Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 12:24 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It's clear that you know nothing of Jesus' teachings. He did indeed teach us to judge, but not hypocritically. One can't be an adulterer and then try to judge a homosexual. Jesus taught us to get the sin out of our lives, then we can see clearly to help others to get the sin out of their lives. Sin = death. It's a living death in the flames of hell. California is a glimpse of it.

With that said, don't think that I condemn anyone because Jesus said that whoever does not believe in Him is condemned already. Jesus said:

John 3
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
I was brought up in a religious home and I know plenty of his teachings. That being said you are officially on ignore.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Gov. Jerry Brown said that "we are in a battle with nature". No, Mr. Brown, you are in a battle with the God of the Bible. After decades of decadence, it's time to pay the credit card bill. Sin is never free.
Wow, Your imaginary man in the sky sounds like a real as*hole. Are you a member of the Westborough Church, by any chance?

Old 10-15-2017, 12:25 PM

41,479 posts, read 59,771,962 times
Some people believe in a god of love and healing. Others believe in one of discipline, judgment and cruel punishment. All seem to think that behavior must be controlled and belief has to be forced.

I do not believe in either. I believe we are living in a completely indifferent universe that follows its own rules regardless of what people may or may not believe. That universe has created an ecosystem dominated by fire whenever enough fuel has collected and the winds are strong and very dry.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:26 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Wow, Your god sounds like a real as*hole. Are you a member of the Westborough Church, by any chance?
I am curious what kind of nonsense this poster will be spewing 25 years from now after multiple failures by his God to destroy our world.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:29 PM

8,059 posts, read 3,943,773 times
Trump did address the California fires (on Oct 10th).

CNN apparently did not get the "Trump is an uncaring bastard" narrative memo, since they appear to be the only media to report Trumps condolences:

Trump vows US will 'stand with' Californians during wildfires

Now this begs the question... why did no other media see fit to report Trumps message to Californians???

Old 10-15-2017, 12:32 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,257,063 times
Quote:
It's clear that you know nothing of Jesus' teachings. He did indeed teach us to judge, but not hypocritically. One can't be an adulterer and then try to judge a homosexual. Jesus taught us to get the sin out of our lives, then we can see clearly to help others to get the sin out of their lives. Sin = death. It's a living death in the flames of hell. California is a glimpse of it.

With that said, don't think that I condemn anyone because Jesus said that whoever does not believe in Him is condemned already. Jesus said:

John 3
[17] For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
[18] He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
[19] And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
[20] For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
So the innocent non-sinners (or infants) who have died in the fires are simply God's collateral damage?

You seriously are not helping the religious hypocrites' cause.

In fact, you appear to be arguing that there is no God and I agree.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:34 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,908,243 times
Quote:

John 3
If there is a Biblical God (I believe in the concept of something bigger than us, not sure it is a white-haired man in the sky, though), judgement resides only with God.

The fact that you think you can judge other humans is a hubris.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage...atthew%207:1-6

Old 10-15-2017, 12:34 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,292,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
They must be reading a different bible than the one I read growing up.

Disgusting to see people on here delighting over the deaths of fellow Americans.
Its how republicans think.Screw those in need because i'm all right Jack. or why should my taxes pay for your misfortunes..Compassionless bunch for them its all about me/myself and I.

Old 10-15-2017, 12:36 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,161 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
You seem to take great delight in this notion.

If I believed that God was anything at all like what you describe, I would choose to burn rather than spend a single nanosecond in his presence.
Sure. It's easy to play sofa chair rebel. You'd be terrified is that blazing inferno called hell. Jesus described it as so.

Quote:
If you really want people to love God, the best thing you could probably do is just stop talking.
The love of God is to love the truth. It's not a false love that you present. Fact is, Jesus said that hell was so bad that:

Mark 9
[43] And if thy hand offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter into life maimed, than having two hands to go into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[44] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[45] And if thy foot offend thee, cut it off: it is better for thee to enter halt into life, than having two feet to be cast into hell, into the fire that never shall be quenched:
[46] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.
[47] And if thine eye offend thee, pluck it out: it is better for thee to enter into the kingdom of God with one eye, than having two eyes to be cast into hell fire:
[48] Where their worm dieth not, and the fire is not quenched.

Old 10-15-2017, 01:17 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,274,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
If you were a real Christian, you wouldn't judge people. That is God's work.

And you call yourself a Christian...
I'm conservative and I hate it when the religious kooks come out whenever there's a disaster, natural or otherwise. The loonies have been predicting the end of the world since I was a small child. The religious far right has been in decline for many years and there's a good reason for it. It's not about being a Christian. It's about thinking you have a monopoly on Christianity and thinking your brand is the only one that counts.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies