Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 09:45 PM

3,513 posts, read 6,373,551 times

Advertisements

Please remember that if he starts a nuclear war Trump will be in the bunker with his family.

You won't.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:10 AM

18,757 posts, read 11,787,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph_Kirk View Post
We tend to forget that nobody is a villain in his own eyes; as far as Kim is concerned, the US really is the bad guy.

The danger of this moment is that Kim really believes--and I do think that Kim does believe--that Trump has actually made a definite decision to attack but is just biding his time.

This is the kind of dangerous place the US was in with the USSR in the early 80s--but didn't realize it. We later learned only in the 90s that Andropov knew in the early 80s that the USSR had lost the Cold War and truly believed President Reagan intended to launch a first strike. We had no idea how edgy they were, and that's why ABLE ARCHER 83 got really scary really fast.

What can happen with North Korea--and if anything does happen, this is how I think it will happen--is that in the full belief that President Trump truly plans to attack, an edgy North Korean early warning radar operator is going to think he sees a B1 turning in their direction, and unlike Stanislav Petrov in 1983, he's not going to say, "Wait...just wait." He's not going to be the guy who waited too long.

I get your concern. It is indeed a dangerous game of poker. I came across this article you might find interesting. We have a long history of hpstile acts and rhetoric with North Korea that hasn't sparked a war....yet.

Nixon Considered Nuclear Option Against N. Korea : NPR

Old 10-12-2017, 09:15 AM

28,122 posts, read 12,578,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Chucksnee, all they are verifying is that it is a valid order - in other words, that it was not somehow issued from someone other than the President. They CANNOT disobey the directive of the President - that's the whole point of the system; if we were under attack there is no time for debate. Amazing, but true.
Yep this is correct, even if everyone under him thought the order was insane, they could not disobey. Even if one or two did, they would be crucified for doing so and the order would still go thru.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:32 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
I get your concern. It is indeed a dangerous game of poker. I came across this article you might find interesting. We have a long history of hpstile acts and rhetoric with North Korea that hasn't sparked a war....yet.

Nixon Considered Nuclear Option Against N. Korea : NPR
That option was considered more than once.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:15 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Yep this is correct, even if everyone under him thought the order was insane, they could not disobey. Even if one or two did, they would be crucified for doing so and the order would still go thru.
I agree, as I said before, but in the context of this thread....it's false....if Kelly or anyone else is tackling trump......think about the context of the OP...noting more, nothing less....

But to answer your question in which you are thinking, I don't think he would sit back pick up the phone and say LAUNCH with zero indicators of anything happening to he U.S., and if he did the guys on the other end would be verifying, what?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:27 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rstevens62 View Post
Once Trump gives the order, there's no invoking Article 25.

Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
I agree, as I said before, but in the context of this thread....it's false....if Kelly or anyone else is tackling trump......think about the context of the OP...noting more, nothing less....

But to answer your question in which you are thinking, I don't think he would sit back pick up the phone and say LAUNCH with zero indicators of anything happening to he U.S., and if he did the guys on the other end would be verifying, what?
From what I've read, once they verify the order came from POTUS, they are duty bound to follow through.

As to whether he'd give the order with zero indicators of anything going on in, who knows what Trump will do?

Do you?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:34 AM

28,661 posts, read 18,764,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
From what I've read, once they verify the order came from POTUS, they are duty bound to follow through.

As to whether he'd give the order with zero indicators of anything going on in, who knows what Trump will do?

Do you?
"We seem to have trouble on the line...you're cutting out, sir." <Somebody call Stratcom and find out what the hell is going on!>

Old 10-12-2017, 10:41 AM

46,261 posts, read 27,074,383 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
the republican think he can-- READ or watch the video

What makes you thinks he cannot, because there is no teleprompter in the way?

Old 10-12-2017, 11:05 AM

10,086 posts, read 5,729,602 times
Good grief, liberals are so out of touch with reality. They make it sound like there is this big red button, and all that must happen is Trump run over there and push it. Stop him! Ridiculous. There is a whole chain of command, multiple people involved, checks and balance that have to take place before we shoot off a nuke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies