Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-22-2017, 11:57 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,634,295 times

Advertisements

It is sad to see someone who was a hero turn around and act like a jerk. That vote on the health care did it for me. One vote and we could have been finished with Obamacare. His ego and his hatred for Trump was more important than so many suffering from high taxes caused by the Democrats. McCain owns it now. I wonder how much his health is playing in his decision making. He needs to resign and go home and relax. He needs a rest.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2017, 12:00 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pghquest View Post
quote for me what I've said to denigrate military service of others, because I havent.. you're just lying again..
With pleasure. You seem to have a very short memory. You've spent this whole thread trying to knock McCain's service record.

Quote:
I dont care if he's a hero in your book, he's only one today because he's attacking Trump.

Quote:
once again, did you support Obama or Clinton? Because I know you did.. now you're claiming to support the military..

whats that make you?

YOUR words.. not mine.. see unlike you I can actually quote you saying something, where you have to LIE about what I said..

typical
You don't know **** about me. Never voted for Clinton. Voted for Obama once, felt I made a bad call, course corrected and didn't vote for him second time. So what now? There goes your nonsense argument out the window.

Your smoke and mirrors diversion by trying to make this about me defending Obama or Clinton is DOA.

You're the one who came to this thread to throw dirt at McCain's service record and defend Your Dumbass who did the same thing. And that's the TRUTH. Own it.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:02 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,452,870 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
It is sad to see someone who was a hero turn around and act like a jerk. That vote on the health care did it for me. One vote and we could have been finished with Obamacare. His ego and his hatred for Trump was more important than so many suffering from high taxes caused by the Democrats. McCain owns it now. I wonder how much his health is playing in his decision making. He needs to resign and go home and relax. He needs a rest.
Yeah, and been stuck with something even worse that eliminated health insurance for tens of millions of people. McCain actually demanded that GOP do their job for real and come up with something better rather than trying to shove some bull**** through to save face, which they STILL haven't done.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:04 AM

30,976 posts, read 21,641,969 times
No doubt, most Trump supporters pretty strongly feel Trump was right for doing what it took for avoiding serving in the Vietnam War. This is because that war was so wrong and unjust to be involved in. So Trump was right for not wanting to go to that war.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:07 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,583,738 times
Did McCain say the same about Bill Clinton?

To repeat what I've said on many 'Trump is a draft dodger' threads:

Trump and Clinton both got college student deferments as did tens of thousands of students during the unpopular Vietnam War. They both had high draft lottery numbers so wouldn't have been called up anyway.

Now go search youtube for the McCain songbird videos where his fellow POWs say he confessed to the enemy.

Old 10-23-2017, 12:52 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
McCain isn't perfect, but he's the real deal: he's not going to be cowed by Trump's crap, and NOTHING can hide the fact that he served his nation with courage in combat while Trump was a ***** who got his rich daddy to get some doctor to get him five deferments including some bull**** on bone spurs that then miraculously just happened to go away once the draft was over.

In fact, pretty much all the McCain men, including John's sons, served proudly in the military. Trump's kids just enjoyed their mini-me status in daddy's business.

Cons are of course desperately counting the hours until McCain dies from his tumors, but history will always show that McCain was a real public servant who had courage and honor; whereas Trump will always be a coward who had none. Spin it any way you want, but it's as simple as that. This is one bit of news that can't be turned "fake."
McCain is right. Trump is a coward.

Old 10-23-2017, 01:47 AM

38,643 posts, read 26,384,037 times
Quote:
McCain isn't perfect, but he's the real deal: he's not going to be cowed by Trump's crap, and NOTHING can hide the fact that he served his nation with courage in combat while Trump was a ***** who got his rich daddy to get some doctor to get him five deferments including some bull**** on bone spurs that then miraculously just happened to go away once the draft was over.

In fact, pretty much all the McCain men, including John's sons, served proudly in the military. Trump's kids just enjoyed their mini-me status in daddy's business.

Cons are of course desperately counting the hours until McCain dies from his tumors, but history will always show that McCain was a real public servant who had courage and honor; whereas Trump will always be a coward who had none. Spin it any way you want, but it's as simple as that. This is one bit of news that can't be turned "fake."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nts/index.html

Like to see the feedback I got from liberals on this forum the day I voted for McCain?

Now he's totally awesome?

Old 10-23-2017, 01:57 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,534,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
OK. It's not fake. Trump didn't want to go into the service so he used available resources and was deferred.

But isn't that just as true about Bill Clinton? And did you believe the nonsense Hillary spouted about trying to join the Marines? And remind us again - when did Obama serve?

(Did you really believe no one was going to bring this up?)
That belongs in the same category as 'hot sauce in her purse'....fluff to try to widen her appeal.

Old 10-23-2017, 02:40 AM

3,197 posts, read 5,377,042 times
Quote:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.cnn...nts/index.html
Even though I’m not politically aligned with McCain, he will always have my respect for his country over party political stance.

Trump is a coward. And, so are all of the followers backing him because he’ll say the bigoted things they’re eager to say but too wimpy to say for themselves. Disgraceful cowards. What a horrible time in American political history.

Last edited by First24; 10-23-2017 at 02:53 AM..

Old 10-23-2017, 02:48 AM

13,303 posts, read 7,872,015 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by It'sAutomatic View Post
Trump showed his disdain for the military with his famous quote: "I like people who weren't captured." Meaning: Doesn't matter how much you suffered serving this country, you're a loser.

Trump attacks McCain: 'I like people who weren't captured' - POLITICO
John McGain - captured a second time!

"You smiled at the panel with your usual studied insouciance. Sitting next to you was Senator John Glenn of Ohio.

Brinkley, Sam Donaldson, and George Will were the interrogators.

It was a sobering scene. There you sat with Glenn, both sweating before the cameras, waiting to answer questions . . ."

McCain: The Most Reprehensible of the Keating Five | Phoenix New Times

What a loser!

Donald Trump isn't even in the same league.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies