Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-24-2017, 09:13 AM

28,883 posts, read 30,181,434 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Suburban_Guy

How is it that other Gold Start widows praised Trump for the calls they received from him, but this one widow is making a political circus and hit job on Trump? Making such a call is not the easiest of things, I could never in my life do such a hard thing.
and oddly the news media never said one word about that, did they?

One would think he never called them....

Old 10-24-2017, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
I must be misunderstanding your point? Or you mine?
ahhh, my apologies, I went back and re-read SLOWLY, as I should have, and now understand what you were saying.

Thank you for pointing that out.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:16 AM

39,044 posts, read 27,462,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
and so are cops, and anyone who knows a public servant like that, knows to, what they signed up for...it's unspoken but known.

If the poor snowflakes wouldn't get so offended at everything, they would be able to understand this.

My son is a cop, he knows what he signed up for...he did a tour in Afghanistan, he knows what he signed up for.
I agree with you.

I think Donald Trump is not articulate and that gives people a chance to question his intent and use it out of context. In their narrative that means Donald Trump took the time out of his busy day in front of a general to pick up the phone and call the widow of a fallen soldier and purposely insult her.

Honestly they can't be more stupid than that. I think so many things go through his head before they come out of his mouth it comes out A bit off. What he said is true every soldier does sign up with the prospect of death in defending the country. They go out there and lay their life on the line while we go through our day caught up in our own self interest.

Trump being Trump, will never apologize. i would have said, "I am so sorry that you don't find comfort in my words, grief is an individual process. Please know that I only have love and compassion towards you and Sgt La David Johnson. I apologize that you were offended, but this is not my intent." This thing would have been over a long time ago.

I don't think Trump had bad intention at all. The whole damn thing is dragged out way too long.

I lost three friends in battle field, 2 to suicide. American people don't even know their names. A lot of people (like their parents) grieve in silence. I am sure all of us want our personal heroes to be remembered as the heroes they are. I think this is really the bottom line. There are a alot of American people lost their loved ones to war. Things like this makes me feel my friends are nothing but a number, and this is my honest feeling at the time.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:21 AM

7,605 posts, read 4,834,826 times
Quote:
well, it's true, none of the other families are complaining? Why?
once again, if you kept yourself informed, in a none biased way, you would be able to see the good things he has done....no other president has done...not Clinton, not Bush, not Obama.....
Why does our Dear Leader need to attack a grieving widow and a grieving family friend?

For the moment let us give our Dear Leader the benefit of the doubt, which he no longer deserves, and assume it was all an unfortunate misunderstanding. The adult thing to do would be to apologize for the misunderstanding and move on. But no, that is too rational for our Dear Leader. He must call the Congresswomen a liar, although it turns out she didn't lie as confirmed by Kelly his own chief of staff. Then to top it off our Dear Leader's chief of staff doubles down and tells a whopper of a lie, as confirmed by video, about the congresswomen. Given another opportunity yesterday to move on our Dear Leader again attacks the widow.

All this was totally avoidable if our Dear Leader could have only resisted the temptation to be proclaimed the best President at providing condolence calls and letters. Which as it turns out is another lie and has his staff scrambling to actually contact the families of all the fallen on his watch.

Yes, our Dear Leader is doing a lot of things I'm guessing no other President has ever done #AlertTheDaycareStaff.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
I do keep myself informed, and what I see is President Trump taking credit for things which he's owed no credit for. Moreover, his obsession with previous Presidents compels him to repeatedly compare himself to them (in his mind and words to his advantage), when the comparisons are based on lies (but, hey, someone told him that, and it's not like he ever checks the facts).
Remember as we were informed by someone on his team Trump relies on "Alternative Facts."

Old 10-24-2017, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with you.

I think Donald Trump is not articulate and that gives people a chance to question his intent and use it out of context. In their narrative that means Donald Trump took the time out of his busy day in front of a general to pick up the phone and call the window of a fallen soldier and purposely insult her.

Honestly they can't be more stupid than that. I think so many things go through his head before they come out of his mouth it comes out A bit off. What he said is true every soldier does sign up with the prospect of death in defending the country. They go out there and lay their life on the line while we go through our day caught up in our own self interest.

Trump being Trump, will never apologize. i would have said, "I am so sorry that you don't find comfort in my words, grief is an individual process. Please know that I only have love and compassion towards you and Sgt La David Johnson. I apologize that you were offended, but this is not my intent." This thing would have been over a long time ago.

I don't think Trump had bad intention at all. The whole damn thing is dragged out way too long.

I lost three friends in battle field, 2 to suicide. American people don't even know their names. A lot of people (like their parents) grieve in silence. I am sure all of us want our personal heroes to be remembered as the heroes they are. I think this is really the bottom line.
I have watched Trump ever since he was young....and loved the way he articulated himself....he wasn't always like this...way back then after watching several interviews with him, I'd say, "I wish he'd run for President". He isn't able to articulate himself, the way he wants to or should.

I had a boss just like him....whenever this man got up in front of a group and spoke, he'd always say the dumbest things....and he honestly didn't mean them the way they were taken.

when someone keeps repeating the same words over and over again, like he does, it is a sign of "The Onset of Alzheimer’s Disease?" and I believe that is what is happening, because I used to watch him many years ago, and he articulated himself, much differently? My girlfriend who is a speech theropist also feels the same way.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:26 AM

34,750 posts, read 16,767,477 times
Quote:
Also, I believe these guys were all part of a special forces mission. Yes, they were ambushed....and unfortunately killed...but, as Trump said, they signed up for this and knew what they were facing.

He meant they were heroes....not many men would want to be part of a special forces unit, knowing they were being dispatched for their last mission.
Basically Trump was either ambushed or booby-trapped with the call set-up.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:27 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,089,904 times
Lacking humility, tact, and decency, instead of letting the gold star widow be, Trump just has to keep tweeting about what he said. The thought doesn't even cross his mind that, "maybe I should just let this one go."

Trump is arrogant and obnoxious, and has an enormous ego. Even most Trump supporters will agree with that. So I undesratnd why Trump is nasty towards his critics and calls people names like the child he is.

But when it comes to the wife of a fallen American soldier, you would think that maybe there was a tiny place in his heart where he could put his ego aside for the grieving Gold Star widow. BUT NOPE, TRUMP HAS TO KEEP IT GOING.

Are there any Trump supporters willing to admit that Trump could've handled this situation better?

Old 10-24-2017, 09:28 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,796,146 times
Of course he could have. Everyone involving themselves in this tragedy could have.

Old 10-24-2017, 09:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I agree with you.

I think Donald Trump is not articulate and that gives people a chance to question his intent and use it out of context. In their narrative that means Donald Trump took the time out of his busy day in front of a general to pick up the phone and call the widow of a fallen soldier and purposely insult her.

I lost three friends in battle field, 2 to suicide. American people don't even know their names. A lot of people (like their parents) grieve in silence. I am sure all of us want our personal heroes to be remembered as the heroes they are. I think this is really the bottom line. There are a alot of American people lost their loved ones to war. Things like this makes me feel my friends are nothing but a number, and this is my honest feeling at the time.
So you are accepting that Trump indeed said it and when he called the Congresswomen a liar in fact he was the liar.

I can accept that this was just a big misunderstanding. But instead of Trump being gracious and moving on he reverted to his default mode which to attack and demean with lies.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.