Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-27-2017, 07:29 AM

88,964 posts, read 44,771,250 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
I lose 1/4 of every check to taxes and benefits and still owe at tax time generally, so my total tax layout every year has to be between $10 and $15k
That's very little. I had been paying in the mid 6 figures for decades before I got fed up with the tax slavery BS, shuttered my business (professional services, so not all that much to write off), laid off my employees, and retired early.

I'm not funding the repugnant and immoral confiscation and redistribution scheme anymore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Only in the USA is it spun that helping the poor is immoral land licking the boots of the rich is good. Our society is so backwards.
No one is licking anyone's boots. Personal responsibility = personal reward. Lack of personal responsibility = personal hardship and struggle. It's not rocket science.

If I (as one person) only had to pay $10-$15K/year instead of mid 6 figures, I'd be fine with that. Make it so. That's approximately the per capita cost of Fed Gov.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:35 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,937,901 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Personal responsibility = personal reward. Lack of personal responsibility = personal hardship and struggle.
Thats a fallacy plenty of people work very hard and get nothing hence why I advocate for things like universal healthcare and other moderate reforms.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:38 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
Thats a fallacy plenty of people work very hard and get nothing hence why I advocate for things like universal healthcare and other moderate reforms.
^This, not everyone can be a computer programmer or investment banker just by simple logic, so the ones who don't work in those professions shouldn't get left with squat...

Old 10-27-2017, 07:41 AM

Quote:
They may "believe" they're working hard. But if their labor actually had value to society, they'd be earning a lot more.

Same concept: If society actually valued artificially financially supporting others, they'd do it via voluntary donations.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:43 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,585,101 times
Quote:
They may "believe" they're working hard. But if their labor actually had value to society, they'd be earning a lot more.
You fail to realize that the division of labor is stratified and that not everyone can work the high value jobs, because even if they were all qualified, then the value of those jobs would diminish due to oversupply of labor AND the low value jobs would go unfilled.....

Old 10-27-2017, 07:46 AM

Quote:

Same concept: If society actually valued artificially financially supporting others, they'd do it via voluntary donations.
Ah Elitism

Old 10-27-2017, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
You fail to realize that the division of labor is stratified and that not everyone can work the high value jobs, because even if they were all qualified, then the value of those jobs would diminish due to oversupply of labor AND the low value jobs would go unfilled.....
Just like not everyone can have the same lifestyle. Why don't YOU and other pie in the sky money grubbing lefties realize that?

And if what you suggest happened, that would then increase the value of the currently low value jobs, which would still need to be done, so those workers would earn more.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Ah Elitism
Personal responsibility is not elitism. Feeling entitled to more than one has earned merely because one exists is delusional.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:55 AM

Quote:
Just like not everyone can have the same lifestyle. Why don't YOU and other pie in the sky money grubbing lefties realize that?

And if what you suggest happened, that would then increase the value of the currently low value jobs, which would still need to be done, so those workers would earn more.
No one is arguing for the same lifestyle just a better one. Thats what you don't get universal healthcare uplifts everyone it doesn't give everyone the same lifestyle. No one is arguing to get rid of capitalism.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies