Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 03:03 PM

5,267 posts, read 4,144,561 times

Advertisements

He's not going anywhere unless he gets assassinated. If your so miserable maybe you should move out of the country... This is going to be a long 3 or 7 years for you.

21,989 posts, read 15,637,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ted Bear View Post
Lately I have become frustrated with the various organizations working on getting theclown out of the White House. Many organizations are following up on the emolumentclause, but it has been nine months on what looked like a lay-up, and stillnothing. The Congress has proposed, or drafted, some legislation to move forward with the articles ofimpeachment, but nothing. The lawsuits are piling up, be they fraud, sexual harassment,rape, and other heinous behaviors, but nothing seems to break the back of thismonster. And then we have Mueller’s work. Seems like he has a very strong teamof very capable investigators, prosecutors, and criminologists who are verycapable of moving forward to get this maniac out of the office, but where arethey? What is going on? I appreciate their confidentiality as regards theirwork, but the more time that goes by, the more work which will need to be doneto get our nation back on track. Just think of the destruction which the Donaldhas done in everything from trade, to jobs, to our allies, to health care, tothe environment, to education, to infrastructure spending—not to mention theoverall embarrassment he has brought to the oval office in front of the internationalaudience. The only friends we have left are four dictators which he thinks arejust thrilling. Oh my god, how did we ever get in such a mess, and how longwill it take to restore our Nation once this jack a$$ is removed from office,and when?

Inthe meantime, what concrete steps can one take to move him toward the door? Igave money, I signed petitions, I battered my senators and congressman withletters and pleas, and I have rallied with purposeful groups to get the message out.

Nothing.

So,what specific steps can a private citizen take to get this nut out of officebefore he destroys everything our Nation has worked so hard, and shed so much blood,to achieve?
His love for dictators is so depressing, I agree. All we can do it vote him out with ferocity and kick out anyone that supported him. Midterms are coming and the more Republicans we kick out, the weaker he gets.

11,080 posts, read 10,642,680 times
Quote:
Lately I have become frustrated with the various organizations working on getting theclown out of the White House. Many organizations are following up on the emolumentclause, but it has been nine months on what looked like a lay-up, and stillnothing. The Congress has proposed, or drafted, some legislation to move forward with the articles ofimpeachment, but nothing. The lawsuits are piling up, be they fraud, sexual harassment,rape, and other heinous behaviors, but nothing seems to break the back of thismonster. And then we have Mueller’s work. Seems like he has a very strong teamof very capable investigators, prosecutors, and criminologists who are verycapable of moving forward to get this maniac out of the office, but where arethey? What is going on? I appreciate their confidentiality as regards theirwork, but the more time that goes by, the more work which will need to be doneto get our nation back on track. Just think of the destruction which the Donaldhas done in everything from trade, to jobs, to our allies, to health care, tothe environment, to education, to infrastructure spending—not to mention theoverall embarrassment he has brought to the oval office in front of the internationalaudience. The only friends we have left are four dictators which he thinks arejust thrilling. Oh my god, how did we ever get in such a mess, and how longwill it take to restore our Nation once this jack a$$ is removed from office,and when?

Inthe meantime, what concrete steps can one take to move him toward the door? Igave money, I signed petitions, I battered my senators and congressman withletters and pleas, and I have rallied with purposeful groups to get the message out.

Nothing.

So,what specific steps can a private citizen take to get this nut out of officebefore he destroys everything our Nation has worked so hard, and shed so much blood,to achieve?
Well, unless someone manages to actually dig up a concrete reason to impeach him - which some are desperately trying to do - sit back and wait for 2020. If the DNC gets their act together and runs a decent candidate, you might have a shot then. Other than that, stop stressing about it.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:04 PM

12,390 posts, read 7,058,969 times
I can't imagine being as delusional as some of the people in this thread, but what should we expect, these are the people that actually believed Hillary was going to win with 400+ electoral votes.

77,907 posts, read 60,063,004 times
Quote:

Nothing.

LOL...I heard the same stuff from birthers that spent 8 years whining, donating money etc. to no avail.

You might want to stop and consider that your emotional state has made you susceptible to people that are milking you for $$$ by selling you a bill of goods.

Also, he's largely been ineffectual so far, so I always find the posts about how much damage he's doing when in reality he's just kinda taken up space.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
The economy was booming and the stock market was high before he took office.
They try to ignore that part.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Watch out. The devil you know might be better than the devil ya don't know.
Sorry, I would rather have the devil I don't know. That logic can be used in a lot of circumstances but not this time. I would vote for anyone that wasn't Trump. I cannot begin to express how much I look forward to his departure after only ten months. Just a nasty terrible person with no redeeming values. I don't think he'll be impeached, I hope the Mueller investigation just keeps the drumbeat going his last two years and keeps him under endless pressure. I have no visions of him leaving early but if his time can be like a hair shirt, that would be fine.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:12 PM

11,080 posts, read 10,642,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
Sorry, I would rather have the devil I don't know. That logic can be used in a lot of circumstances but not this time. I would vote for anyone that wasn't Trump. I cannot begin to express how much I look forward to his departure after only ten months. Just a nasty terrible person with no redeeming values. I don't think he'll be impeached, I hope the Mueller investigation just keeps the drumbeat going his last two years and keeps him under endless pressure. I have no visions of him leaving early but if his time can be like a hair shirt, that would be fine.
The sentence you bolded goes a long way toward explaining how we ended up with a choice between the Giant Cheeto and the Wicked Witch of Washington in 2016, from both sides.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
The sentence you bolded goes a long way toward explaining how we ended up with a choice between the Giant Cheeto and the Wicked Witch of Washington in 2016, from both sides.
Unfortunately that is true. But for someone to suggest that knowing how terrible Trump is is a positive? Not a chance. I cannot wait to see him leave and start the "Erase Trump" campaign because he earned it.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:16 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,635,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
Watch out. The devil you know might be better than the devil ya don't know.
This. I can't stand Trump and wish he'd be picked up by an alien spacecraft, but Pence would be more effective at doing all the things the Trump cannot. Trump weakens the GOP every day, but Pence would make it stronger. I try to remind myself of this every time Trump shows his ass, which is just about daily.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies