Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 07:54 AM

24,495 posts, read 17,232,699 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What we have is the lies Trump tells.

Immediately repeal/replace the ACA? LIE!

Mexico paying for the wall? LIE!

Quickly rounding up/deporting 11,000,000 illegals? LIE!

Will be POTUS for everyone? LIE!

I don't think Trump was lying when he pledged to do those things but he was naive when it came to understanding how much push back from the career politicians he would face and the slow crawl that DC moves at.

Trump is trying his best in the face of unprecedented attacks from all sides.
People don't like change even when it is for the better.

If Trump is showing us one thing it is how deep and stinky the swamp is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 07:54 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Libs never get the conservative thing...I've given up trying to explain it to them. And while Trump tweets and sends the MSM into a frenzy claiming he needs to be replaced, impeached or whatever he calmly keeps slashing away at the progressive policies the Obama administration tried to destroy this country with. He's doing a great job.
No, we do not get the con thing.

You have your nickname for us, we have one for you. People who use the term "libs" nearly always do so with an almost audible snarl of contempt. I am paying that back in kind: "cons," said in the same spirit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
Conservatives didn't support him, The anyone but hillary crowd. Why would they since his policies, overall, are not conservative. Not that you care about the truth.

But when progressivism is a known failure, that only the unethical and morally bankrupt support it, comes as no surprise that some on the left have to make things up.

The policies that progressives back are failures. Any wonder why policy isn't discussed.
I know lots of people who voted for Trump. Every last one of them identifies as a conservative.

Last edited by Catgirl64; 10-16-2017 at 08:02 AM..

Old 10-16-2017, 08:10 AM

25,575 posts, read 17,286,360 times
The most important activity of President Trump is going on unnoticed. The media would rather report on his tweets and would rather count the number of golf trips, because it's easy. It's what people will read about.

Meanwhile, back at the White House:
There is a scramble to stack the judicial deck with Scalia-like judges. The federal judiciary is being remade.
Mr Trump has now nominated over 60 federal judges. There are another 160 openings, and that means The Trump Administration will leave an imprint for over 40 years. It helps that Trump took office with 107 vacancies.

The filibuster option is gone. Republicans will appoint who they wish, and if you are a conservative, you will be happy with the results.

The move is being driven by Don McGahn and Mitch McConnell. Trump makes the final decision and McConnell takes the ball and runs with it. It is "Game On", and most people don't even know.

Trump will continue to bait the media and the never-Trumpers with shiny objects; he will continue to golf and Tweet and generally drive liberals insane. But in the meantime the court and America is being reshaped with young conservative judges.

And I could not be happier.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/scalias...own-1507847435

Old 10-16-2017, 08:27 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
What we have is the lies Trump tells.

Immediately repeal/replace the ACA? LIE!

Mexico paying for the wall? LIE!

Quickly rounding up/deporting 11,000,000 illegals? LIE!

Will be POTUS for everyone? LIE!
And Obama has and even LONGER list of lies.....

Old 10-16-2017, 10:30 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
The long game...and while you huff and puff with indignation Trump is changing DC.

From HuffPo -

"WASHINGTON ― The conventional wisdom about President Donald Trump is clear enough: He’s an infantile, ignorant moron surrounded by a shrinking political base, a phalanx of enemies who used to be friends, and more investigators than the FBI Academy.

Washington reacts with alarm to his inflammatory tweets, and lately has made a parlor game out of chronicling his outbursts of anger, dismay and ignorance, as news organizations offer a cascade of vivid in-the-room portrayals of an out-of-control boy king."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03a7be580b923

Just FYI - Bob Corker and Rex Tillerson are not 'libs".

As they are quite loudly proclaiming Trump as a f'ing moron - perhaps you should tweet directly at them about Dear Leaders 'long game'.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:41 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
I don't think Trump was lying when he pledged to do those things but he was naive when it came to understanding how much push back from the career politicians he would face and the slow crawl that DC moves at.
Please, at best that's a very lame excuse. Trump proudly told John Dickerson "I don't stand by anything" I don't buy it's naivete at all, I think Trump just shoots from the lip and gives no importance to the meaning to his words. I'm old, I was raised to believe a man is only as good as his word, it's why I have no respect for Trump as a man, has nothing to do with politics.

Quote:
Trump is trying his best in the face of unprecedented attacks from all sides.
People don't like change even when it is for the better.
He may be trying his best but it's in the wake of his unprecedented attacks on all sides. If a 70 year old man has yet to learn you pick what you plant and all the $$$ in the world doesn't change that, he's not very bright.

Quote:
If Trump is showing us one thing it is how deep and stinky the swamp is.
And filling his administration with swamp critters is a wise way to do that?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:43 AM

68,329 posts, read 54,389,283 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
And Obama has and even LONGER list of lies.....
And there's dozens of threads about Obama, too bad you can't figure out what this thread's about.

And if ya really wanna talk about lists, Trump had a well documented one of lying long before Obama even entered politics.

Old 10-16-2017, 10:46 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
The long game...and while you huff and puff with indignation Trump is changing DC.

From HuffPo -

"WASHINGTON ― The conventional wisdom about President Donald Trump is clear enough: He’s an infantile, ignorant moron surrounded by a shrinking political base, a phalanx of enemies who used to be friends, and more investigators than the FBI Academy.

Washington reacts with alarm to his inflammatory tweets, and lately has made a parlor game out of chronicling his outbursts of anger, dismay and ignorance, as news organizations offer a cascade of vivid in-the-room portrayals of an out-of-control boy king."

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry...b03a7be580b923
Wait, I thought Huffpo was Fake News?

Is it NOT fake news today?

Old 10-16-2017, 10:48 AM

1,304 posts, read 1,093,969 times
As much as I hate to say this, you're right. I'm definitely not conservative, but McConnell is never going to impeach Trump as long as they keep sending radical conservatives to the judiciary.

I just wish the Republicans would start acting like adults instead of putting party before country. Public policy
& governance is not a team sport.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
The most important activity of President Trump is going on unnoticed. The media would rather report on his tweets and would rather count the number of golf trips, because it's easy. It's what people will read about.

Meanwhile, back at the White House:
There is a scramble to stack the judicial deck with Scalia-like judges. The federal judiciary is being remade.
Mr Trump has now nominated over 60 federal judges. There are another 160 openings, and that means The Trump Administration will leave an imprint for over 40 years. It helps that Trump took office with 107 vacancies.

The filibuster option is gone. Republicans will appoint who they wish, and if you are a conservative, you will be happy with the results.

The move is being driven by Don McGahn and Mitch McConnell. Trump makes the final decision and McConnell takes the ball and runs with it. It is "Game On", and most people don't even know.

Trump will continue to bait the media and the never-Trumpers with shiny objects; he will continue to golf and Tweet and generally drive liberals insane. But in the meantime the court and America is being reshaped with young conservative judges.

And I could not be happier.
https://www.wsj.com/articles/scalias...own-1507847435

Old 10-16-2017, 10:52 AM

12,270 posts, read 11,329,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Just FYI - Bob Corker and Rex Tillerson are not 'libs".

As they are quite loudly proclaiming Trump as a f'ing moron - perhaps you should tweet directly at them about Dear Leaders 'long game'.
Please. That all-powerful genius Bob Corker was outed by Breitbart for his shady investment deal in Alabama nuking any chance he had of running for office again...so who's the moron? And Tillerson and Trump have obviously been working together playing good cop/bad cop with foreign policy, even WaPo grudgingly acknowledged it. Trump is leaving you people in the dust.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies