Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2017, 05:06 PM

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
we would need either a recording or a transcript ( which the WH claims doesn't exist but, for some reason, lara trump seems to believe she's seen ).

but, again, kelly's account of the call supports wilson's, not trump's.
kelly's accounts supports what the thread title states?

You do understand that this entire thread is based off something that cannot be substainated, right?

Did trump disrespect this lady? She said so, so I have to believe that, WHAT was said by that stupid cow girl is what is being discounted and what the left keeps forgetting...

Old 10-21-2017, 05:20 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Congresswoman Wilson represents the 24th congressional district where in 2014 she won 86% of the vote. Sometimes Rs don't even run anyone against her.

She's a former high school principal who started an in-school mentoring program for disadvantaged youth called 5000 Role Models of Excellence.

Sgt. La David Johnson was a graduate of the program. She has known him since he was a child.

I'm betting she won't rest until we get a full accounting of what the hell happened to Sgt. Johnson.

Good for her.

Good for us.

Last edited by GotHereQuickAsICould; 10-21-2017 at 06:01 PM..

Old 10-21-2017, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Did trump disrespect this lady? She said so, so I have to believe that, WHAT was said by that stupid cow girl is what is being discounted and what the left keeps forgetting...
Why not believe Congresswoman Wilson? She's not the one getting caught telling 4 lies a day.

Plus, General Kelly supports her version of events.

As to insults such as "stupid cow girl," and accusations that she wear false eyelashes (oh, the horrors, the horrors), I'm sure she's been called worse. After all, she's a black woman living in the south.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Congresswoman Wilson represents the 24th congressional district where in 2014 she won 86% of the vote. Sometimes Rs don't even run anyone against her.

She's a former high school principal who started an in-school mentoring program for disadvantaged youth called 5000 Role Models of Excellence.

Sgt. La David Johnson, was a graduate of the program. She has known him since he was a child.

I'm betting she won't rest until we get a full accounting of what the hell happened to Sgt. Johnson.

Good for her.

Good for us.
Let hope so.

However, will we get to the lie she stated or will those on the left just continue to deflect?

Old 10-21-2017, 05:30 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Let hope so.

However, will we get to the lie she stated or will those on the left just continue to deflect?
What lie did she state? Everything she has said has been proven to be the truth so far. You can ignore the truth all you want much like Trump and Kelly and Sanders. But we all now know who the liars are.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
What lie did she state? Everything she has said has been proven to be the truth so far. You can ignore the truth all you want much like Trump and Kelly and Sanders. But we all now know who the liars are.
These words have been proven? "Your husband knew what he signed up for "

Please provide the link....

Old 10-21-2017, 05:42 PM

Quote:
Why not believe Congresswoman Wilson? She's not the one getting caught telling 4 lies a day. .

Prove what the thread title states, it should be simple and easy.

Quote:
Plus, General Kelly supports her version of events..

I think the left is playing that kelly's words mean what the thread title states, which is a lie.

Did the wife think she was disrespected, obvioulsy, she stated that.....but was she disrespected by the words of this thread title? Maybe you can provide that evidence.

Quote:
As to insults such as "stupid cow girl," and accusations that she wear false eyelashes (oh, the horrors, the horrors), I'm sure she's been called worse. After all, she's a black woman living in the south.
Truth hurts..

I could care less about her eyelashes....some do, and I'm sure she has been called worse....

AND OHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH look the RACE card, how timely of you.....you must be proud....

Yea, the South...she's black and yet still won.....your failure is documented....

Old 10-21-2017, 05:50 PM

26,569 posts, read 14,444,771 times
Quote:

However, will we get to the lie she stated ....
wilson:

"[Trump] said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway."

kelly:

"Well, let me tell you what I told [Trump]. Let me tell you what my best friend, Joe Dunford, told me — because he was my casualty officer. He said, Kel, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were because we’re at war. And when he died, in the four cases we’re talking about, Niger, and my son’s case in Afghanistan — when he died, he was surrounded by the best men on this Earth: his friends.

That’s what the President tried to say to four families the other day."

neither one are claiming to give an exact quote of trump but both agree there was some variation of "he knew what he signed up for".

Old 10-21-2017, 05:52 PM

Quote:
These words have been proven? "Your husband knew what he signed up for "

Please provide the link....
Lara Trump, married to Eric Trump who supposedly is not involved in his father’s political activities but whatever, stated that she has read the transcript of the call and that it appears consistent with Wilson's account.

"Lara Trump, paraphrasing the conversation, says her father-in-law told Johnson “your husband went in to battle, you know, knowing that he could be injured, knowing that he could be killed.”

Chief of Staff John Kelly, who listened to the call from the White House, said Trump told Johnson her husband “knew what he was getting himself into because he enlisted.”

Cowanda Jones-Johnson, the aunt who raised Sgt. La David Johnson, told the Washington Post that Wilson’s account of the phone call was accurate.

Lara Trump, General Kelly, and Sgt. Johnson's mother all confirm Wilson’s account.

https://thinkprogress.org/there-is-a...-61faf4d76b95/

Google is a wonderful tool.

You should try it sometime.

Old 10-21-2017, 05:53 PM

20,868 posts, read 23,554,229 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
wilson:

"[Trump] said, ‘Well, I guess you knew’ — something to the effect that ‘he knew what he was getting into when he signed up, but I guess it hurts anyway."

kelly:

"Well, let me tell you what I told [Trump]. Let me tell you what my best friend, Joe Dunford, told me — because he was my casualty officer. He said, Kel, he was doing exactly what he wanted to do when he was killed. He knew what he was getting into by joining that 1 percent. He knew what the possibilities were because we’re at war. And when he died, in the four cases we’re talking about, Niger, and my son’s case in Afghanistan — when he died, he was surrounded by the best men on this Earth: his friends.

That’s what the President tried to say to four families the other day."

neither one are claiming to give an exact quote of trump but both agree there was some variation of "he knew what he signed up for".
Exactly and lets not forget that Trump can put this all to rest cause he said he has proof that he did not say that but so far he hasn't shown any proof.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies