Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 12:05 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,723,110 times

Advertisements

This is the state of things in 2017, let your players turn their back on their country and endorse letting drug use slide.

Speechless.

https://www.sbnation.com/2017/10/16/...ll-endorsement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 12:08 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,229,051 times
Quote:
The bill, according to Iowa senator Chuck Grassley’s website, is aimed to “recalibrate prison sentences for nonviolent drug offenders, target violent and career criminals, and save taxpayer dollars.”

Along with this, the legislation is supposed to offer “more judicial discretion at sentencing for offenders with minimal criminal histories and helps inmates successfully reenter society.”

So what does this all mean? The league’s endorsement of the legislation appears to be part of an effort where the NFL gives an effort on the issues that Kaepernick raised, while also being able to set themselves up to require players to stand for the national anthem.
Sorry, but what's the issue here?

Could your title be any more clickbaity?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
Sorry, but what's the issue here?
This issue is the National Football League, a sports organization, is now in the business of political lobbying to go easy on drug users.

I understand you personally don't see anything wrong with that, at least half the country thinks otherwise

Old 10-17-2017, 12:20 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlakeJones View Post
This is the state of things in 2017, let your players turn their back on their country and endorse letting drug use slide.

Speechless.

This is click-bait and your comment is a strawman. None of the kneelers are turning their backs on the 13 bars, 50 stars. Instead they are trying to raise an issue that the U.S. is in a state of fixing with a lot of racial issues. We have the return of white supremacists. We also have cops arresting black people for being black and also committing acts of police brutality in large numbers than whites.

I'm not black, I am a white male but I know this ain't right when a black man with his hands up following police orders while helping an autistic male at the group home he worked for get shot for "no reason." I know it ain't right when a 5'2" 120lbs teenage black girl is "mistaken" for a 5'10" 180lbs male and is thrown off her bicycle injuring her. Or how police aren't accountable in front of a grand jury when we aren't even given that luxury when we face similar charges of assault or manslaughter.

Last edited by mkpunk; 10-17-2017 at 12:32 PM..

Old 10-17-2017, 12:22 PM

68,330 posts, read 54,400,252 times
Quote:
This issue is the National Football League, a sports organization, is now in the business of political lobbying to go easy on drug users.

I understand you personally don't see anything wrong with that, at least half the country thinks otherwise
Which is not remotely close to what you allege with your thread title NFL Decides to Endorse Increased Illegal Drug Use

Personally, I see a lot wrong with false claims in a thread title unsupported by an article the OP cites.

Just HOW could any reasonable person equate changing sentencing guidelines with endorsing drug use?

Old 10-17-2017, 12:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
None of the kneelers are timing their backs on the 13 bars, 50 stars
AT LEAST HALF THE COUNTRY SEES IT OTHERWISE. This is not hyperbole, this is not an exaggeration, you are alienating tens and tens of thousands of people. It is completely customary to stand and show respect to the flag and anthem. To intentionally kneel is to willingly fail to show respect and making a statement against said flag and country. The only reason you are in cognitive dissidence of this is taking sides to now equate it as a fight for justice when in fact it is disrespecting the United States, the very country responsible for all your rights and freedoms

Old 10-17-2017, 12:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Which is not remotely close to what you allege with your thread title NFL Decides to Endorse Increased Illegal Drug Use

Personally, I see a lot wrong with false claims in a thread title unsupported by an article the OP cites.

Just HOW could any reasonable person equate changing sentencing guidelines with endorsing drug use?
This is how fake news works. Chicken salad gets turned into chicken **** and people gobble it up. It don't matter which side of the aisle you stand on, too many of us are buying the chicken **** that is fake news. This post you replied to is a perfect example.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,174,956 times
Troll thread reported. FYI.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:29 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,638,052 times
Quote:

Speechless.

rubbish.

you turned your back on this nation when you declared the 1st amendment only applies when you see fit. I say shame on you for trying to portray those hard working players as disloyal. They are well within the terms of our constitution. YOU and YOURS are the ones trying to thwart the 1st amendment.

Old 10-17-2017, 12:30 PM

Quote:
AT LEAST HALF THE COUNTRY SEES IT OTHERWISE. This is not hyperbole, this is not an exaggeration, you are alienating tens and tens of thousands of people. It is completely customary to stand and show respect to the flag and anthem. To intentionally kneel is to willingly fail to show respect and making a statement against said flag and country. The only reason you are in cognitive dissidence of this is taking sides to now equate it as a fight for justice when in fact it is disrespecting the United States, the very country responsible for all your rights and freedoms
And sitting during the anthem isn't? Waving a flag on the back of your pickup truck or monster truck isn't? Cat-calling and cheering during the anthem isn't? What I see is people practicing select patriotism. I was brought up respecting our nation. I hate what we are right now and i shake my head at what came to this point but i still respect the flag and the anthem. I recon to bet most of these 'Murican complaining about the anthem do one of those three things that are just as direspectful if not more so than kneeling.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies