Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 08:14 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TEPLimey View Post
Except you weren't talking about a repeal or replacement. You asked why Republicans should fix a problem caused by Democrats, which both acknowledges that a fix is available but suggests that the fix should not be implemented for partisan reasons.
No. You're imagining things. Even the Obama Admin admitted it's a poorly written law, in Federal Court. Yet neither he nor the Dems ever tried to do anything to fix it. If they didn't even want to fix it, why should the GOP? Especially when Trump was elected because the all-important middle class voters DON'T want/like Obamacare. It's WAY too costly for them, and they can't afford it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 08:16 AM

9,254 posts, read 3,587,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
From what I understand the EO loosens restrictions on what coverage a person can purchase for themselves. This is pretty much what we had prior to the ACA dictating what we shall have. I fail to see how that is going to cost me more if I can purchase a plan tailored to my individual needs. It may cost those who have great medical issues and expenditures or want others to pay for their health costs.
With the caveat that I haven't studied the new plan to definitively conclude that it will definitively raise costs for some while reducing cost for others, allowing younger people to buy minimalist coverage will dilute the revenue needed to support lower-cost coverage for older people. I'm not saying I'm for or against it, I'm just sharing the rationale.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:23 AM

Quote:
With the caveat that I haven't studied the new plan to definitively conclude that it will definitively raise costs for some while reducing cost for others, allowing younger people to buy minimalist coverage will dilute the revenue needed to support lower-cost coverage for older people.
The young and the healthy aren't buying Obamacare, anyway. It's too costly. They're paying the fine. And frequently that doesn't even happen. If you owe taxes when filing your 1040 instead of getting a refund, there's no way for the Fed Gov to collect the Obamacare fine. They can only deduct it from a tax refund.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No. You're imagining things. Even the Obama Admin admitted it's a poorly written law, in Federal Court. Yet neither he nor the Dems ever tried to do anything to fix it. If they didn't even want to fix it, why should the GOP? Especially when Trump was elected because the all-important middle class voters DON'T want/like Obamacare. It's WAY too costly for them, and they can't afford it.
I'm not imagining things. When someone pointed out that Republicans have an opportunity to approve the unfunded ACA payments through legislation, your responses were as follows:

"If the Dems wouldn't do it when they passed Obamacare, why should the GOP do it now?" link

"Why should [Republican legislators] fix Obama's, Pelosi's, and Reid's mistake?" link

and "It's Obama and the Dems that failed to fund it . . . That's on them." link

I didn't imagine anything. Those are your words. Your position was that Republicans should not repair the legislation because the Democrats made a mistake and the Republicans should force Americans to live with said mistake in order to exact political retribution.

You didn't start bleating "ACA bad, no ACA good" until I pointed out how cynical and pathetic it is to encourage a refusal to fix what you call a "mistake" in prior legislation merely to stick it to the other political party.

Putting party before country. Un-American indeed.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:27 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,493,779 times
Trump's healthcare EO is MAGA alright. Making Americans Go Away ...permanently! Trump's Death Panel!

Old 10-13-2017, 08:32 AM

Quote:
I'm not imagining things.
Were you really NOT paying attention to WHY Trump was elected? He promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. And that's what the middle class voters needed because they were getting reamed with insurance premiums and deductibles they can't afford. That's NOT a partisan issue. It's a family household budget issue.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Were you really NOT paying attention to WHY Trump was elected? He promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. And that's what the middle class voters needed because they were getting reamed with insurance premiums and deductibles they can't afford. That's NOT a partisan issue. It's a family household budget issue.
I'm not talking about your speculation on why each individual voter voted the way they did. I'm talking about your gross viewpoint that Republicans should abstain from passing legislation to repair other legislation in order to stick it to Democrats - a point from which you continue to deflect.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:44 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,828,130 times
Quote:
Were you really NOT paying attention to WHY Trump was elected? He promised to repeal and replace Obamacare. ... [/b]
So where is the replacement he promised that is better, more affordable, and covers more people?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:45 AM

Quote:
I'm not talking about your speculation on why each individual voter voted the way they did. I'm talking about your gross viewpoint that Republicans should abstain from passing legislation to repair other legislation in order to stick it to Democrats - a point from which you continue to deflect.
That's not the point. NEITHER political party wanted to fix it. Dems didn't. The GOP doesn't. Congress is NOT going to do what NEITHER side of the aisle wants to do. Period. What are you NOT understanding about that?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:46 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
The pathetic thing is, his moron supporters will blame Obamacare/Dems for this, despite it being 100% Trump destroying their healthcare.
Hahahahaha.

The Deplorables argument yet again.

You lost just like Hillary.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies