Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 08:52 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,586,521 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy_wuz_here View Post
It's blatant discrimination that gets no recognition. If the shoe went on the other foot people quickly change their tune. This was OP's point.
Actually, the original post didn't mention race at all.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:53 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Actually, the original post didn't mention race at all.
I agree what the hell does race have to do with any of this? I said white men and black men have a lot of the same problems which is true, I'm not sure what they are talking about at all. Very strange.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:57 AM

3,221 posts, read 1,737,588 times
I thinks us guys are doing just fine

Old 10-18-2017, 09:20 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
So it is OK for a person that is not your spouse to dictate your finances to you? I had, and have all that other stuff covered, and own my home free, and clear. She just wanted more stuff from me, like vacation homes, and luxury cars. It was pure greed.
Well, the whole idea would be to become spouses.....however, I agree that short of that the money thing is different.

We have 3 houses (chasing the sun), and a nice sailboat also. No plane though - I am a drone (FAA licensed) guy....much cheaper.

My cousin who owned a small plane in partnership with his aircraft mech. gave it up when his partner caught some treetops on landing and bought the farm.

But - in this sense I am 100% with you. Nothing turns me off more than people who expect something for nothing. In our case my wife has dealt with our children, her aging parents and a bunch of other stuff.

Any decent relationship is a partnership of sorts.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:21 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
The guys restoring power in Texas and Florida were mostly men. Were they forgotten? Maybe they were until they were needed.
They were paid - well.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:44 AM

36,519 posts, read 30,856,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
I agree what the hell does race have to do with any of this? I said white men and black men have a lot of the same problems which is true, I'm not sure what they are talking about at all. Very strange.
So you men on here, what are you doing about your problems?
The OP mentioned health issues. The leading cause of death in males is heart disease followed by cancer. Where is funding, research and treatment lacking for prostate and testicular cancer.
Females Suffer From Gender Gap in Cancer Trials, Drug Development
https://www.bu.edu/today/2014/why-me...ignores-women/

At what point have men had difficulty entering IT fields or been forgotten or overlooked in the engineering field?
To what degree have men largely been victims of physical abuse needing to learn self defense to protect themselves against women?

I am aware that some men face difficulties entering into previously female dominated jobs and activities like nursing, child care, elder care, waitress, secretarial, etc. as well as finding a place in mommy groups for SAHP. As well men face domestic violence and sexual abuse and there are issues with family court. But what are men doing about it? Why arent they doing more?
What areas do you feel men specifically need to draw attention to and what needs to be done?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:45 AM

39,221 posts, read 27,597,823 times
Quote:
If you're a guy with money, always show up on your first date in a 1999 Chevy Cavalier lol.
Or a bicycle.

Old 10-18-2017, 09:48 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
A lot of women's problems are simply due to picking the wrong guy, overlooking a lot of guys that only make an average amount of money, or having children that they can't afford out of wedlock. Or having some silly obsession with guys with tattoos that ride motorcycles or something. These are personal decisions they make, not society deciding for them.

You wouldn't believe how many online dating profiles of women where they say some really stupid crap.."love men with tattoos and piercings, rides motorcycles, etc. " I mean, that sounds really stupid for someone that's looking for a guy that will treat them well. It's like seriously, what are you 12 years old?
Seriously? I can tell that you've legit never been on a dating site. I'll fill you in: a guys profile is more than likely devoid of any interesting information, it's usually only a couple lines, with scintillating details such as "I love women who can rock a dress & heels but also be comfortable enough to dress in jeans & a t-shirt". Wow! You don't say?

Old 10-18-2017, 09:55 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,909,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
That was cryptic.

Asking "what this thread is" and if the OP was "legitimately serious" is cryptic?

Seems rather clear what I am implying.

If this was satire, I could accept it. As a serious post, this might be the biggest joke of a thread on the C-D forums right now.

I am a man, and I have literally no idea what the OP is talking about. Men as a "forgotten group"...lol, what?

Old 10-18-2017, 10:11 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Seriously? I can tell that you've legit never been on a dating site. I'll fill you in: a guys profile is more than likely devoid of any interesting information, it's usually only a couple lines, with scintillating details such as "I love women who can rock a dress & heels but also be comfortable enough to dress in jeans & a t-shirt". Wow! You don't say?
hahaha don't get mad, what I said is totally true. Yeah I'm sure what a lot of guys write is pretty dumb too. The difference though is women do the picking, not men. It's a hunter vs gatherer thing. With great power comes great responsibility. BUT that is all off topic and will go out of context, I was merely replying to that specific person.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies