Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 02:06 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Here is what I posted:

Do you not know the difference between a link and "actual text" or does your grandson also need to bring your glasses to you?
Do you know how to click on a link to view the actual transcript? Because that's what I provided. The entire transcript in a link. You know why I did a link? Because it's against TOS to copyright infringement. Ever notice when some posts are edited by mods? That's why. I wasn't about to have an entire transcript deleted because I chose to copy & paste the words instead of the link.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:08 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,611,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump made some improper statements about women which is a far cry from what Weinsten, Bill, Clinton and the other Hollywood types did. They committed sexual misconduct ACTIONS, and RAPE, not just words like Trump.
Some of the posters think rape really isn't that big of a deal. It's why they compare it to a guy saying he could get into some serious heavy petting with a willing female if he chose.

They are essentially saying, "What Weinstein did wasn't that big of a deal. It's just a little rape and assault. It's about the same as him just talking about groping a willing woman. Move on folks."

The assaults and possible rapes are no big deal to them. It's just political finder they want to use to go after Trump.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:09 PM

2,053 posts, read 1,527,324 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Trump made some improper statements about women which is a far cry from what Weinsten, Bill, Clinton and the other Hollywood types did. They committed sexual misconduct ACTIONS, and RAPE, not just words like Trump.
So all those women who accused Trump were just lying? He may have made improper statements about women ....but he also committed 'sexual misconduct actions'.

This issue falls out on both sides of the political aisle. There is no need for all these threads about how the Democrats are all predators and rapists when their counterparts can be found on the Republican side as well. It's about the powerful thinking that they can do whatever they want to to the less powerful.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Do you know how to click on a link to view the actual transcript? Because that's what I provided. The entire transcript in a link. You know why I did a link? Because it's against TOS to copyright infringement. Ever notice when some posts are edited by mods? That's why. I wasn't about to have an entire transcript deleted because I chose to copy & paste the words instead of the link.
It is not against TOS to post a fragment of an article which is actually a quote that the NYT does not own.

Last edited by CaseyB; 10-11-2017 at 03:13 PM.. Reason: Off topic

Old 10-11-2017, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms. Tarabotti View Post
So all those women who accused Trump were just lying? He may have made improper statements about women ....but he also committed 'sexual misconduct actions'.

This issue falls out on both sides of the political aisle. There is no need for all these threads about how the Democrats are all predators and rapists when their counterparts can be found on the Republican side as well. It's about the powerful thinking that they can do whatever they want to to the less powerful.
What proof is there that he committed any actions?

With Weinstein there is an audio recording.

With Bill Clinton there is a $1 million sexual harassment settlement.

What proof is ther with Trump?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:15 PM

5,913 posts, read 3,185,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Ben Affleck apologizes for groping actress Hilarie Burton | Fox News

I guess this one runs in the family as the brother of Ben Affleck has been accused for sexual harassment!

Hollywood is putting the trash out!
At least we won't be electing him President.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:16 PM

5,104 posts, read 2,050,159 times
First Harvey Weinstein, now Ben Affleck...with all these rumors I saw on newsgroups and others forums about tv producer Dan Schneider who did live-actions shows for Nickelodeon, I wonder if Dan Schneider will be next?

Old 10-11-2017, 02:19 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,741,218 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Exactly and we will enjoy many more years of MAGA with President Trump who was able to bring out the true personalities of many people who we thought we knew.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:19 PM

Quote:
That would have been Clinton.

Old 10-11-2017, 02:21 PM

3,929 posts, read 2,953,541 times
Quote:
No, but unfortunately, Trump is just as much a part of Hollywoods sick industry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies