Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-18-2017, 12:31 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,443,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
I'm not going to apologize for thinking it's disgusting that you think young girls can sometimes invite sexual contact from grown men. Did your daughters do that sort of thing? Or were you somehow involved in playing "games" with your girls who invited sexual contact? 'Cause I've got to say, it's a VERY odd (and obviously extremely sick) thing for a grown man to say.
A lot of young girls do seek the attention of older men. I know of more than one case of young girls shacking up with older men. I can think of 3 from my highschool days and several that were aquaintences of my daughters.

I think a lot of these incidents of women coming out of the closet after decades with accusations of rape and sexual harassment are coming to court with alterior motives, vendetta's and nefarious aims.

I think you're pretty messed up to think women don't play games. I'm not that stupid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-18-2017, 12:33 PM

13,511 posts, read 17,036,232 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrat335 View Post
A lot of young girls do seek the attention of older men. I know of more than one case of young girls shacking up with older men. I can think of 3 from my highschool days and several that were aquaintences of my daughters.

I think a lot of these incidents of women coming out of the closet after decades with accusations of rape and sexual harassment are coming to court with alterior motives, vendetta's and nefarious aims.

I think you're pretty messed up to think women don't play games. I'm not that stupid.
Yeah, the vast majority of these people coming forward are not "Playing games".

Old 10-18-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
That sounds like Islam.

This is about older men in authority tricking and molesting kids who are vulnerable. I know male coaches for girls teams. The coaches are fathers of kids on the teams, and it's all good, no one wants to take that away. If the coaches decided to start treating the girls with massages, we would have a bit of a problem.
Maybe Islam is the solution. One of my daughters was a fanatical swimmer. Very good too but her coach was female, no issues ever arose.

If people can't behave just go the way of Islam.😀

Old 10-18-2017, 12:38 PM

7,235 posts, read 7,040,258 times
Quote:

If this is really your attitude, don't be so sure your daughter's have never been sexually abused, assaulted or harassed. Most women have, and it doesn't sound like you would have been sympathetic to it, much less believed them.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:45 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,800,250 times
Quote:

That's pretty gross man your outlook on it is weird it's almost like you think it's normal. Did you know about this and not report it or anything??? Sometimes it is because the girl has low self esteem or something. A man should not be trying to take advantage of the situation wtf.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
Yeah, the vast majority of these people coming forward are not "Playing games".
If I were a judge how could I be certain? If I were on a jury how could I be certain?

Concerning Bill Cosby he was looking for a house. There was a female realtor that stood to make a large commission if she sold him a house. They supposedly had sex. He didn't buy the house. Is he a rapist? Why? He didn't buy the house as she expected?

Oh well. You place your bets you takes your chances.

If I were a judge in that situation I would have both of them caned in public for making all of humanity look like dumbasses. Conduct yourselves better people.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:51 PM

57,294 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
they all "Sound" very credible? So in your opinion, that's enough to decide a man is guilty and put him in prison???

What proof? According to US law, there should be no reasonable doubt. Don't you get it?

I don't want to put myself in their shoes. The law is about facts and evidence, not about emotion and empathy.
What is evidence when there are just 2 people involved, what facts would you be able to establish. What possible motive could these women have for coming forward, they sounded very credible with details provided and their reasons for not immediately coming forward. I will let a jury decide what is reasonable doubt.

Old 10-18-2017, 12:57 PM

19,637 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:

What's the difference if they seek attention? If they are under age it is up to the adult to behave like an adult. This is getting awfully close to the excuses given by pedophiles. The child wanted it/liked it/came on to the old perv. Right.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
That's pretty gross man your outlook on it is weird it's almost like you think it's normal. Did you know about this and not report it or anything??? Sometimes it is because the girl has low self esteem or something. A man should not be trying to take advantage of the situation wtf.
Back in HS one girl was in 8th grade and pregnant in school by a guy that was 18 or older. I can think of another where the ages were 16 pregnant and 23 year old guy. This I happen to know a lot about because the guys father knew my dad well. There was a big commotion about it but I asked years later and they were still together if I remember right. I was a teenager then.

As for what is normal it's begs the question What is normal? This society I see around me is abnormal. We can do better than 16 year olds getting abortions but we don't seem to be getting any better at managing ourselves. It hasn't improved much.

My standard of normal is what my parents exhibited to me largely. It's a family type normal.

Old 10-18-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
What's the difference if they seek attention? If they are under age it is up to the adult to behave like an adult. This is getting awfully close to the excuses given by pedophiles. The child wanted it/liked it/came on to the old perv. Right.
I agree the onus is on the adult in these situations but where the rubber meets the road apparently that doesn't always apply. Some people are selfish? Inconsiderate? That's what I think it is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies