Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 02:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by thriftylefty View Post
Mark Cuban
He isn't a Democrat who has held office at a national level, but Cuban is the savior of the Democrats then they should pursue him. However, IMO, .......

..... the current version of the Democrat party is not capable of nominating a White male and especially someone like Cuban. Last time they did so was more than 20 years ago with Kerry/Edwards.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2017, 02:24 PM

304 posts, read 160,368 times
In mid-October of 1965 nobody expected a former VP/FAILED presidential candidate then failed governor candidate would become president in 3 years

In Mid October of 1973 nobody expected an obscure governor/peanut farmer from Georgia would become president in 3 years

In mid-October of 1989 nobody expected a hillbilly who gave a rambling speech at the DNC would be elected president in 3 years

In Mid-Ocotober of 2005 nobody expected a newly elected 1st term African American senator with a funny sounding name will be elected president in 3 years

In Mid-October of 2013 nobody expected a reality television host with a list of shady business deals and a playboy life-style and no government experience will be elected president in 3 years

The list goes on and on

In Politics a week is a long time, a year is a decade and a presidential term is a LIFETIME.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:25 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,189,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I doubt he will either but I want him to so I can watch him lose and so I can watch the ads. I listed about 50 ads we could do in less than five minutes, really easy ads and we can start playing them at the mid-terms. I want to see Trump have to pack his bags, kicked to the curb and leaving the White House because even his cult couldn't keep him there any longer. His pathological obsession with Hillary and Obama only motivates Democrats to create our own "erase Trump" campaign with documentaries of all the terrible things done to this country during his paltry four years. These nasty comments about Hillary are just the way Trump is, looking forward to his departure.

We need to make sure Republicans can never wash the Trump off. Republicans own what Trump has done to this country, to its citizens and to our standing in the world.
I said the exact same thing about Obama back in 2012 but Repubs ran a crappy candidate and we had to tolerate the loser for another 4 years.

You may find yourself in the same situation unless the Dem party gets their act together with a good candidate and platform. At this point that's doubtful.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
I mean the guy who didnt even run this last time, and who was a vice president for quite a while--something which would probably help his run considerably.

Feel free to ignore Biden. LOL.

BTW...did you know Trump ALSO ran for president a few times before? And did similarly? Seriously, the hypocrisy of your criticism is laughable.
Hypocrisy? Nope. Please tell us how many times that Trump appeared on the NC ballot in the GOP primary? Aside from that,

I think that Biden SHOULD have run in 2016. He stood his best chance as the sitting incumbent VP. But the current version of the Democrat party was going to nominate a woman so Biden didn't qualify. That is why he was told to sit it out.

Unfortunately for him, that was his best chance. His ship has sailed.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:27 PM

587 posts, read 304,925 times
Yeah she's mentally ill, thank god she wasn't allowed access to nuclear power.. she's blamed everyone but herself, She refuses to donate the 250k from Weinstein to victims of sexual assault and battered womens shelter and now she's making an *ss out of herself in Great Britain , I hope she runs again too..

Old 10-16-2017, 02:27 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,261,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
I actually believe he won't run for another term.
Well, I hope you are right. He's already out of breath.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
In mid-October of 1965 nobody expected a former VP/FAILED presidential candidate then failed governor candidate would become president in 3 years

In Mid October of 1973 nobody expected an obscure governor/peanut farmer from Georgia would become president in 3 years

In mid-October of 1989 nobody expected a hillbilly who gave a rambling speech at the DNC would be elected president in 3 years

In Mid-Ocotober of 2005 nobody expected a newly elected 1st term African American senator with a funny sounding name will be elected president in 3 years

In Mid-October of 2013 nobody expected a reality television host with a list of shady business deals and a playboy life-style and no government experience will be elected president in 3 years

The list goes on and on

In Politics a week is a long time, a year is a decade and a presidential term is a LIFETIME.
Nobody expected Hillary Clinton to run for a 3rd time.

But here we are. She's campaigning as if it's gonna happen.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:28 PM

35,309 posts, read 52,305,052 times
I thought trump was supposed to be taking legal action against Hillary and having her locked up,it was supposed to be one of his first orders of business, obviously just more bs from the master of empty rhetoric...

Old 10-16-2017, 02:29 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,615,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
https://successstory.com/spendit/mos...ive-golf-carts

I'm sure he can add gold accessories.

Old 10-16-2017, 02:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Is that the Democrat's best plan? i.e. To hope that Trump doesn't run again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tm29Kj8LOD0

(he's beaten you badly if so)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies