Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM

17,717 posts, read 13,524,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So how would a change to a two party system be a net gain? Do you want coalition governments like Italy has? How has that worked out? I dislike both parties, and think we need term limits, and to get rid of the career politician that only thinks about their own power, and re-election.

This country isn't getting any better with the system that's in place now It's pretty much stayed the same I think Trump will make things worse but that's not the point I'm trying to make here. Yes, I agree about term limits myself and getting rid of those who have been in office WAY to long.

Yet, again we've haven't got much done with the way things are now more things need to change I remember once asking why can't we have a president from one party and a vice president from another.
Force them to work together something has to change.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 01:41 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,250,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave New World View Post
That's fine he's not going to.

Still expecting massive protests though.

Britain will greet Trump with our biggest ever carnival against hatred - Guardian
Trump's ego cannot take a big protest and he will hate the way it appears. Appearances are everything to him.

I think he'll avoid going or will sneak in and out.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:48 PM

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Who knows if she will still be alive then?

Old 10-15-2017, 01:49 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,582,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Who knows if she will still be alive then?
Who knows if any of us will?

Old 10-15-2017, 01:51 PM

10,420 posts, read 10,822,779 times
I thought Queen had disbanded upon Freddie's demise.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:00 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
I think people here are giving the Queen to much power in deciding who gets a state visit and who does not. State visits to the UK are decided by the Foreign and Commonwealth office.

She just shows up and does the glamour bit.

Now, whether or not the Foreign and Commonwealth office got some unusually strong feedback from the Royal Family is unclear.
Extraordinary times calls for extraordinary measures, as they say.

My gut feeling as time went on, and the feelings of the public in the UK became better known i.e. petition, they decided to show Trump the side door instead of the front door to avoid embarrassing The Queen and frankly embarrassing the UK. Giving him a big state visit is tantamount to agreeing with him.

Old 10-15-2017, 02:02 PM

18,504 posts, read 15,536,880 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pretzelogik View Post
I thought Queen had disbanded upon Freddie's demise.
Now you are talking about REAL royalty!

Old 10-15-2017, 02:41 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,442,962 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
No tea with the Queen, no ride in that gold-plated carriage, no banquet at Buckingham Palace, and I'm guessing no photo op with Princess Charlotte either.

Trump wants gold-plated carriage ride with Queen during UK visit: report | TheHill
He'll see this as a snub..and cancel.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:04 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,641,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I guess you all forgot about this:

President Barack Obama is headed to London next month, and the Queen of England is refusing to travel to London to meet with him!
The Queen Of England Just SLAMMED Obama In A BIG WAY!
this is an interesting post.

when the queen doesn't meet with Obama, that means he's getting SLAMMED!

when the queen doesn't meet with tRump, it means nothing!

cons so happy when the queen doesn't meet Obama; cons say 'who cares?' when she doesn't meet with 45.

Old 10-15-2017, 03:18 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,889,678 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vragen View Post
It’s hard for me to envision Trump at Buckingham Palace. His character seems to resemble an irreverent American tourist more than a respectable leader.
He's white trash with money.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies