Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-13-2017, 08:46 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
Trump just found a way to turn his own base against him and he is so dumb he is taking as much credit as he can for his new cross state borders EO.

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/vi...alth_care.html

If somehow he manages to force it in, Blue states will simply add laws requiring min standards and thus the Red states will see older and existing condition folks crushed under increasing Healthcare insurance costs.

the key reason for the increased costs on Red state folk, will be the new pools it creates. For them it will be the bad old days all over again...
What people who support this fail to realize is that everybody's premiums are going up, not just the ones targeted. In some cases this EO will cause a direct 20% bump, which will make insurance unaffordable for those who need it the most.

If it becomes unaffordable, it will not be purchased, which will cause a decrease in insurance company revenue, which means that in order to satisfy Wall Street the CEOs wil raise everyone's rates to make up the difference. The whole affair is nothing but a giveaway to the insurance companies, at the expense of the general public.

In short, we need to elect representatives from now on who will support Universal Health care and remove private insurance completely from the equation.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 08:47 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The young and the healthy aren't buying Obamacare, anyway. It's too costly. They're paying the fine. And frequently that doesn't even happen. If you owe taxes when filing your 1040 instead of getting a refund, there's no way for the Fed Gov to collect the Obamacare fine. They can only deduct it from a tax refund.
They don't even have to pay the fine now.

Trump eliminated the personal mandate back in January. He did this by ordering the IRS to stop collecting the fines.

Obamacare is being dismantled by Trump. Just like he promised.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:48 AM

89,006 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
So where is the replacement he promised that is better, more affordable, and covers more people?
He just now said in his appearance today that he's going to have to do it in steps. The EO he signed is the first step. And it's a HUGE one. It significantly helps those who will no longer have to pay for coverage they don't need.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,624,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
What people who support this fail to realize is that everybody's premiums are going up, not just the ones targeted. In some cases this EO will cause a direct 20% bump, which will make insurance unaffordable for those who need it the most.
How silly. Rates here in NC, where there is a single insurer, went up 120% in 3 years. Your post is nonsense.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:49 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
I will reserve judgement until I see what my numbers are going to look like for next year, and I will sign up at the last possible second. I think the next couple of months are going to be interesting.

If I don't like the numbers, I'll just go back to not having insurance. I pretty much got everything checked out this year as far as blood tests and so on, and I don't take any prescriptions or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The young and the healthy aren't buying Obamacare, anyway. It's too costly. They're paying the fine. And frequently that doesn't even happen. If you owe taxes when filing your 1040 instead of getting a refund, there's no way for the Fed Gov to collect the Obamacare fine. They can only deduct it from a tax refund.
I never paid the fine anyway I just fudged my taxes. I think I maybe gave them 50 dollars one year just to make it look kinda better. I don't know of anyone the IRS actually went after for not paying the fine.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
They don't even have to pay the fine now.

Trump eliminated the personal mandate back in January. He did this by ordering the IRS to stop collecting the fines.

Obamacare is being dismantled by Trump. Just like he promised.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:52 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,862,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Where did you see this?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:53 AM

6,957 posts, read 8,491,775 times
Quote:
Hahahahaha.

The Deplorables argument yet again.

You lost just like Hillary.
Your defense of Trump's healthcare EO is indefensible. Next, will you tell us that Trump's dumps are Chocolates from God?

Old 10-13-2017, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I never paid the fine anyway I just fudged my taxes. I think I maybe gave them 50 dollars one year just to make it look kinda better. I don't know of anyone the IRS actually went after for not paying the fine.
That's actually pretty easy to do, and most people who opted out of O-ripoff-care did the same thing. Claim fewer dependents on your W-4, end up owing the IRS at tax time, and voilà, no penalty.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:55 AM

37,170 posts, read 19,194,865 times
Quote:
How silly. Rates here in NC, where there is a single insurer, went up 120% in 3 years. Your post is nonsense.
Not because of the ACA. That is strictly the greed of the CEO.

Come back next year and let us know how much your premium increased, whether you rely on the ACA or not.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies