U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 12:57 AM

13,913 posts, read 4,572,782 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
she is grandstanding and she loves the cameras and media attention.......she is the mayor of the capital of P.R., she has a workforce under her, under the government's payroll, she doesn't need to be out there all the time grandstanding. Her job is to manage and delegate and let others do their jobs not act like she has to be everywhere when the cameras are on.

Trump is not "attacking'" Puerto Rico....he is saying the obvious about the politicians in P.R. who are running the show.

if your island has 80% without power that's on your government and the kind of power grid you guys have that it will take longer to fix. What do you want Trump to do, go in person and light a candle for you and hold your hand? tell me what do you want the taxpayers here to do? we already extended more funds for FEMA. This will take time to fix. Meanwhile, go report to your local officials and do other tasks to bring your island back instead of waiting for the federal government to do everything.

be happy you're alive and have internet access to come here and complain about the federal government and the President. What do you expect, you live in islands in the Caribbean that gets hurricanes and tropical storms every year and you choose to take the risks and live there and you got a category 5. You expect for Trump to rebuild your island and put a brand new power grid in 3 weeks and if he doesn't that means he doesn't care?......it doesn't work that way.

At least you are on a tropical island.....try being without gas and electricity in winter in minus zero tempatures up here in the northern states with 4 feet of snow and come back to me about your problems

i
UTTER NONSENSE.

Firstly, your post is full of disrespect for all the local police officers, military servicemembers, firefighters, linemen and other first responders who have been working endlessly in response to both storms.

But how could I forget...it's only disrespectful when a football player takes a knee but ok for you to ignore and discredit their hard work. Beyond disgusting.

The majority of the local police officers and even other first responders have been working +12 hours per day and haven't had one day off since Irma. That includes Puerto Rican Natonal Guard members who cam to assist the VI National Guard after Irma, before Maria even hit them.

Trump is attacking Puerto Ricans and the Mayor who is willing to get down and dirty and help her people. It is utter foolishness.

FACTS ARE FACTS, NOT COMPLAINTS.

Who is waiting on Trump? U.S. Virgin Islanders were out from Day One after Irma and Maria helping ourselves.

Believe it or not, so were Puerto Ricans. In fact, after Irma, Puerto Ricans were helping the USVI, BVI, St. Martin and other islands.

Who expects Trump to rebuild our island and give us whole new power grid? Who is complaning about the federal government and waiting for them to do anything? One of our young linemen just DIED working to restore power. Our people are working on our own island while mainlanders like you make stupid assumptions based your sensational news sources.

Give me a break about snow. I've lived in the States (grew up there) and experienced feet of snow. According to you, Northern states should be more prepared so stop your complaining. That's your so-called logic, not mine. You clearly haven't experienced both.

Your panties are in a bunch because you feel Trump and the feds are above criticism. He is not and rather than engage in tit-for-tat with the Mayor and make slick comments regarding Puerto Rico, he should realize that he is the President of the US Virgin Islands. We have a Governor.

Whether you like it or not, just as we are being responsible by working toward our recovery, the USA bears significant responsibility for the islands it chose to purchase/invade and occupy. Our islands are more than vacation spots. Get over it.

I have given credit where due and criticism where due when it comes to this recovery effort. Both are appropriate.

Last edited by ReineDeCoeur; 10-16-2017 at 01:27 AM..
Rate this post positively

Old 10-16-2017, 01:24 AM

13,913 posts, read 4,572,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
ohhh please, it's 85 degrees in P.R. in a tropical island......try 110 degrees here in the desert in Arizona and Texas.

Fema is in P.R. for weeks so is the Navy, Army and National Guard.....if those people haven't seen the aid then where is the mayor of their town? under a rock?

the fact is they're stealing the aid and government employees and mayors at the local level are not doing their jobs.

but if they have NO POWER, that means they didn't read Trump's tweet that you are taking out of context and that's the least of their concern.
So what? I've lived in Texas and the heat isn't that bad. It's dry heat and doesn't last that long.

Whether people there have received much aid depends on where they are located. It's common sense. Puerto Rico is far larger than the USVI and so it will take longer for them to reach people.

Which government employees aren't doing their jobs? Since you know so much, let us know. In fact, first tell us which government employees are even required to report to work under the current curfew. Then from there, point out which of those reporting aren't doing their jobs.

I'll wait...

Old 10-16-2017, 08:45 AM

22,973 posts, read 24,832,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
UTTER NONSENSE.

Firstly, your post is full of disrespect for all the local police officers, military servicemembers, firefighters, linemen and other first responders who have been working endlessly in response to both storms.

But how could I forget...it's only disrespectful when a football player takes a knee but ok for you to ignore and discredit their hard work. Beyond disgusting.

The majority of the local police officers and even other first responders have been working +12 hours per day and haven't had one day off since Irma. That includes Puerto Rican Natonal Guard members who cam to assist the VI National Guard after Irma, before Maria even hit them.

Trump is attacking Puerto Ricans and the Mayor who is willing to get down and dirty and help her people. It is utter foolishness.

FACTS ARE FACTS, NOT COMPLAINTS.

Who is waiting on Trump? U.S. Virgin Islanders were out from Day One after Irma and Maria helping ourselves.

Believe it or not, so were Puerto Ricans. In fact, after Irma, Puerto Ricans were helping the USVI, BVI, St. Martin and other islands.

Who expects Trump to rebuild our island and give us whole new power grid? Who is complaning about the federal government and waiting for them to do anything? One of our young linemen just DIED working to restore power. Our people are working on our own island while mainlanders like you make stupid assumptions based your sensational news sources.

Give me a break about snow. I've lived in the States (grew up there) and experienced feet of snow. According to you, Northern states should be more prepared so stop your complaining. That's your so-called logic, not mine. You clearly haven't experienced both.

Your panties are in a bunch because you feel Trump and the feds are above criticism. He is not and rather than engage in tit-for-tat with the Mayor and make slick comments regarding Puerto Rico, he should realize that he is the President of the US Virgin Islands. We have a Governor.

Whether you like it or not, just as we are being responsible by working toward our recovery, the USA bears significant responsibility for the islands it chose to purchase/invade and occupy. Our islands are more than vacation spots. Get over it.

I have given credit where due and criticism where due when it comes to this recovery effort. Both are appropriate.
So you are in P.R. right now? You do realize this is the topic of this thread not anywhere else right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.