Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 01:18 PM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times

Advertisements

I don't believe her. She probably hates Trump

Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,141,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
And here it starts.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:19 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,910,517 times
Quote:
She might. We don't know.

It's her word against his - and we already know his track record. Hers is a mystery.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
If it is not what he meant, why does he say it?

I guess we should do with Kellyanne recommends. Listen to what is in his heart not what comes out of his mouth.
Yeah, maybe we should have tried that with Obama too, because he sure blundered on many occasions, but the Leftists quickly forget those moments.

"The Cambridge police acted stupidly."
"If I had a son, he would look like Trayvon Martin." (said while Zimmerman was on trial)

Then there were his numerous insulting remarks about Christians.

Obama has no soul.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:22 PM

5,649 posts, read 5,965,050 times
Since 'Nam, leftists have been telling our troops that. They have spat on our soldiers, protested against them, decried their actions, and now kneel for our anthem... and Trump says something questionable (that technically aligns with their views of the military) and they flip their lids?

ahahahahahahahaha

Bloody hypocrites. Absolute hypocritical morons, I tell ya.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If he did say that I'd like to hear the words before and after to understand the context.

If he did say it and it is as crass as it reads then I agree it is wrong but I can't help but think about Obama when he honored Bowe Bergdahl with a rose garden meeting. That guy was a deserter that caused other soldiers to be killed and wounded when they went out looking for him.

Trump says something stupid. Obama honors a deserter. Which is worse?
To a grieving widow, sometimes, less is more.

I lost several people I deeply love in battle field, I have been told by people "They knew what they signed up for, so don't be so sad." I think they meant well, just didn't know what is the right thing to say.

After my late boyfriend died by suicide, a lady said, "He is now in a good place." I thought she was insensitive, but after I went through my grief, I could clearly see that she meant well too. When your mind is still in shock, nothing else really helps or matters.

A lot of people just don't know what to say to a grieving person. Trump is one of them. As a president, this is no excuse. But the left certainly is not helping the situation. What should be done is to give this family space. Ask what they want, instead of displaying fake outrage.

The only people who truly care about these fallen soldiers are their loved ones. This is exactly why Gen. Kelly tried to keep his son's death out of politics. No one understands what they really go through because everybody grieves differently.

To the people who think they can speak for all military families, the arrogance they show is truly astonishing and disgusting.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,259,424 times
Quote:
Of course that is a possibility as over half the country hates him, but I believe her.

It would be a very odd thing for her to make up out of thin air, and nobody else who was in the car is challenging her story.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:25 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colorado Rambler View Post
On behalf of US Military families everywhere, I would like to thank you for NOT REALLY CARING. Thanks to the dedicated service and sacrifice of our members of the military, you get to sit around on your computer and not really care. You are every bit as awful as Trump.

If you think that the military and their families are going to forget about our fallen soldiers and the orphans and widows they leave behind, then you are some sort of sociopath.

This IS a "sad world we are living in," and you just proved it.
Have you lost people in battle field? I have.

You don't know what others have been through, so quit playing keyboard psychologist.

Your bold is disgusting, by the way.

Yes, the ONLY people who truly care about these fallen soldiers are their loved ones. This has been my experience. So stop the fake outrage and personal attack.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,709,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
I don't know what he really said to that widow, but I do know dumbass Trump brought this on himself since he decided to make a big (lying) stink about how he comforts families of fallen soldiers but Obama and others didn't.

So since you made this into a big thing, Trump, SHOW US YOUR PROOF! Else, I'm assuming he's a lying sack of ****, because that's exactly what he's repeatedly shown himself to be over time (including when he started this fight).
Exactly. 1. He could have called when he found out the soldiers were ambushed. 2. When asked about it, he could have said they were gathering all of the information and he was going to call right away. 3. When he did call, he could have offered sincere words of condolence that any moderately intelligent person would know how to say.

Instead, has has to lie and accuse and bluster and lie some more. His motto should be "Leave no task un****ed."

Old 10-18-2017, 01:26 PM

38,642 posts, read 26,378,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
The right will probably start attacking the soldier's mother. I can see them start digging up dirt on her and starting rumors, just wait and see

Still haven't seen a transcript and what is being quoted by Dem Rep. Wilson is almost word-for-word what Obama said at the Dallas Police memorial.

Dallas Shooting: President Obama Speaks at Memorial Service | Time.com
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies