Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 09:22 AM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,515 times

Advertisements

Kelly is pissed right now, he's planning something.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:26 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
So has Obama.<bold>
Time to take off the partisan hat and admit they ALL lie and never apologize. They spin,deflect and obfuscate just like many on here do for their "favorites".
Obama never said "I've heard" or "I've been told" he always stated his lies as facts.
"They all do" is just a rationalization. President Trump can't seem to go a day without some sort of lie or mischaracterization. That's not true of previous Presidents. And the "I've heard" or "I've been told" phrases are Trump's excuses. It's unacceptable that with his ability to fact-check his remarks, he puts these misstatements out there. Because, without fail, these misstatements are an attempt by Trump to build himself up at others' expense. It's dishonest, it's not Presidential. Your attempts to defend it are also dishonest. Trump's words cannot be trusted. That's the bottom line.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,184,586 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
"They all do" is just a rationalization. President Trump can't seem to go a day without some sort of lie or mischaracterization. That's not true of previous Presidents. And the "I've heard" or "I've been told" phrases are Trump's excuses. It's unacceptable that with is ability to fact-check his remarks, he puts these misstatements out there. Because, without fail, these misstatements are an attempt by Trump to build himself up at others' expense. It's dishonest, it's not Presidential. Your attempts to defend it are also dishonest. Trump's words cannot be trusted. That's the bottom line.
This is true but I argued for years that when people refuse to call out lies the problem only gets bigger.

Seems to me we are seeing that play out perfectly here.

When I would condemn Obama's lies, I was told over and over that "they all lie".

Old 10-18-2017, 09:40 AM

46,946 posts, read 25,979,166 times
Quote:
Time to take off the partisan hat and admit they ALL lie...
I thought all y'all were beating your chests over electing a non-politician? That tune changed rather abruptly.

You voted for a small, insecure little man whose only sense of self comes from how he compares with others. You were warned, too. And now the nation is paying the consequences.

But I bet it felt good to really stick it to those libs on election day. Hold on to that warm fuzz, it'll have to last you for a long time.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,005,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I thought all y'all were beating your chests over electing a non-politician? That tune changed rather abruptly.

You voted for a small, insecure little man whose only sense of self comes from how he compares with others. You were warned, too. And now the nation is paying the consequences.

But I bet it felt good to really stick it to those libs on election day. Hold on to that warm fuzz, it'll have to last you for a long time.
Your argument dies a sad death because I didn't vote for Trump.
What "consequences" has the nation paid so far? Please list the factual ones.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:58 AM

20,868 posts, read 23,547,540 times
Quote:
Your argument dies a sad death because I didn't vote for Trump.
What "consequences" has the nation paid so far? Please list the factual ones.
If you didn't vote for him, why are you constantly defending his outright lies?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
"They all do" is just a rationalization. President Trump can't seem to go a day without some sort of lie or mischaracterization. That's not true of previous Presidents. And the "I've heard" or "I've been told" phrases are Trump's excuses. It's unacceptable that with his ability to fact-check his remarks, he puts these misstatements out there. Because, without fail, these misstatements are an attempt by Trump to build himself up at others' expense. It's dishonest, it's not Presidential. Your attempts to defend it are also dishonest. Trump's words cannot be trusted. That's the bottom line.
The issue is with the specific focus on Trump when it comes to lying and not apologizing. It's never "we need to stop Presidents from lying" or "we need to demand an apology from Presidents when they make mistakes or lie". It's always phrased like Trump is the only one who's ever been guilty of lying or not apologizing.
THAT is the issue and why I keep pushing the fact that they ALL lie.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
If you didn't vote for him, why are you constantly defending his outright lies?
Not defending his "outright lies". First off, I'd like to be certain they were/are lies not just some partisan attack that's filled with spin and innuendo. Take the most recent one from the highly partisan HACK from Florida. Show the transcript of what was said. One exists so let's see it and see who's telling what truths. If Trump said what she says then there's an issue. If not she should apologize on ALL major networks. Skeptical is the rule of the day.

Secondly, it's tiring to keep hearing the spew designed to make people think that Trump is, or has been, the ONLY President to lie.
He's not the first or only...

Old 10-18-2017, 10:06 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
The issue is with the specific focus on Trump when it comes to lying and not apologizing. It's never "we need to stop Presidents from lying" or "we need to demand an apology from Presidents when they make mistakes or lie". It's always phrased like Trump is the only one who's ever been guilty of lying or not apologizing.
THAT is the issue and why I keep pushing the fact that they ALL lie.
Actually, it's not ALWAYS phrased like that. We spent 8 years of people demanding apologies from President Obama. The fact that you were deaf to those demands underscores your partisan position. The fact that you are so aware of the complaints about Trump is, in part, based on the plethora of lies, misstatements and mischaracterizations that Trump makes. DAILY. The others may have lied on occasion, and may have tried to spin their policies, but they didn't lie DAILY. They didn't lie so BLATANTLY, either. And then defend themselves with "I was told..." It's time for President Trump to own his own words. THAT is the issue.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Actually, it's not ALWAYS phrased like that. We spent 8 years of people demanding apologies from President Obama. The fact that you were deaf to those demands underscores your partisan position. The fact that you are so aware of the complaints about Trump is, in part, based on the plethora of lies, misstatements and mischaracterizations that Trump makes. DAILY. The others may have lied on occasion, and may have tried to spin their policies, but they didn't lie DAILY. They didn't lie so BLATANTLY, either. And then defend themselves with "I was told..." It's time for President Trump to own his own words. THAT is the issue.
And you accuse me of being partisan?<bold> Bawwww hawww hawwww...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies