Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 10:40 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,036,104 times

Advertisements

Sorry, not my intention to be contemptuous. As a former server, I've (technically) made less than that.

I just wanted some posters to admit that when they talk about "men", they are actually talking about themselves, their own situations, their own anger, their own problems.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:44 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,584,188 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Sorry, not my intention to be contemptuous. As a former server, I've (technically) made less than that.

I just wanted some posters to admit that when they talk about "men", they are actually talking about themselves, their own situations, their own anger, their own problems.
Thanks for clarifying, and you are probably correct.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:45 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,516,886 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KonaldDuth View Post
Just an observation. Every week in my city there are multiple fundraisers for breast cancer (which has a 99% survival rate), I see signs everywhere for "Girls Who Can Code" classes, "Feminist Karate" classes, then there are all these engineering scholarships exclusively for women. I almost feel as if women have been elevated to a sacred status. Meanwhile in my city, the streets are filled with homeless vets who've been burned/maimed. Or I walk by construction sites and see men laboring at 4 a.m. in the pouring cold rain. Seems like both men and women have hardships in society, but men's problems don't get as much publicity because there's a huge effort to "prove" that everything is peachy for men and everything sucks for women.
Just because others want to level the playing field and have the same status as the Men - doesn't mean men have been forgotten.

Are you really that insecure?

As the mother of a boy - here is something I did notice. Schools cater to girls in the way they teach with the reduction in playtime, PE time, etc.

Girls are being encouraged to explore and step outside their box but a boy dare not do the same. A schoolboy must adhere to a strict boy/male code and not try any 'feminine' activity like dancing, etc. But that same code is imposed upon them by other males as well as females so males are complicit.

That said - men still rule.

3,490 posts, read 3,791,272 times
Let’s see, pro sports?, men, owners of teams?, majority white men, billionaires?, majority men, POTUS?, all men. One black. Highest paid in Hollywood?, men.

As a straight, white, married white dude, I feel my race is doing just fine, but that’s me.

Who has let me down the most in terms of Illegal Immigration?, white men. Healthcare?, white men, wars?, white religious men.

639 posts, read 376,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FluidFreedom View Post
So start talking about it. What are the issues that men are facing today? Are you specifically struggling with something and need help with it?

Maybe by talking about it here and bringing to light the real issues men are facing things will change for you.
What do you think you can do to solve the issues that men are facing?
Where to start..

With identity. In our current culture, a man is not needed for a family. A man is designed to work. We can be worked 24, 7 biologically. It's a confirmed fact that women take off more time for work, sick, etc.

How does all affect the family? All one has to do is look around. What incentive is there for a man to get married to what is available nowadays?

What can be done? Educate, but that alone won't solve anything. People need to open their eyes to what is going on and change it. It'd help to turn off the TV and stop believing everything the mass media and even our educational system teaches you or your kids.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:51 AM

34,228 posts, read 18,567,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bo_Lorem View Post
Where to start..

With identity. In our current culture, a man is not needed for a family. A man is designed to work. We can be worked 24, 7 biologically. It's a confirmed fact that women take off more time for work, sick, etc.

How does all affect the family? All one has to do is look around. What incentive is there for a man to get married to what is available nowadays?

What can be done? Educate, but that alone won't solve anything. People need to open their eyes to what is going on and change it. It'd help to turn off the TV and stop believing everything the mass media and even our educational system teaches you or your kids.

I think the media, and education has a lot to do with the role of men in today's society. I do not think men are "victims" per se, nor have they been "forgotten" as a group, because they don't need to be a "group". What I do see is men often depicted as stupid, foolish, and incompetent on TV shows/commercials, and the women is usually the smart, savvy one that has to correct the man, and keep him out of trouble.

With education I see less tolerance for boys to be allowed their natural activity level. Most are accused of "acting up" a lot, and now get a healthy does of Ritalin.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James420 View Post
Let’s see, pro sports?, men, owners of teams?, majority white men, billionaires?, majority men, POTUS?, all men. One black. Highest paid in Hollywood?, men.

As a straight, white, married white dude, I feel my race is doing just fine, but that’s me.

Who has let me down the most in terms of Illegal Immigration?, white men. Healthcare?, white men, wars?, white religious men.
Pro sports? Do you know that men are BIOLOGICALLY STRONGER than women in general? This is just basic facts. There is nothing "degrading" to women to pointing out the obvious.

As for white owners, you completely are ignorant and deny the history of this country, which is not something that necessarily is good but it is what it is. Wealth is handed down from generation to generation. It doesn't mean you rob from peter to pay paul.

There are plenty of black stars in hollywood. Will Smith made more in one movie than I'll make in my entire life. Quit pretending that there is some type of victimhood here.

Illegal immigration? It is ILLEGAL. Very basic logic here. The people happen to be Hispanic as they are from Mexico. There is nothing RACIST about this as you and others have naively allowed the media et al to tell you.

You're points have no basis for logical merit. It's clear you've been watching too much CNN, Fox news, or _____ enter your favorite media outlet.

I recommend you start thinking for yourself and stop being told what to think.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:53 AM

35,687 posts, read 21,039,129 times
men start most of the problems so-- women have taken to group together to battle as a team

Old 10-17-2017, 10:54 AM

39,218 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
men start most of the problems so-- women have taken to group together to battle as a team
Come on, men are not all that bad.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
I think the media, and education has a lot to do with the role of men in today's society. I do not think men are "victims" per se, nor have they been "forgotten" as a group, because they don't need to be a "group". What I do see is men often depicted as stupid, foolish, and incompetent on TV shows/commercials, and the women is usually the smart, savvy one that has to correct the man, and keep him out of trouble.

With education I see less tolerance for boys to be allowed their natural activity level. Most are accused of "acting up" a lot, and now get a healthy does of Ritalin.
"Agents of socialization". That is the precise Sociology term, and yes Hollywood which is based in liberal California is most certainly playing the man is a fool game with the superior female sidekick.

People just need to open their eyes. Men are not "victims", but are being devalued and degraded.

All people need to do is look around them to see it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies