Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 10:35 AM

9,189 posts, read 7,599,094 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Do you not see the irony in your statement?

The way to stop "the problem" of men sexually assaulting women is for men to stop sexually assaulting women.

If a woman is not yet comfortable for whatever her reason to face/name the person who sexually assaulted her, she's still not the problem. The man who sexually assaulted her is.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 10:44 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Do you not see the irony in your statement?

The way to stop "the problem" of men sexually assaulting women is for men to stop sexually assaulting women.

If a woman is not yet comfortable for whatever her reason to face/name the person who sexually assaulted her, she's still not the problem. The man who sexually assaulted her is.
ok, so the way to stop the murder in Chicago is for people to stop shooting each other. Don't bother reporting the person who did it, just hope that it stops. Unfortunately that's been tried and didn't work. The only way to stop the bad behavior of an individual is to physically stop them and names need to be put out there for it to happen. If no names are ever mentioned it will just continue. If a person wants any type of justice for a sexual assault, they need to report it. They aren't doing themselves or any future victims any favors by not doing so.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:46 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
*^%$@!!! Where does this stop? This is insane how many people prey on all of these females.
Generally a small percentage. Just like other crimes like murder and so forth.

Since unlike a car theft or murder these claims are more likely to go unreported, that means that the same offender can continue to victimize others and often leaves a long trail of victims before it ever comes to light.

I mean, consider some of the serial killers in US history with 10-30 being a range for some of the higher body counts. The gymnastics doctor JUST from the team had way more than that and god only knows what sort of creepy sh*t the guy did prior to that and outside of work? He could have 10x as many victims as the serial killer range I threw out.

Not to be flippant but again, this won't stop. Ever. Which is why we just have to do a better job of being diligent and stopping these predators before they're able to victimize more and more and more.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:47 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
No surprise really. Adult men that are involved in girl's gymnastics are not quite normal. I would not say they are all pedos but something must cause them to want to hang out with young girls wearing almost no clothing as a career.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:52 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,799,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
No surprise really. Adult men that are involved in girl's gymnastics are not quite normal. I would not say they are all pedos but something must cause them to want to hang out with young girls wearing almost no clothing as a career.
This is pretty extreme and someone misandristic imo. Some men just find it really rewarding to mentor girls and be their coach and so on. You don't think the guy at UConn that has been coaching the UConn women's basketball team for 30 years doesn't cherish all the memories?

Old 10-18-2017, 10:53 AM

78,385 posts, read 60,579,949 times
Quote:
Please tell me the fashion trends or TV shows that "sell" or encourage sexual assault?
While I don't agree with the posters premise, maybe look up an Ariana Grande video and reflect on her complaints about a guy treating her like a piece of meat. (sayeth the meat seller)

There is rampant sexualization of younger and younger girls over the years, much of it being sold under the guise of "empowerment" which is bullchit.

I don't know that it encourages sexual assault but it does play a part in seeing these girls as sex objects and not actual people.

Not that I wish this upon anyone but maybe even consider the kardashians?

Old 10-18-2017, 10:55 AM

2,274 posts, read 1,338,710 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
This is pretty extreme and someone misandristic imo. Some men just find it really rewarding to mentor girls and be their coach and so on. You don't think the guy at UConn that has been coaching the UConn women's basketball team for 30 years doesn't cherish all the memories?
Coaching college aged women and 5 year old girls is not even in the same ballpark. I stand by what I said, an adult male that spends that much time around young girls is not normal.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:56 AM

19,626 posts, read 12,222,208 times
Inappropriate medical exams and treatments were not that uncommon in the past. Now a nurse is normally in the room for exams but in the past some creepy doctors just took liberties under the guise of thorough exams. I recall the hair stroker doctor, the breast squeezer doctor, and the leg man, off the top of my head. There was also an obgyn known as "the woman hater". I was once made to see him, as he was filling in for my doctor, he didn't look too good and he dropped dead a week later.

Old 10-18-2017, 10:59 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suburban_Guy View Post

And pretty please, enough with the victim blaming ("b-b-but why didn't she say anything earlier").
I am not going to ask this, but I need evidence to believe her.
We can't just decide a man is guilty because a woman says so. Evidence is any case is essential, without which it is just accusation, nothing more.

Old 10-18-2017, 11:00 AM

10,839 posts, read 14,724,552 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shorman View Post
what a stupid thing to say. Most of great gymnastics coaches are men. It is like saying there must be something wrong with male gynecologists.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies