Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 03:09 AM

33,513 posts, read 37,057,177 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GracieKarm View Post
Ditto. You know, not everyone in Cali thinks Jerry Brown is da bomb, nor are we like the hollyweird wannabe elites that are nothing but hypocrites. Yet, ALL of california is pond scum? Think again.
It's starting to **** me off this "kick calif out" and "california sucks" and whatever else is being flung around.
Remember this when you stuff your face with california produce, fruits, steaks, wines.
Me thinks the anti-California stuff is nothing more than envy.....Otherwise why would people that don't live there even care?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 03:35 AM

7,583 posts, read 4,136,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
This has nothing to do with good students who go to college an get hired by extremely successful companies. It's about the 40,000 who couldn't wrap their minds around 10th grade algebra.
A math book was recommended for my third grader, who I will admit will ask for help before she tries reading. In other words, she has no motivation to learn on her own. I was told the state test looked exactly like the questions in this book according to students. Her math book used at the school comes nowhere near the depth this book goes, so I am annoyed that she is not being exposed to these types of questions and, pretty much, not being taught math.

I could never come up with questions like that. So the reason I bring up my daughter's personality is because children I know who received a perfect score are learners, so even if they never saw these questions, they have the skills needed to apply what they were taught. We are still trying to develop those for my daughter.

My point is that if the school's curriculum was not aligned to the standards, why should students be held back because of a test that focuses on standards? At the very least, if all students did was learn how to solve "y" in a particular way, there should be enough of those questions to help them pass at a minimal score.

Old 10-12-2017, 03:43 AM

1,949 posts, read 3,857,986 times
But if you kick out California, there won't be as many blue states left to subsidize the red states.

Old 10-12-2017, 12:47 PM

439 posts, read 344,083 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
i love california. i have lived here all my life and will live here 'til i die. if people don't like california then please stay away! we have too much traffic, more than enough people moving in here all the time. (obviously people are loving it. we have more people coming here to live all the time. too many!!! traffic is awful now in socal.)

so please if you don't like california, do.not.come.here. but if you come here and love it like i do, you are welcome.

that's all i have to say.
What if you live here but don't like it overall, yet are stuck here due to jobs? Yet still look at the good side??

Are we allowed to stay??

Old 10-12-2017, 01:07 PM

3,495 posts, read 2,773,473 times
I don't get why people complain about those on the coasts putting down or demeaning Middle America, when yet these exact same people are constantly going on about what's wrong with California??????????????????

Old 10-12-2017, 01:49 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,228,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeaniee View Post
What if you live here but don't like it overall, yet are stuck here due to jobs? Yet still look at the good side??

Are we allowed to stay??
sure you can stay! i just ask that you don't constantly complain about how horrible california is. so many people rag on california, and to those people i say then please stay away. we are crowded enough and getting more crowded by the day it seems, we don't need more people coming in and bringing along their negative attitudes.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:52 PM

1,768 posts, read 1,228,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gordo View Post
I don't get why people complain about those on the coasts putting down or demeaning Middle America, when yet these exact same people are constantly going on about what's wrong with California??????????????????
i don't, and never have, put down other states or middle america.

Old 10-12-2017, 01:56 PM

28,624 posts, read 18,677,825 times
Well, back in my day, we didn't have high school exit exams. We got tested constantly from the first grade to make sure we got each step before going to the next step.

I can't see how that could have been considered an intelligent idea in the first place...waste 12 years before you figure out someone hasn't been getting it? Who voted for that?

Old 10-12-2017, 02:01 PM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
yeah yeah kick us out

Just give us the Marine Corps and 29palms please. You have to take Hollywood.

Old 10-12-2017, 02:35 PM

19,492 posts, read 12,122,052 times
California is on a bit of a roll now with Hollywood slime being exposed and Moonbeam minimizing the seriousness of HIV transmission, the devastating fires, now this. Many of the public schools there probably could use this exit exam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies