Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2017, 05:21 PM

30,639 posts, read 18,235,725 times

Advertisements

Just got through reading a note and the ensuing comments (which were rather interesting to say the least) of an acquaintance on a certain social media site that will go unnamed. This acquaintance mentioned that she was canceling her flight to Detroit to attend the Women's Convention because she was disgusted that convention organizers had decided to feature/keynote Bernie Sanders on their opening day. She believes that the speaker should've been Hillary Clinton or at least another woman, and called Sanders anti-woman for daring to stay in the race, thereby costing a woman (i.e. Hillary) the chance to become president by further damaging her in the court of public opinion; and for Sanders daring to mention that Hillary should stop trying to court voters because of her gender (she called such language from Sanders sexist ). Note, the acquaintance posting this is a woman with two Ivy League degrees and who currently works for a multi-national banking corporation.

Not only is this woman wrong about the facts of the convention (the keynote is actually Maxine Waters, which is even more of a disgrace in my eyes, and Hillary WAS invited to the convention . . . the speaking fees probably weren't high enough for her, though, which is why she didn't RSVP), but she has shown herself to be just like far too many other "feminists" who are disgraces to the term in that they are male-haters and extremely irrational. Her post would've been more amusing if she wasn't so dead serious. Sadly, I find this type of thinking to be far too common among many leftist women that I meet. Still, I'll take this infighting as it'll be one more reason why the left isn't able to win back many of the white working class voters (or any voters with a shred of sense) they lost to President Trump.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2017, 05:31 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,846,967 times
And this affects you how...........

Old 10-14-2017, 05:38 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by prospectheightsresident View Post
Just got through reading a note and the ensuing comments (which were rather interesting to say the least) of an acquaintance on a certain social media site that will go unnamed. This acquaintance mentioned that she was canceling her flight to Detroit to attend the Women's Convention because she was disgusted that convention organizers had decided to feature/keynote Bernie Sanders on their opening day. She believes that the speaker should've been Hillary Clinton or at least another woman, and called Sanders anti-woman for daring to stay in the race, thereby costing a woman (i.e. Hillary) the chance to become president by further damaging her in the court of public opinion; and for Sanders daring to mention that Hillary should stop trying to court voters because of her gender (she called such language from Sanders sexist ). Note, the acquaintance posting this is a woman with two Ivy League degrees and who currently works for a multi-national banking corporation.

Not only is this woman wrong about the facts of the convention (the keynote is actually Maxine Waters, which is even more of a disgrace in my eyes, and Hillary WAS invited to the convention . . . the speaking fees probably weren't high enough for her, though, which is why she didn't RSVP), but she has shown herself to be just like far too many other "feminists" who are disgraces to the term in that they are male-haters and extremely irrational. Her post would've been more amusing if she wasn't so dead serious. Sadly, I find this type of thinking to be far too common among many leftist women that I meet. Still, I'll take this infighting as it'll be one more reason why the left isn't able to win back many of the white working class voters (or any voters with a shred of sense) they lost to President Trump.
It isn't Bernie over Hillary -- it is a man over a woman.

At a woman's conference the keynote speaker should be a strong woman.

Thanks for your opinion though.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

No, it was both. She and others were upset that they thought Bernie was the keynote over Hillary, in part because he was a man (so, what? He has a great record of supporting women) and because they feel he harmed her chances to be the first female POTUS (how dare a man challenge Hillary for the presidency ). When informed that Bernie was not, in fact, the keynote (that's Maxine Waters), they still continued to express their distaste that a man, and particularly Bernie Sanders given his other "sins" as mentioned previously, was even speaking. But, hey, insanity like this is exactly why your side will continue to struggle at the ballot box outside of the most leftist areas.

Old 10-14-2017, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
And this affects you how...........
Apart from being a good laugh, this kind of thinking affects us all as it ensures that a certain political identity/message remain anathema to scores of working class individuals.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:53 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,368,921 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post

Assuming genders?

I thought that was a violation of the SJW handbook?

Old 10-15-2017, 01:57 AM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,696 times
Bernie is more left than Hillary, way more left, why would the left be upset about this?

I could see Hillary supporters being upset about this, but that's not quite the same as the left, then again you consider multinational bankers to be part of the left.

Whatever

Old 10-15-2017, 02:24 AM

4,019 posts, read 3,953,588 times
Hillary supporters or Trump supporters? Can't decide who are the bigger morons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies