Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-13-2017, 06:43 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times

Advertisements

Name one war where us fighting it literally meant if we didn't fight it we would have been conquered and not allowed to vote or have our rights. The only one I can think of is our fight to become independent against Britain. No soldier alive today has literally fought for our freedom. All the other wars were us fighting on foreign soil usually imposing our belief system and political system on them (Iraq,Afghanistan,Vietnam).
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2017, 06:45 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Name one war where us fighting it literally meant if we didn't fight it we would have been conquered and not allowed to vote or have our rights. The only one I can think of is our fight to become independent against Britain. All the other wars were us fighting on foreign soil usually imposing our belief system and political system on them (Iraq,Afghanistan,Vietnam).
  • World War II - More than 2400 Americans killed and 1200 more wounded in the initial attack on the state of Hawaii.
Case closed

/thread

(I blame it on the US Department of Education)

Old 10-13-2017, 06:50 AM

4,418 posts, read 2,944,112 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
  • WWII - More than 2400 Americans killed and 1200 more wounded in the initial attack on the state of Hawaii.
Case closed

/thread

(I blame it on the Department of Education)
"WRONG!!!

Japan intended the attack as a preventive action to keep the U.S. Pacific Fleet from interfering with military actions they planned in Southeast Asia against overseas territories of the United Kingdom, the Netherlands, and the United States.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Attack_on_Pearl_Harbor

Old 10-13-2017, 08:05 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
  • World War II - More than 2400 Americans killed and 1200 more wounded in the initial attack on the state of Hawaii.
Case closed

/thread

Roosevelts sanctions baited the japanese to attack. Roosevelt desperately wanted a reason to enter the war.
If we would have stayed neutral the japanese would have had no reason to attack us.
Of course this isnt the version of events govt schools teach.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:10 AM

17,440 posts, read 9,268,656 times
Quote:

They actually used to teach Civics and History in our schools.
Now they just promote Anti-American Leftist Talking Points.
Schools are Political Arms of the Left, just as the Media is.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
Govt schools have never been about the truth...look they still teach that the civil war was about slavery

Old 10-13-2017, 08:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harpoonharry View Post
This point is arguable and no evidence to support it. But even if its true, everyone knew if England collapsed it would be up to the US to do it mostly alone. And with no UK stepping stone to continental Europe it would be very difficult. You people who want to make the US to be the bad guy make me sick.
Apologists for war make me sick.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibby View Post
That's a load of baloney. I know a bunch of kids who could prove you wrong.

I don't know who you hang out with -- but they aren't representative of ALL.

This one OP is not representative of a group of people -- it's one person's view.

GEt over it.

Old 10-13-2017, 08:17 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,283 times
The argument could be made that WW2 was fought for freedom, although it's difficult since many righties claim Stalin was far worse than Hitler and he took over many countries Hitler occupied.

Nevertheless, there has be no war the US has engaged in the past 70 years that has been fought to preserve our freedom. Besides, in the vast majority of oppression throughout world history, the oppression almost always comes from within

If the US ever becomes oppressive, it will be at the hands of other Americans

Old 10-13-2017, 08:19 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,161,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Berteau View Post
Name one war where us fighting it literally meant if we didn't fight it we would have been conquered and not allowed to vote or have our rights. The only one I can think of is our fight to become independent against Britain. No soldier alive today has literally fought for our freedom. All the other wars were us fighting on foreign soil usually imposing our belief system and political system on them (Iraq,Afghanistan,Vietnam).
And let hitler take over the world?.. we should act like a bunch of wimps .. we have already been invaded by a bunch of illegals robbing Americans with cheap labor and low wages. Obama the wimp.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies