't always exist in a world the way it should be, but rather the way it is, regardless of the "training" that comes afterward. The police department that employed him was living in denial and that makes it dangerous, imo.

The cop deserves to be fired and more.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies