Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-18-2017, 01:56 PM

5,461 posts, read 3,233,784 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
Of course that is a possibility as over half the country hates him, but I believe her.

It would be a very odd thing for her to make up out of thin air, and nobody else who was in the car is challenging her story.
Not if she's a Democrat. Leftists concoct ridiculous and slanderous stories about Trump nearly everyday. It practically defines their narrative.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:59 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
W
There is little doubt Trump believes he was appropriate on the call.

What matters is the reactions of the listener.

This is really the bottom line. That is why less is more in situation like this.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:05 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,943,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
I would like to see the transcript of the conversation. Trump is gifted at saying the wrong things at the wrong times or even all the time. That said, if someone is looking for the worst before a conversation starts then that is all they tend to hear.
I think we can be certain that the individuals involved with this story were looking very hard for reasons to be offended.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:05 PM
exm

3,720 posts, read 1,779,146 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Gen. Kelly was in the room during the phone call, as well as others. Kelly's son was killed in action and Obama never called him, one of his own generals! Does anyone think Kelly would have sat there if Trump were berating the mother and widow? It's shameful that this Maxine Waters wannabe, attention seeking Congresswoman is using this to further her career and her party's political agenda at the expense of this grieving family.

Karen Vaughn was just interviewed. She wrote a book about her Navy SEAL son's death in Afghanistan. Other SEALs were killed in the same chopper crash. When their bodies came back, the mothers specifically told Obama not to come to the airport or, if he did, not to turn it into a media event and photo op with cameras and press because they wanted their privacy. I'll give you one guess as to what Obama did!

Oddly, I don't recall media outrage back then.
I think the grieving mom hates Trump, and probably took something completely out of context. And the media runs with it.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:06 PM

25,948 posts, read 22,102,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.d653cf0241a4

Who you going to believe, the mother of a special forces fallen soldier or a draft dodger who doesn't like people who have been captured.
I going with President Trump simply based on the congresswomen being involved and the family of the fallen soldier being vulnerable. Generally, when it comes to things said during a time like this, family doesn't remember what was said, and we only have that one snippet of the conversation, not what was said before, or what was said after.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't believe her. She probably hates Trump
That Congress woman, Democratic one (Hillary used many of the same staff as she did, "birds of a feather".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
Transcript? This is the opinion of the mother of a fallen soldier.
The opinion of a grieving mother and sadly having the story exploited in the news the way it is by liberals desperate for an anti-Trump story.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Uh, I think I'll go with the above mentioned "draft dodger" who "doesn't like people who have been captured".

My decision is made partly because you and Frederica Wilson are promoting the story. I don't know about you, but she is a clown in a cowboy hat.

For me it is "case closed".

MAGA
Bingo! That is where the story fell to question by me, "Frederica Wilson". I googled, yeah, not buying it. Sad though this family is being exploited like this by the Dems and not allowed to grieve in private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I believe this is her true and authentic feeling. She has no reasons to lie.

Her grief is new and "He knew what he signed up for" does sound insensitive to a grieving person.
Taken out of context, no one really knows what the conversation was, and in times of grief, things said......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
.... I don't see anything unusual in Trumps remark. I assume all soldiers understand the high risk they take on when they sign up...whats wrong with acknowledging that courage? Its all in how you look at it.

The brave young man knew he was offering his life for his nation when he signed up but did so anyway.
And, this soldier was a Green Beret, also a choice on top of the choice of being a soldier.

Since we don't know the conversation, what was said, and frankly, I don't know why this poor family is being exploited like this and hope those doing it "reap what they sow". Imagine being this family and getting all this press at this time. MSM is really sick.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
Good post.

I agree. Bold: after my friends died, I tell myself everyday that this is what they signed up for. This is how I cope.
I just wish this would have been left as the private conversation it was supposed to be, not because of what Trump may or may not have said, but for the sake of the grieving family. MSM has no mercy when it comes to getting a story. Imagine as the grieving family and having this plastered all over the internet, TV and print news.

This is one sentence out of context, should they let it go, or expose the whole conversation between the grieving wife and Trump? What would everyone want in the place of the grieving family? I think if people look at it this way, it might help clear their heads.

The continued "hate" toward Trump by those still bitter over the election is creating a lot of victims.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:08 PM

39,219 posts, read 27,586,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
I think the grieving mom hates Trump, and probably took something completely out of context. And the media runs with it.
I think in all fairness, her grief is new. Anger is a very normal part of grief.

Honestly, at the very beginning of the grief, nothing really helps. I think this family should be left alone.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:09 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,568,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesychios View Post
In all fairness. one must remember that playing golf for five years on bone spurs is a lot of suffering and sacrifice. Nevertheless, he persisted, and was never once captured or *gasp* killed through the entire ordeal, thanks be to God!
I believe these experiences uniquely qualify the man to judge the sacrifices of others.
Looney Leftists think they are educated and informed when they swallow the Dem Kool Aid and regurgitate it. Exactly the opposite. Listen up and listen good!

Trump and Bill Clinton were college students so took advantage of student deferments as did tens of thousands of men back then during this very unpopular war. They both had high draft numbers so would never have been called up anyway. Funny I don't recall the mainstream Alt Left media being so concerned with Clinton's 'draft dodging'. Why do you think that is?

Pass it on to your fellow Dimwits, er, Dems.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:10 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyster View Post
Not if she's a Democrat. Leftists concoct ridiculous and slanderous stories about Trump nearly everyday. It practically defines their narrative.
Oh please. Trump is famous for his lies. He lies 75% of the time. He's just not credible.

It's always the other person who is lying with Trump, and this happens all the time with this guy. He lies. He is a pathological liar. He opens his mouth and speaks without thinking always and he cannot tell the difference from fact and fiction.

He started this whole issue with a lie by saying the other presidents did not call in order to make himself look better. Trump initiates these episodes by behaving like the pompous lying ass he is.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 PM

25,439 posts, read 9,798,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
THIS is what the Dems are fabricating to distract
from the Hillary/Obama Russia Collusion story?!?!?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!!
No.

Old 10-18-2017, 02:11 PM

18,008 posts, read 27,453,889 times
If Trump screwed this thing up, that is a very bad thing. Hope it's not as the left has alleged.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies