Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-12-2017, 09:20 AM

10,735 posts, read 4,338,237 times

Advertisements

President Trump continues to put America First-

"Today they are free. This is a positive moment for our country's relationship with Pakistan," President Donald Trump said in a statement Thursday. "The Pakistani government's cooperation is a sign that it is honoring America's wishes for it to do more to provide security in the region."

"Something happened today, where a country that totally disrespected us called with some very, very important news," Trump said Wednesday. "And one of my generals came in. They said, 'You know, I have to tell you, a year ago they would've never done that.' It was a great sign of respect. You'll probably be hearing about it over the next few days. But this is a country that did not respect us. This is a country that respects us now. The world is starting to respect us again, believe me."

American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2017, 09:48 AM

833 posts, read 520,418 times
Barack had to pay millions to get our people back. Show's just how much the world respected that 8 Year Charade vs. our current President.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:34 AM

18,722 posts, read 7,601,368 times
Good job.

No how many others are being held there? They're next.

Old 10-12-2017, 11:36 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,000,087 times
Um hang on -- this is a Canadian family -- and while the USA worked with Canada, Afghanistan & Pakistan -- only Trump takes full credit.
Canadian man, family held captive by Taliban-linked group for 5 years released - World - CBC News

Old 10-12-2017, 04:07 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,481,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Um hang on -- this is a Canadian family -- and while the USA worked with Canada, Afghanistan & Pakistan -- only Trump takes full credit.
Canadian man, family held captive by Taliban-linked group for 5 years released - World - CBC News
That's not unique to Trump sadly. Remember the Iranian Affair and the movie Argo?

Old 10-12-2017, 05:15 PM

3,519 posts, read 2,821,048 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
President Trump continues to put America First-

"Today they are free. This is a positive moment for our country's relationship with Pakistan," President Donald Trump said in a statement Thursday. "The Pakistani government's cooperation is a sign that it is honoring America's wishes for it to do more to provide security in the region."

"Something happened today, where a country that totally disrespected us called with some very, very important news," Trump said Wednesday. "And one of my generals came in. They said, 'You know, I have to tell you, a year ago they would've never done that.' It was a great sign of respect. You'll probably be hearing about it over the next few days. But this is a country that did not respect us. This is a country that respects us now. The world is starting to respect us again, believe me."

American Caitlan Coleman, family freed from Afghanistan captors | Fox News
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Gee, moneill's link seems to say that Pakistan played a key role:

"Earlier in the day, The Associated Press reported that U.S. officials said Pakistan had secured the release of a Canadian, his American wife and their three children"

Sorry, the world did not hate Obama that much and does not love Trump that much. And you can tell it's a lie because of Trump's tell - he ended what he said with the phrase "believe me".

Old 10-12-2017, 05:18 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,780,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Jedd View Post
Gee, moneill's link seems to say that Pakistan played a key role:

"Earlier in the day, The Associated Press reported that U.S. officials said Pakistan had secured the release of a Canadian, his American wife and their three children"

Sorry, the world did not hate Obama that much and does not love Trump that much. And you can tell it's a lie because of Trump's tell - he ended what he said with the phrase "believe me".
Yes, the US military was surprised when the Pakistanis said they had them. Also, if they had come out when Obama was CiC, I wonder if you would have wondered aloud why they had children while in captivity, or why the husband fears arrest if he flies and American flagged carrier.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:22 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,807,837 times
I do not think the US nor anyone should have lifted a finger for those idiots.

Old 10-12-2017, 05:36 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,833,054 times
Oh my, and THE SUN CAME UP THIS MORNING !!!!!! Thank you Donald Trump ! Without you, this never would have happened a year ago !!

Old 10-12-2017, 05:40 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Ok--who goes 'hiking' in Afghanistan? And if they are so grateful to the US, why did they turn down the offer of a US lift home? US offered to transport them by military and they said no. Interesting.

And since we're assuming Trump is responsible for everything that happens, when is he taking credit for the four soldiers he allowed to be ambushed and killed in Niger?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies