Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 10:35 PM

6,137 posts, read 3,864,079 times

Advertisements

http://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preve...oid-report.pdf

A perfect use for tent city would be long prison sentences in hot Arizona summer sunshine for women who have babies on opiods, so the children are born with terrible withdrawl systems.

I was just looking at the numbers and here in Arizona it seems like there is a huge issue with women being on unhealthy and illegal opiods when pregnant.

I have never understood why they don't have laws on the books to make a 2nd degree felony when women take opiods and other illicit substances when pregnant.

To me personally life begins at conception and the only way to ensure drug-free children is for legislatures to enact laws that imprison these women with a 2nd degree felony.

I know this is a national epidemic with women giving birth to their children while on heroin and other opiods.

I never have understand why they don't have laws on the books that imprison them with a class two felony.

Sadly, rather then having tough minimum sentences of multiple years in jail, it seems like the liberals want these women to have treatment.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-15-2017, 10:38 PM

2,320 posts, read 1,869,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
http://www.azdhs.gov/documents/preve...oid-report.pdf

I was just looking at the numbers and here in Arizona it seems like there is a huge issue with women being on unhealthy and illegal opiods when pregnant.

I have never understood why they don't have laws on the books to make a 2nd degree felony when women take opiods and other illicit substances when pregnant.

To me personally life begins at conception and the only way to ensure drug-free children is for legislatures to enact laws that imprison these women with a 2nd degree felony.

I know this is a national epidemic with women giving birth to their children while on heroin and other opiods.

I never have understand why they don't have laws on the books that imprison them with a class two felony.

Sadly, rather then having tough minimum sentences of multiple years in jail, it seems like the liberals want these women to have treatment.
hmmmm if life begins at conception, what about the irresponsible, opiod abusing men that are ejaculating life into the women?
or is it a "possession is a 9/10's of the law" kinda thing?

(I mean honestly, then there should be penalties for irresponsible sex, especially if conception is going to result in a damaged fetus)

Old 10-15-2017, 10:41 PM

15,700 posts, read 17,046,690 times
Addicted women will decide to have an abortion rather than go to prison.

Is that what you want?

Beware of unintended consequences.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
So, more women will decide to have an abortion to avoid being put in prison.

Is that what you want?

Abortion should not an option just because these women want to continue with using heroin and opiods.

The liberal 21st century is weakening America. Glad, that America's President is actually going to summits full of conservative, religious leaders.

I think it is odd that states are so light on this. They would be doing these future children a great service by arresting the substance abusing future-mothers and charging them with a felony.

Rather then very expensive treatment, I think this crisis would decrease if these women knew that they would be charged with 2nd degree felonies for being pregnant or having a baby on illegal drugs or any drug that could impact their child's health.

Last edited by lovecrowds; 10-15-2017 at 11:46 PM..

Old 10-15-2017, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Abortion should not an option just because these women want to continue with using heroin and opiods.

The liberal 21st century is not weakening America. Glad, that America's President is actually going to summits full of conservative, religious leaders.

I think it is odd that states are so light on this. They would be doing these future children a great service by arresting the substance abusing future-mothers and charging them with a felony.

Rather then very expensive treatment, I think this crisis would decrease if these women knew that they would be charged with 2nd degree felonies for being pregnant or having a baby on illegal drugs or any drug that could impact their child's health.

Do you really think banning abortion will stop women, especially those facing prison, from getting an abortion anyway?

Here is what would happen.

Drug dealers and back street abortionists would join forces $$$$.

Another thing, you obviously don't understand addiction.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:24 PM

Quote:

The liberal 21st century is not weakening America. Glad, that America's President is actually going to summits full of conservative, religious leaders.

How about charging overweight pregnant women with 2cd degree felonies too?

Being overweight can also negatively impact their child's health.

https://www.niddk.nih.gov/health-inf...sks-overweight

Quote:
Babies of overweight or obese mothers are at an increased risk of being born too soon, being stillborn (dead in the womb after 20 weeks of pregnancy), and having neural tube defects (defects of the brain and spinal cord).

How can you imprison one group and not the other?

They are both knowingly putting their child's health at risk.

Old 10-15-2017, 11:44 PM

Quote:
Do you really think banning abortion will stop women, especially those facing prison, from getting an abortion anyway?

Here is what would happen.

Drug dealers and back street abortionists would join forces $$$$.

Another thing, you obviously don't understand addiction.
Why should people be understanding to women who use heroin and opiods during pregnancy. There is no reason to have any understanding, compassion or treatment for these women who use heroin while the baby is born with terrible, tragic withdrawl symptoms.

Here in Arizona they opened up Tent City in 1993, It is time for states like Ohio and West Virginia to open up a tent cities for people who used heroin or an illicit substance after pregnancy.

If these women knew that there was lots of prison in a place like what Sheriff Arapio had an Arizona it would deter them from using their heroin and opiods when pregnant.

Very easy solution to the newborn heroin crisis in Ohio and West Virginia and the states ignore the issue. They should have nice treatment centers for duration of the pregnancy until the baby is born and than something like a tent city like we had an Arizona for inmates.

Louis Theroux Visits West Virginia's 'Heroin Town' Where 1 In 10 Babies Is Born Dependent On Opiates | HuffPost UK

Huntington, West Virginia for instance has 1 and 10 babies born on opiods. Why are these women using opiods and heroin when pregnant?

Old 10-15-2017, 11:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,749,968 times
Quote:
Addicted women will decide to have an abortion rather than go to prison.

Is that what you want?

And if they can't get abortions, some of them will deliver their babies in secret, and then dump their babies somewhere.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:09 AM

477 posts, read 276,598 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CAjerseychick View Post
hmmmm if life begins at conception, what about the irresponsible, opiod abusing men that are ejaculating life into the women?
or is it a "possession is a 9/10's of the law" kinda thing?

(I mean honestly, then there should be penalties for irresponsible sex, especially if conception is going to result in a damaged fetus)
Are these irresponsible, opioid abusing men raping these women?

No?

Any responsibility on the women for choosing these men? No?

Old 10-16-2017, 01:23 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,846,127 times
Quote:
The liberal 21st century is weakening America. Glad, that America's President is actually going to summits full of conservative, religious (meaning:Christian) leaders.
When someone praises the President for going to consertive Christian summits, then goes to say something like this:

Quote:
Why should people be understanding to women who use heroin and opiods during pregnancy. There is no reason to have any understanding, compassion or treatment for these women who use heroin while the baby is born with terrible, tragic withdrawl symptoms.
I know that they are full of something, but it certainly isn't the Gospel or the Holy Spirit. Or love.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies