Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 08:48 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,756,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Genetically, there is very little that is different. As well, we are more mixed/heterogeneous as a species than ever, particularly/especially in America. Most people would be shocked to learn how genetically diverse they are. Having one's genome sequenced is one of the greatest equalizers in regards to these debates.
American whites who have their DNA analyzed find out that they are boringly non-diverse, with 99-plus percent European ancestry on average.
Quote:
Disclosure: I work in genetics research.
Then why do you have such bad information on the amount of diversity in Americans?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2017, 08:49 PM

31,848 posts, read 17,604,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turthist View Post
Against whites!

In 2015 (I used 2015 to eliminate the ambush killing in Dallas. I don't want to skew the numbers) blacks killed more police officers than whites, yet police officers killed substantialy more whites than blacks!!

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2015/offic...pic_page_-2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...f2973#comments

So here are the numbers in 2015

17 blacks killed police officers
16 whites killed police officers

Yet officers killed 732 whites and only 381 blacks! So the officers are getting shot at, attacked, and killed by slightly more blacks yet they defend themselves or retaliate by killing a disproportionate amount of whites? So how is this racist against blacks? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

And given the fact that black folks represent only 13% of the population, you don't see how out of whack these numbers are?????

Old 10-11-2017, 11:00 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
And given the fact that black folks represent only 13% of the population, you don't see how out of whack these numbers are?????
It's about how many times they interact with police.

Old 10-11-2017, 11:01 PM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
Blacks and non-blacks diverged 60,000 years ago. They're different.
No. Explain why blacks more so than hispanics, whites, and asians aren't brought up properly.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:31 AM

13,806 posts, read 9,705,888 times
Quote:
Against whites!

In 2015 (I used 2015 to eliminate the ambush killing in Dallas. I don't want to skew the numbers) blacks killed more police officers than whites, yet police officers killed substantialy more whites than blacks!!

https://ucr.fbi.gov/leoka/2015/offic...pic_page_-2015

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...f2973#comments

So here are the numbers in 2015

17 blacks killed police officers
16 whites killed police officers

Yet officers killed 732 whites and only 381 blacks! So the officers are getting shot at, attacked, and killed by slightly more blacks yet they defend themselves or retaliate by killing a disproportionate amount of whites? So how is this racist against blacks? Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
First, I do not think police killings is a statistic that government keeps track of in the same way it keeps counts of homicides or officers killed. I do not know that police departments are required to report that figure and I do not know, if they do, who verifies those numbers as you would think that police will low ball the numbers. Thus, I really do not trust the accuracy of any numbers reported for police killings.

Secondly, your data shows that police disproportionately kills blacks....unless thee black population in the country is half of the white population and hence should have half that of whites being killed. However, there are about 5 times more white than blacks in this country.....thus....if 381 blacks were killed by police then 1905 whites needed to be killed by police to have been killed at the same rate as blacks.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:31 AM

206 posts, read 112,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
Yes and yet they kill more police officers than any other group, but cry racism when the officers defend themselves! That is not to say that some officers use excessive force, but if you look at the FACTS, officers kill way more whites than blacks even though they themselves are killed by blacks more than whites! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

Old 10-12-2017, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Yes and yet they kill more police officers than any other group, but cry racism when the officers defend themselves! That is not to say that some officers use excessive force, but if you look at the FACTS, officers kill way more whites than blacks even though they themselves are killed by blacks more than whites! Don't let the facts get in the way of a good story!

The percentage of police officers killed relative to the number of people the police kill in a year is statistically insignificant.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:41 AM

206 posts, read 112,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
First, I do not think police killings is a statistic that government keeps track of in the same way it keeps counts of homicides or officers killed. I do not know that police departments are required to report that figure and I do not know, if they do, who verifies those numbers as you would think that police will low ball the numbers. Thus, I really do not trust the accuracy of any numbers reported for police killings.

Secondly, your data shows that police disproportionately kills blacks....unless thee black population in the country is half of the white population and hence should have half that of whites being killed. However, there are about 5 times more white than blacks in this country.....thus....if 381 blacks were killed by police then 1905 whites needed to be killed by police to have been killed at the same rate as blacks.
Ok so you believe one set of numbers but not the FBI data collection. And your logic looking at population is incorrect, because the police does not interact with law-abiding citizens therefore they have no interaction with the vast majority of citizens! I've included the number of officers killed on duty, because this is where deadly force needs to be used. Given that blacks killed officers 1.06 times more than whites, officers should have killed 1.06 more blacks than whites! So roughly 775 blacks should have been killed by officers given the deadly attacks they encountered by blacks. Yet they killed a disproportionate amount of whites. So this narrative of police brutality is not factual, if anything they're racist towards whites!

Old 10-12-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Ok so you believe one set of numbers but not the FBI data collection. And your logic looking at population is incorrect, because the police does not interact with law-abiding citizens therefore they have no interaction with the vast majority of citizens! I've included the number of officers killed on duty, because this is where deadly force needs to be used. Given that blacks killed officers 1.06 times more than whites, officers should have killed 1.06 more blacks than whites! So roughly 775 blacks should have been killed by officers given the deadly attacks they encountered by blacks. Yet they killed a disproportionate amount of whites. So this narrative of police brutality is not factual, if anything they're racist towards whites!

https://news.vice.com/article/the-us...irst-time-ever

....An investigation by the Wall Street Journal found that the FBI dataset was missing more than 550 police killings between 2007 and 2012 from 105 of the country's largest police departments.....

People interact with those who they think/believe are criminals. Lots of drugs and crime going on in white communities but police don't believe they are criminals.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:52 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
People interact with those who they think/believe are criminals. Lots of drugs and crime going on in white communities but police don't believe they are criminals.
So you think the police purposely don't prosecute criminals in white communities? They are incentivized to get as many people into the justice system as they can because ultimately it is all about budgets, and money for the "system".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies