Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 08:43 AM

16,345 posts, read 18,063,833 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Do you think FEMA should stay there forever?
They stayed in New Orleans and other areas after Katrina for 10 years. They've been in PR what, a month? I wonder why the different standard? 🤔

Old 10-12-2017, 08:44 AM

12,716 posts, read 7,811,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
Trump threatens to pull FEMA from Puerto Rico - ABC15 Arizona

Everyday you think this monster can't get any worse, and yet he does something even more vile. Maybe Trump actually is the anti-Christ.
All the Christians love him and treat him as almost a messiah, but that's mostly because he promised them a white heterosexual Christian male dominated society. Trump has been the final straw that has pushed me to atheism.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:47 AM

18,492 posts, read 9,159,286 times
Quote:
Trump threatens to pull FEMA from Puerto Rico - ABC15 Arizona

Everyday you think this monster can't get any worse, and yet he does something even more vile. Maybe Trump actually is the anti-Christ.
He's playing to his base. He's promising to make black and brown (and Spanish-speaking) people righteously suffer for their supposed laziness.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:50 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by idr591 View Post
Do you think FEMA should stay there forever?
saying:

We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!

is 'threatening to pull FEMA' in the wacky wacky world of the TDS-afflicted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freak80 View Post
He's playing to his base. He's promising to make black and brown (and Spanish-speaking) people righteously suffer for their supposed laziness.
he 'promised' this? where and when?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Houston is about "half brown" and the hardest hit areas even moreso.

The constant need to spin stories to create racism and social division out of thin air gets pretty old.

Trump is a buffoon (in general) but this is just partisan sniping.

I spent 8 years around here defending Obama from the same sort of partisan crap over every little thing so I'm well practiced dealing with it. The OP is just doing what the right wingers did before them.
man, does it ever.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:58 AM

1,239 posts, read 510,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legalsea View Post
I have seen where President Trump has stated that PR had 'major problems' with their infrastructure prior to the storm, which assertion you now repeat.

Can you cite some examples of how it was in PR before the storm?

I will be helpful in stating that 'infrastructure' refers to "the fundamental facilities and systems serving a country, city, or area, as transportation and communication systems, power plants, and schools."

Infrastructure | Define Infrastructure at Dictionary.com

For instance, it is my understanding that PRIOR to the storm 100 percent of the citizens enjoyed electrical power, safe drinking water, and cell phone service. PR had, prior to the storm, a network of roads and bridges that one could travel upon. You had functioning schools, hospitals, and government. You had ports that were open for ships, both cargo and passenger. You had a functioning airport.

Anyway, since Mr. Trump is not here to answer my question, perhaps you would inform me of the state of the infrastructure in PR prior to the storm.
Fantastic post.
Doubt you get any responses.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:01 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,536,243 times
Quote:
Why not? We've kept the military in Afghanistan for 16 years. Trump said he'd stay with Texas and Florida as long as it took for them to rebuild. Why treat PR differently? It's only been 3 weeks.

There is no money in helping people only in war.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 AM

31,304 posts, read 32,883,423 times
Trump isn’t a Christian, he loves his own wealth more and the poor, needy and sick can pull themselves up by their bootstraps (if they have boots!). He has little or no respect for others so why would he help those in PR; he didn’t even know they were citizens and part of the U.S.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:04 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Donny still hasn't gotten over his shock in learning that Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:05 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
saying:

We cannot keep FEMA, the Military & the First Responders, who have been amazing (under the most difficult circumstances) in P.R. forever!

is 'threatening to pull FEMA' in the wacky wacky world of the TDS-afflicted.

he 'promised' this? where and when?

man, does it ever.
Question, did Trump make the same statements about Florida and Texas?

Old 10-12-2017, 09:07 AM

3,519 posts, read 2,822,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Donny still hasn't gotten over his shock in learning that Puerto Rico is an island, surrounded by water.
An ocean. A very large ocean. And, I did not know this until Trump pointed this out, you can not drive to Puuuerto Riiiico either.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies