Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 01:44 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,821 times

Advertisements

Well.. I gotta say... this dude loses my respect time and time again.. Here we have people losing jobs, houses, cant get loans, businesses slowing way the heck down.. and he says "we arent going into a recession". Can I get a break here? I say impeach MOD CUT! (okay this may be a little harsh but what the hey!)

Heck I know I am feeling the effects by the loss of business. I am sure there are other people who are feeling it as well.. Banks are getting ready to lose big money because no one can make their house payments.. and in turn that will affect who? Us, of course. Just watching the news these days makes you want to go hang yourself.

Now they are talking about shutting down giving loans out for student loans.. what next? Consumers are paying of credit cards before their houses.. and just letting their houses go because they KNOW they are going to lose it anyway.. Wow .. some people are definitly in a pickle.. and heck if the business keeps going the way it is going... I may be in the same pickle jar! I see the effects of it on my bottom line already!

Last edited by NewToCA; 03-02-2008 at 04:09 PM.. Reason: language
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-02-2008, 02:04 PM

11,578 posts, read 13,952,362 times
Yes. Its all GW's fault that idiots went out and bought houses they cannot afford and live way beyond their means. How about people start taking some of the blame for where they are at today.

I've done GREAT the last 7 years.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:11 PM

30,976 posts, read 21,646,641 times
I've done OK and still am. However, I don't appreciate my hard earned tax dollars going off to a war in Iraq that Bush should have never started. We need the trillion$ that the war is costing to stay at here at home to fix up the aging infrastructure and to promote the general public good.

Anyway, we had a chance to get rid of Bush when he ran for reelection in 2004, but we the people absolutely refused to hold his responsible for his misdeeds, lack of good judgement and misdirection. It's time to forget about impeaching Bush and concentrate on not letting the Republicans back in the Whitehouse when voting time comes again in November. If we once again absolutely refuse to hold Republicans for bad government, then they will take it as permission to keep dishing it out to us.

Old 03-02-2008, 02:18 PM

69,368 posts, read 64,128,317 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Man in SATX View Post
Now they are talking about shutting down giving loans out for student loans.. what next?
Please point out in the Constitution, or the Bill or rights, where the government even has the authority to take someones tax dollars, by force, under threat of jail, for the purpose of giving it to someone else for anything, even school loans..

Old 03-02-2008, 02:39 PM

108 posts, read 351,235 times
the reason people are losing their homes is that they took on loans that they couldn't afford. many of the loans being defaulted on were stated income loans, where a person got to tell the loan people how much they made and the loan agency would accept that stament, so a person could get a loan that didn't have a chance in hell being payed off.

and BTW, it isn't all just republicans making bad decisions in Washington, the Dem's are doing a pretty good job of trying to give our tax dollars away to people who haven't done anything but expect others to take care of them. I, personally, am sick and tired of having some bleeding heart tell me i need to send them more money to take care of people too lazy to work, illegals who don't have medical insurance, etc. there are too many to list, but you get the idea.

to try to stick ALL of this at the feet of POTUS is assinine. he has had plenty of help on both sides of the aisle

Old 03-02-2008, 02:39 PM

2,137 posts, read 3,860,163 times
I broke my fingernail.

George Bush...that bastard!

Sarcasm aside, not everyone agrees we are in a recession YET. Would it do you any good if Pres. Bush started a lip quivering riff about the horrid economy and used the "R" word? If you think he should have yesterday, do you think he should have 2 weeks ago? 3 weeks ago? 5 weeks ago?

The POTUS has to keep a grip and not fall into emotionalism.

If the numbers keep adding up, believe me, he will address the issue.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:04 PM

1,999 posts, read 1,664,384 times
It's his fault I have double my 401k from 2001 to now.

The doubling of my 401k is all his fault.

My current home I built in 2005 is worth 2 times its value and I have a buyer the minute I want to head to Florida.

I sold a house in 2005 for 350k that I bought in 2001 for 150k. Too bad many others got greedy and didnt know to sell at the peak.

That Bush has caused me to be able to retire at age 49

His damn tax cuts hurt me to because it put more money in my pocket that I didnt need.

Because of him my family is safer. We were scared in the 1990's because of all the attacks we had.

Because of him I have a record low interest rate on my mortgage when I know my parents mortgage rate in 1977 was 16%.

Its all his fault, he has caused me great harm. I wont give this man credit for anything that is good in my life.

Because of him my younger daughter is getting a much better education then my older daughter who was in school during the depression of the 90's.

Because of him I was able to get more raises on my paycheck when I had to take concessions in the 1990's.

Because of his morals, his planning and his leadership I can now say YES WE DID !

** Because of him people have been held accountable for themselves for one in many years, witness the mortgage problems, stupid people went out a borrowed more then their house was worth, blew the money and now want those of us who didnt make a mistake to bail them out.

Damn GW anyway, global freezing is it fault too.

Old 03-02-2008, 03:13 PM

155 posts, read 373,264 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ThAdam View Post
the reason people are losing their homes is that they took on loans that they couldn't afford. many of the loans being defaulted on were stated income loans, where a person got to tell the loan people how much they made and the loan agency would accept that stament, so a person could get a loan that didn't have a chance in hell being payed off.

and BTW, it isn't all just republicans making bad decisions in Washington, the Dem's are doing a pretty good job of trying to give our tax dollars away to people who haven't done anything but expect others to take care of them. I, personally, am sick and tired of having some bleeding heart tell me i need to send them more money to take care of people too lazy to work, illegals who don't have medical insurance, etc. there are too many to list, but you get the idea.

to try to stick ALL of this at the feet of POTUS is assinine. he has had plenty of help on both sides of the aisle
Agree 100%

Old 03-02-2008, 03:25 PM

2,438 posts, read 7,013,821 times
Haa.. didnt say it was his fault for this crap.. I said he doesnt realize what the heck is going on... For him to sit there and say basically.. "we are okay".. really.. we arent okay. And I am sure you all got your cash now.. but try and do that stuff now.. I dont think your 150k house will go for 350k now... With the current conditions and the slow down in the house selling market.. sure your value may be 350 k.. but will you get it? If you do.. that is nice for your pocket.. but I know there are a lot of people out there that are not able to capitlize on it. What all of you are talking about is fine and dandy.. however .. even though an individual did not do their homework on their loan and are now unable to pay their mortgage.. (yeah its their fault) who is paying for their mistake? You and I will.. by way of the way the economy is going. For those of you who are employed by someone.. that could mean loss of job.. or for those of us self employed.. we get less work .. because there is less money going out.. due to the one up there.. loss of job. It is a vicious cycle..

And George Bush sits there and has no clue..

Old 03-02-2008, 03:27 PM

4,410 posts, read 6,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floridabound09 View Post
Because of him my family is safer. We were scared in the 1990's because of all the attacks we had.

Because of his morals, his planning and his leadership I can now say YES WE DID !
Where did you live that you were attacked throughout the 1990's?

Morals? GWB has morals? The guy doesn't even go to church and feels nothing about killing innocent civilians, but God forbid someone in Africa has an abortion!

Planning? Every business he attended to failed. Are you saying he planned to be the worst president we ever had, that he planned to lead us into a bankrupt police state?

Leadership? The man still hasn't learned the word is NUCLEAR, not NUCULAR. Is this the kind of man one turns to as an example of leadership?

I'm glad you've had a nice time for the last 7 years. In that time, I retired at 43 and now work when I want. I sold at the peak because I knew housing was insane. I attribute none of my luck/success to GWB and none of it to any other president. Perhaps unlike you, finance/economics is not how I measure my life.

With GWB and people from both parties over the last quarter century or more, I now have no guarantee of freedom (habeas corpus anyone?), no certainty on where my country's borders will be (NAU, anyone?) , and no hope for a future without bludgeoning debt. I'm dumping my increasingly worthless dollars and if I could convince my family to join me, I'd be in another country.

Despite this dire situation, the saddest thing is that GWB still has supporters and apologists. A real moral leader would have the guts to stop the bleeding, not lie to us as we roll into surgery.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies