Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 06:37 AM

36,505 posts, read 30,847,571 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am fine with putting them in prison if they don't get the abortion. These sorts of drug addicts are not that bright so a lot of them will think they will get clean long enough to have the kid and fail and end up in jail anyways. You all do not know how junkies think.
These sorts of drug addicts?
You realize that the majority of opiate addicts today started out just normal folks like you and I who perhaps had an injury and was prescribed opiates for pain by doctors who were uninformed or careless or uncaring and did not do diligence in monitoring their patients pain and making sure they did not become dependent on these drugs. People do not need unlimited narcotics for an injury.

I would not say these people are not so bright but your correct that once addicted they are not in their right mind. Some do end up in jail, or dead, or lost forever but many do overcome. I know several people who were once addicted to heroin, meth and over the counter pills who are back and leading drug free productive lives. Some as loving parents.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 07:02 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,331,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jackwinkelman View Post
I am fine with putting them in prison if they don't get the abortion. These sorts of drug addicts are not that bright so a lot of them will think they will get clean long enough to have the kid and fail and end up in jail anyways. You all do not know how junkies think.
Obviously you do not know how junkies think either. You come off as being very uninformed. 2mares is correct.

Old 10-17-2017, 08:54 AM

88,560 posts, read 84,755,078 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
These sorts of drug addicts?
You realize that the majority of opiate addicts today started out just normal folks like you and I who perhaps had an injury and was prescribed opiates for pain by doctors who were uninformed or careless or uncaring and did not do diligence in monitoring their patients pain and making sure they did not become dependent on these drugs. People do not need unlimited narcotics for an injury.

I would not say these people are not so bright but your correct that once addicted they are not in their right mind. Some do end up in jail, or dead, or lost forever but many do overcome. I know several people who were once addicted to heroin, meth and over the counter pills who are back and leading drug free productive lives. Some as loving parents.
So do I. Good post.

Old 10-17-2017, 09:05 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
What are the penalties now?

Ineffective

Old 10-17-2017, 09:07 AM

22,768 posts, read 30,727,592 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
http://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preve...oid-report.pdf

A perfect use for tent city would be long prison sentences in hot Arizona summer sunshine for women who have babies on opiods, so the children are born with terrible withdrawl systems.

I was just looking at the numbers and here in Arizona it seems like there is a huge issue with women being on unhealthy and illegal opiods when pregnant.

I have never understood why they don't have laws on the books to make a 2nd degree felony when women take opiods and other illicit substances when pregnant.

To me personally life begins at conception and the only way to ensure drug-free children is for legislatures to enact laws that imprison these women with a 2nd degree felony.

I know this is a national epidemic with women giving birth to their children while on heroin and other opiods.

I never have understand why they don't have laws on the books that imprison them with a class two felony.

Sadly, rather then having tough minimum sentences of multiple years in jail, it seems like the liberals want these women to have treatment.

Women and mothers are generally given preferential treatment, legally speaking.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:12 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Why are these women using opiods and heroin when pregnant?
It might have something to do with Big Pharma pushing their dangerous drugs on the general public. Quite a few legal drugs have dangerous symptoms if suddenly stopped.

Know anyone who suffers from anxiety attacks? The drugs used to treat that condition have severe withdrawal symptoms. Know anyone who is on meds for severe pain? Same deal.

Not everyone who is dependent on drugs is a pleasure-seeking hell bound heathen who deserves to suffer.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:23 PM

4,344 posts, read 5,796,878 times
Quote:
http://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preve...oid-report.pdf

A perfect use for tent city would be long prison sentences in hot Arizona summer sunshine for women who have babies on opiods, so the children are born with terrible withdrawl systems.

I was just looking at the numbers and here in Arizona it seems like there is a huge issue with women being on unhealthy and illegal opiods when pregnant.

I have never understood why they don't have laws on the books to make a 2nd degree felony when women take opiods and other illicit substances when pregnant.

To me personally life begins at conception and the only way to ensure drug-free children is for legislatures to enact laws that imprison these women with a 2nd degree felony.

I know this is a national epidemic with women giving birth to their children while on heroin and other opiods.

I never have understand why they don't have laws on the books that imprison them with a class two felony.

Sadly, rather then having tough minimum sentences of multiple years in jail, it seems like the liberals want these women to have treatment.
Because not every woman who is on them takes them carelessly?
My best friend of over 25 years is on painkillers for the rest of her life because of back pain from the multiple surgeries she's had. While she was pregnant with both of her kids she was highly monitored by both her OB and her pain clinic dr. They all knew her kids would go through withdraw when they were born and both of her kids were in the NICU for a few days because of it.
So are you saying that my friend should be in jail?

ETA: She was always told she would NEVER have kids. Heck she didn't find out she was pregnant with her first until her 2nd trimester when she went to the ER.
She has also never been regular with her cycles either.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:29 PM

18,491 posts, read 9,155,884 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
There's that "compassionate conservatism" rearing it's ugly head again.
It's just another example of how the American Right has gone completely insane since the late 1990s.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:46 PM

20,862 posts, read 9,527,489 times
If we do this to women who take opiods, why not also do it with women who drink? Fetal alcohol syndrome is a thing, too.

And cigarette smoking women who are also pregnant. This poses risks to babies as well.

While we're at it, maybe we should just round up every woman who's pregnant and confine them to some sort of pregnancy hospital until they give birth so as to make sure they don't do anything that might harm the fetus while they're pregnant. Might actually end up cheaper than lovecrowd's jailing-everybody-who-misbehaves solution.

Old 10-17-2017, 05:25 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,741,888 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
If we do this to women who take opiods, why not also do it with women who drink? Fetal alcohol syndrome is a thing, too.

And cigarette smoking women who are also pregnant. This poses risks to babies as well.

While we're at it, maybe we should just round up every woman who's pregnant and confine them to some sort of pregnancy hospital until they give birth so as to make sure they don't do anything that might harm the fetus while they're pregnant. Might actually end up cheaper than lovecrowd's jailing-everybody-who-misbehaves solution.
Careful. There are some morality-challenged people here who would think that's a great idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies