Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-19-2017, 09:00 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Some direct hits there. My favorite was about the empty barrel making the most noise.

Kelly was threading a fine line.

Yes. Maybe we should step back a bit and watch this situation ‘unfold’...?

Old 10-19-2017, 09:21 PM

487 posts, read 545,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayland Woman View Post
You are absolutely right but he also confirmed that Trump said exactly what Trump claimed he didn't say to the widow. That being said, it was wrong of the congress woman to go public with what the president said, turning this into a public debate, no matter how mad or hurt the soldier's family was/still is. There was wrongs done all over the place starting with it taking weeks for the administration to say even one word about what happened in Niger. Next time General Kelly tells Trump not to do something (like he did with the calls) he needs to take his recommendations. Trump lacks the vocabulary and empathy gene to talk to victims---whether those victims are widows or hurricane victims.
I think President Trump truly felt sorrow for these families whose lives will never be the same. People can argue back and forth, but the call was a genuine reaching out to these families. General Kelly gave him advice of what to say based on what was told to him at the time his son was killed.

As Kelly said, they voluntarily signed up and died doing what they wanted to do for the love of our country. They sacrificed their lives, and for that I have the utmost respect and appreciation for them. They were with the best of the best and during that tragic moment they were with the people they wanted to be with as General Kelly stated. Perhaps the congresswoman twisted his words........that was what I believe Trump was trying to get across. By listening to General Kelly today, I get what Trump was trying to say. He had the sensitivity to go to Kelly for help in a very difficult situation. If he didn't do it, he would still be criticized.

It gets me so upset when I see these athletes kneeling during out national anthem and disrespecting our flag. What a drastic contrast to our military men/women who risk their lives or who have died for the love of this country. They are truly, as Kelly said, the best of the best of our country. They will forever outshine these athletes.

Old 10-19-2017, 09:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beachie123 View Post
john kelly defends trump regarding call to soldiers widow. says he is stunned at the description of the call.

http://http://thehill.com/homenews/a...soldiers-widow
AKA "Somebody had to take the fall for that crap."

Old 10-19-2017, 09:25 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,472,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Two boys View Post
I think President Trump truly felt sorrow for these families whose lives will never be the same. People can argue back and forth, but the call was a genuine reaching out to these families. General Kelly gave him advice of what to say based on what was told to him at the time his son was killed.

As Kelly said, they voluntarily signed up and died doing what they wanted to do for the love of our country. They sacrificed their lives, and for that I have the utmost respect and appreciation for them. They were with the best of the best and during that tragic moment they were with the people they wanted to be with as General Kelly stated. Perhaps the congresswoman twisted his words........that was what I believe Trump was trying to get across. By listening to General Kelly today, I get what Trump was trying to say. He had the sensitivity to go to Kelly for help in a very difficult situation. If he didn't do it, he would still be criticized.

It gets me so upset when I see these athletes kneeling during out national anthem and disrespecting our flag. What a drastic contrast to our military men/women who risk their lives or who have died for the love of this country. They are truly, as Kelly said, the best of the best of our country. They will forever outshine these athletes.
Yes, like John McCain...oh, wait!

Old 10-19-2017, 09:31 PM

4,019 posts, read 3,952,731 times
The mother backs up the congresswoman's words. Are they both lying?

We all know how the orange goblin is a pathological liar.
President Moron has zero credibility and is a stain on the nation.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:09 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
AKA "Somebody had to take the fall for that crap."
What a vile comment.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:14 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What a vile comment.
Welcome back Kellyanne.

You've been missed.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:16 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Welcome back Kellyanne.

You've been missed.
I see you are still here taking every opportunity to post hateful stuff about Trump even if it means exploiting a dead soldier.

Do you get paid by the post, no matter how inane?

Old 10-19-2017, 10:17 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blondy View Post
What a vile comment.
“Vile?”

That’s a tad dramatic.

Old 10-19-2017, 10:21 PM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times
Quote:
Watched General Kelly's press conference several times today. It was enough to break a heart of stone. I so admire the man.
I hope you learned something today

You don't have to be always anti-Trump to have honor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies