Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 07:19 PM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times

Advertisements

All the Other Harvey Weinsteins

While my own Harvey story may be different, I have had plenty of Harveys of my own over the years, enough to feel a sickening shock of recognition. When I was thirteen, a fifty-year-old crew member told me that he would teach me to dance, and then proceeded to push against me with an ere*****. When I was fourteen, a married film director stuck his tongue in my mouth on set. At a time when I was trying to figure out what it meant to become a sexually viable young woman, at every turn some older guy tried to help speed up the process. And all this went on despite my having very protective parents who did their best to shield me. I shudder to think of what would have happened had I not had them.

Still... no names. Won't make any progress on this unless names are mentioned. The perps will just hide in the dark until the heat is off.

The only reason we are here is because HW was named.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 PM

3,850 posts, read 2,226,099 times
Corey Feldman also has a lot more graphic things to say. Allegedly, pedofilia/molestation was going on behind the scenes of all our favorite 80s movies like the Goonies, the Lost Boys, and the Breakfast club.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:04 PM

1,769 posts, read 1,233,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRob4JC View Post

Still... no names. Won't make any progress on this unless names are mentioned. The perps will just hide in the dark until the heat is off.
^ this

i just mentioned this a little while ago in the corey feldman thread. i don't get it. who are these pedophiles and why is no one calling them out for it? i can understand a child not coming out publicly. but...what about the adults?

Old 10-17-2017, 10:15 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,741,423 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tritone View Post
Corey Feldman also has a lot more graphic things to say. Allegedly, pedofilia/molestation was going on behind the scenes of all our favorite 80s movies like the Goonies, the Lost Boys, and the Breakfast club.
I was thinking of this yesterday. so many people, myself included, are shocked why people didn't come forward, didn't say anything. Then I remembered Corey Feldman and Corey Haim speaking out about it and no one taking them seriously.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:39 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I was thinking of this yesterday. so many people, myself included, are shocked why people didn't come forward, didn't say anything. Then I remembered Corey Feldman and Corey Haim speaking out about it and no one taking them seriously.
I know how this can feel. I worked at a store, and would hang out with some of the crew after work, and I started to see one of them on the side. Because we worked together, he talked me into keeping it quiet, and I foolishly put up with it, until I realized he wanted to keep it hushed while he played the other girls. I finally caught on, and we had a fight about it, and he ended up pushing me to the ground, in front of another co-worker. The next day, I had a bruise on my thigh, and I called his brother to let him know what he did. He said he would talk with him. The guy never apologized or anything, so I told a few people what happened, and even posted a pic of my huge bruise on social media. The next time I came into work, people accused me of trying to ruin this guy. I was the one that got hurt, but I guess it was my fault somehow, and the one girl who was there, all of a sudden, she didn't witness nothing. She was too busy on the phone. Long story short, he was very charismatic and likable, until his true colors start to show. But because he's so good at hiding who he is, that nobody can believe that he would be capable of doing something. Instead they think I just tripped and fell. Either way, he got the bosses to have me fired, told them I was giving beers to minors, which I wasn't, and so they fired me for being dishonest for something I wasn't lying about. And I work in a right to work state, where your boss could pretty much fire you for anything.

Since then, I heard of two more girls who were physically assaulted by him, and we went to the police about it, but because he has so many connections with the bosses at work, and through family and friends, including a guy who works for the DA, our case just got lost in the shuffle. And this is just a lowlife stock clerk. I can just imagine what a big time producer could do to someone. I mean, look at the one football player that outright punched his girlfriend out in the elevator? He was pretty much slapped on the wrist, and then allowed to continue his job.

Old 10-17-2017, 10:59 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
I know how this can feel. I worked at a store, and would hang out with some of the crew after work, and I started to see one of them on the side. Because we worked together, he talked me into keeping it quiet, and I foolishly put up with it, until I realized he wanted to keep it hushed while he played the other girls. I finally caught on, and we had a fight about it, and he ended up pushing me to the ground, in front of another co-worker. The next day, I had a bruise on my thigh, and I called his brother to let him know what he did. He said he would talk with him. The guy never apologized or anything, so I told a few people what happened, and even posted a pic of my huge bruise on social media. The next time I came into work, people accused me of trying to ruin this guy. I was the one that got hurt, but I guess it was my fault somehow, and the one girl who was there, all of a sudden, she didn't witness nothing. She was too busy on the phone. Long story short, he was very charismatic and likable, until his true colors start to show. But because he's so good at hiding who he is, that nobody can believe that he would be capable of doing something. Instead they think I just tripped and fell. Either way, he got the bosses to have me fired, told them I was giving beers to minors, which I wasn't, and so they fired me for being dishonest for something I wasn't lying about. And I work in a right to work state, where your boss could pretty much fire you for anything.

Since then, I heard of two more girls who were physically assaulted by him, and we went to the police about it, but because he has so many connections with the bosses at work, and through family and friends, including a guy who works for the DA, our case just got lost in the shuffle. And this is just a lowlife stock clerk. I can just imagine what a big time producer could do to someone. I mean, look at the one football player that outright punched his girlfriend out in the elevator? He was pretty much slapped on the wrist, and then allowed to continue his job.
I'm so sorry for your experience. But you are right, we live in a good old boys culture, and just about every woman who has ever been in the workforce in any capacity has run in to sexual harassment of one form or another.

There's another thread on C-D right now by a man whining about how hard men have it in America today, yet I doubt many of them have had to put up with even a tenth of what an average woman faces every day on the job.

Yes, things are better, but there is still way too much of this going on out there. The good old boys club still rules in too many places.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:54 AM

2,212 posts, read 1,073,740 times
No names and they never said anything or pressed charges all these years because they all wanted jobs.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:03 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
No names and they never said anything or pressed charges all these years because they all wanted jobs.
Yep. Women have had to put up with all kinds of crap in order to keep a job. I came of age in the '70s and it was so routine it never dawned on most women to report a boss or manager who got too "friendly" with them. And who would you report it to, anyway? The person above your boss was another man who wouldn't be on your side. You were expected to shut up about it or lose your job. Women who wanted to work in the entertainment industry faced the same thing.

That's the world women have had to live and work in. And it hasn't changed all that much. Men still hold most of the positions of power.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:05 AM

45,573 posts, read 27,172,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post

Actually, he has not been back in the league since that has happened. That was Ray Rice.

Old 10-18-2017, 08:12 AM

50,262 posts, read 47,023,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Yep. Women have had to put up with all kinds of crap in order to keep a job. I came of age in the '70s and it was so routine it never dawned on most women to report a boss or manager who got too "friendly" with them. And who would you report it to, anyway? The person above your boss was another man who wouldn't be on your side. You were expected to shut up about it or lose your job. Women who wanted to work in the entertainment industry faced the same thing.

That's the world women have had to live and work in. And it hasn't changed all that much. Men still hold most of the positions of power.
Oh please, many guys have been come on to by their female bosses. I was at a Xmas party with my wife and her boss (woman) grabbed me by the head and tongue kissed me. It was gross but I don't have any emotional scars over it. It was probably more difficult for her husband to deal with after.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies